General 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, some people don't grasp things as you and I do with computers. V1.2 has the option to just select beginner, Int, Expert and it will put factory settings in there for that flying style. that is why I suggested starting with v1.2 and not 2.1 or 3.

And to change the "size" of the heli, you have to do that on the 3GX it's self. I searched forever before I found that lol. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's in the manual.

stokke

Before you upgrade/flash the 3GX you have the possibility to save your settings. These can be loaded after flashing.

The size could be changed in the software on 1.2, I'm not sure if it can be done after 1.2. It's done in the tail setup if done "manually".

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes but dir and tail setup needs to be done again .

At least that's what the manual and update manual said.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Graham Lawrie

Gaba, some people don't grasp things as you and I do with computers. V1.2 has the option to just select beginner, Int, Expert and it will put factory settings in there for that flying style. that is why I suggested starting with v1.2 and not 2.1 or 3.

And to change the "size" of the heli, you have to do that on the 3GX it's self. I searched forever before I found that lol. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's in the manual.

So am i right in saying that the new version you cant select the heli or beginner mode?

Tony

Staff member
I think they should bring it back because it makes setup very easy for those that are first getting into the gyro setup. One click and your set to maiden. Almost anyway lol. But as Marius stated, they did away with it after 1.2

stokke

I think they should bring it back because it makes setup very easy for those that are first getting into the gyro setup. One click and your set to maiden. Almost anyway lol. But as Marius stated, they did away with it after 1.2

Well, I haven't flashed to v3.0 yet, so I can't say if it's back on this version. I'll flash my 450 tonight, and tell you my findings.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Marius. Just dont' forget to make a backup of your 2.1 just in case lol. Would suck to hate 3.0 and not be able to go back.

stokke

How did your flash go and what did you do?

I saved my settings before flashing. Flashed to v3.0 - no problems. Loaded my previous settings, re-did the DIR and tail setup. Bird flies like a champ :D

I can't find any changes in the software, nor did I feel any changes in behavior during flight. But the bird is rock steady - just like before.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have been reading great reports about the 3.0 load.. Just one or two crash reports but apart from that people are really liking it!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Graham Lawrie

IMAG0913.jpgIMAG0912.jpgIMAG0918.jpgIMAG0915.jpgIMAG0916.jpgIMAG0917.jpg Think i have found the problem. Looks like my level sighting has been crap without the digital guage? What is the easiest way to resolve this? Links or trim?

- - - Updated - - -

Photos not to clear, but i am 2.3 up on one blade and 1.8 on the other??? Adjustment on trim or linkage?

IMAG0913.jpg

IMAG0912.jpg

IMAG0918.jpg

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0916.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

Graham Lawrie

OK - if this turns out to be the problem, I'm proven right in my assumption posted two weeks ago in this very thread: 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!! - Page 3

You adjust the blade grip linkages.
Thanks Marius, I hope so. As ia am new to this i could not see any difference, setting it up with the pitch guage, all looked fine to me, but the digital guage prooved otherwise.
Before i adjust the linkages, do i take any trim i have put on the TX out?
thanks Graham

stokke

Before i adjust the linkages, do i take any trim i have put on the TX out?
thanks Graham

No. The trim does not affect the tracking links. You either lengthen or shorten one of the two links until you get an even pitch on both blades.

- - - Updated - - -

Sub-trim is only used to get servo arms at 90°.

Graham Lawrie

OK - if this turns out to be the problem, I'm proven right in my assumption posted two weeks ago in this very thread: 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!! - Page 3

You adjust the blade grip linkages.

Hi Marius, I adjusted the links with the digital guage, if anything to me it looked like the trailing edge was high, although the guage said zero? Just got to go through the set up again on the 3GX. I spun her up and she was jumping about all over the place, but looked like she may fly. I need to decrease the pitch as it read 14 degrees plus and minus.
So set up to do and hopefully in the air this weekend:)

stokke

That sounds great. At least she's not falling over anymore :D

Remember when adjusting tracking;

The transmitter at mid stick.
Both blades should be parallel with the bird.
You want 0° pitch on the blade pointing forwards.
Then turn the head 180°.
Now the other blade should also be 0° pitch.

If your swash is decently leveled, the pitch should be 0° when you rotate the head around the bird.
When all this is good, you redo the 3GX.

Let us hear how it went. Good luck!

Top Bottom