General 450 Pro 3GX V2 Still cant get it in the air!!!!!

Graham Lawrie

IMAG0851.jpgIMAG0860.jpgIMAG0852.jpgIMAG0854.jpgIMAG0855.jpgIMAG0856.jpgIMAG0857.jpgIMAG0858.jpgIMAG0859.jpg

These are the pictures of my girl at mid stick. As you can see, servos 90, main rotor level(zero). Tail rotor blades aligned. I did the 3GX set up and all looks ok. when i spool up she wants to go right and flip over?? I tried compensating with a tiny amount of cyclic which stopped the tip over, got to 3/4 stick and she never even lifted off. Any help as always appreciated. I will add a video of what is happening.

IMAG0851.jpg

IMAG0860.jpg

IMAG0852.jpg

IMAG0854.jpg

IMAG0855.jpg

IMAG0856.jpg

IMAG0857.jpg

IMAG0858.jpg

IMAG0859.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sounded Like in the end you did chop the throttle and the pitch went negative all the way. My bird sounds like that too as I tend to chop my stock down after throttle hold

I know you have done all the setups. But to confirm

Left stick up is swash up and left stick down is swash down ... Correct ?

And before spool up have you checked your gyro correction direction? Tilt bird right swash wants to automatically go left (not right) and vice versa

Same til it forward swash goes back to correct...

I would guess the correction direction to be an issue but of course you know better what you have there. Let us know! :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

john2012

Banned
i think if it is rolling to the left or right you will need to check you swash and recheck if it's level i would start there,and or your settings in you tx

Graham Lawrie

Hi super bad, i have not changed the thro/pitch curve settings and it is a DX6i

- - - Updated - - -

All as you have said, i think it may be my TX settings?

murankar

Staff member
Yes I would check for level. Believe it or not it does not take a lot for the heli to react that way.

murankar

Staff member
Then I wouild check to see if it is correcting in the right direction:

Tilt heli forward = swash tilt back
Tilt heli left = swash tilt right
Tilt heli back = swash tilt forward
Tilt heli right = swash tilt left

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The other thing to check is with the head and blades on check that the pitch pf the blades is right. If your not getting positive pitch you won'y lift off!

heli-maniac

need to set the pitch curve
around 45 47 55 75 100 on the the tx in normal mode
the lean to the left is normal for the heli you have to give it alittle right on as it starts to lift like that that is how my bird takes off

Graham Lawrie

need to set the pitch curve
around 45 47 55 75 100 on the the tx in normal mode
the lean to the left is normal for the heli you have to give it alittle right on as it starts to lift like that that is how my bird takes off
Hi Superbad, thanks for this. I have just watched Tonys video on the DX6i and have set up mine the same. I have put same pitch curve in. I hope that it has been the TX settings. I will try a spool up and see what happens. cheers Graham

Lee

Hey Graham,
If you have Skype we can chat tomorrow if you want. I'm free all day. Maybe we can figure this out.

stokke

Is your swash level when the bird's sitting on the ground prior to take off?
Have you checked the functions Matthias described?
Are there any trim (not sub trim) activated?
Have you checked that each specific servo responds to the specific radio inputs?
Have you checked your gain pots?
Have you flashed your 3GX unit?

Graham Lawrie

Is your swash level when the bird's sitting on the ground prior to take off?
Have you checked the functions Matthias described?
Are there any trim (not sub trim) activated?
Have you checked that each specific servo responds to the specific radio inputs?
Have you checked your gain pots?
Have you flashed your 3GX unit?

Done everything apart from gain pots and dont know what flashed means?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Graham,
If you have Skype we can chat tomorrow if you want. I'm free all day. Maybe we can figure this out.

Hi Lee, That would be great, but i am back to work tomorrow, maybe at the weekend if i dont have any luck. I have set up my tx with Tonys video. thanks for the offer.

stokke

Have you upgraded the 3GX's firmware? (flashed)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can try taking of the blades (main and tail), then spool it up and watch what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, check that there's no CCPM mixing enabled.

Graham Lawrie

I have not used the 3GX software, just done it on the TX. Also i just spooled up in the dark outside with Tonys settings and that has been the best so far. But the tail started spinning anti clock wise as i went past half stick.

I have found a setting on the DX6i, MODULATION, what should this be set at? I think i am very close now, Tonys settings have helped.
Really close i think now:)

heli-maniac

sorry i have not been much help been in and out all day hanging Christmas lights im like my helicopters and dont like the wind

Top Bottom