Micro 130x Bling

cn63bug

First flight was a success, but that's all I was able to manage yesterday. I think I'm going to get a new stock shaft to work with though. The one I used had about 60 flights on it (a few crashes too...) and it seems to not be as true as a new one. But the hub and shaft are holding up well. I also put my stock motor back on to do the tests on it. Will put the spin back on it when I get the new tail shaft to work with.

EyeStation

Well I pulled a weak-eyed blunder the other day. When going to replace my tail servo, I did not have my connector square to the board when going to insert it and pushed the (+) pin to the (-) pin within the receiving side on the board. Worse still, it was powered up at the time taking out the onboard BEC. That is a $53 lesson learned. New moded board on the way from E-Bay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-130-X-Receiver-ESC-Gyros-3-In-1-Control-Unit-BLH3701-UPGRADED-BEC-/190927074285?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7423f3ed

It always seems to happen when you are having fun flying something. One day, it is not there to play with and your days get very long till the parts come in. Looks like I have to pick up some batteries for the mCPx.

Slobberdog

Well I have a bent tail shaft and destroyed bearing because of it, all in the space of 4 mins, its in the hands of my supplier now hopefully he will get it sorted out for me tonight, or in the next few days anyway, will get him to have a look to see if the microheli and Xtreme shafts are the same if so I will put a Xtreme shaft in instead.

Slobberdog

Well had the reply I wanted and now have the damaged items replacements being sent out today, that is why I use this guy he has one of the best customer support ethos' I have ever seen.

quick service, polite and just really good. BLING HELI for those in the UK that want a good supplier

cn63bug

Glad he was able to get it sorted for you Kev. Was you able to find out if the xtreme shaft would work? My modded tail shaft is still holding up well. Microheli did send me a replacement shaft, but I haven't installed it yet.

Slobberdog

Hey Chris it looks like it has shoulders waiting for my bits then I will ask him, however it have noticed they are both held into the spindle block with a cotter pin type arrangement so there is a possibility to interchange maybe.

cn63bug

It would be good if the pins matched up. Be careful knocking them out though... They are a pain and extremely tiny. Wouldn't hurt to use a drop of green loctite on it after it's mated together either :)

Slobberdog

Yeah he gave me a packet of bearings and a new shaft so I am back in the air with no vibes or play again, looking at the amount of slop in the bearing I could not believe it, will do a vid showing it if I get a few mins later,

Did find a broken tail servo holder again while I was doing my repairs, so new ally one ordered, as this is my third plastic crud one broken, should have the new one in the morning. Was hoping the new lynx tail servo would be in stock before I needed this part but I think I could be in for quite a wait for that item, have visions of it being on back order for a while, due to popular demand, lol

cn63bug

Was hoping the new lynx tail servo would be in stock before I needed this part but I think I could be in for quite a wait for that item, have visions of it being on back order for a while, due to popular demand, lol

I'm waiting on mine right now. I ordered from a place called tmkarc1hobby.com. It said on their site that they were in stock. IF it's true, then I should have it in a couple of days. Will let you know.

So what happened to your tail shaft? Bend during flight? Or mishap?

Slobberdog

Small knock last time I flew it and fixed it in the hall, flew ok after it, that was about 3 weeks ago, then put one battery through it on Wednesday night in the hall and ok but a little wag appearing at the end, then second battery fin started singing lots of vibes more wagging and when I checked shaft was bent and bearing sloppy, so don't know really

Slobberdog

New tail servo holder in and fitted, but had my girl all day today so even though the weather was great there was no flying :whining:

Never mind though got the sports hall tomorrow evening,

Slobberdog

Well guys its time for the update on this, all new parts fitted and it flew like a dream, slight bit of wag due to slop in the servo but that's not gonna change anytime soon,

as you will be aware from my other posts I have bought a Dx8 and man that has made this heli so much more controllable around small movements, I think this heli is near enough perfect for me now.

Slobberdog

Well since my little dumb thumb a few weeks ago my tail servo has been wagging, I have cleaned it and still have it slightly wagging, but this is down to a bit of play in the plastic slider, so I have been waiting patiently for the lynx Heli servo to come into stock, could have gone for the blade servo but since they changed the design it has not worked properly on the 130x and they don't recommend it.

So yesterday evening they came into stock in fast lad performance so I ordered it, lynx done a lot of testing with this design and have brought the servo out specially for the 130x so can't wait to get it in and fitted,

Once this is done I think I will be near as done with modding this little beast,

Review on this servo and comparison will follow,

Slobberdog

Well new servo is in the post office, or will be for me to collect in the morning, ooh can't wait, excited.com

Slobberdog

Well got my new servo fitted, yes, this thing is small, well smaller than I was expecting anyway.

Now it's very dark over here at the moment, so a flight test is a no go, and the weather as it is forecasted for the next few days not going to get a chance outside,

So the test flight was actually a hover in the bedroom, but it have to say straight out of the box the bird had zero tail wag and it felt really responsive, can't wait to have a go with this in the hall, to give it a proper review,

But in the mean time, here is what it looks like,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

cn63bug

Sweet looking Kev! I got my lynx servo a few weeks ago and haven't had any trouble with it. The tail feels way locked in pretty much straight out of the package.

Slobberdog

Yeah this is out of the first batch in the UK, yeah I could not find any bad reports on the production released servo, they had some issues while developing it though,

Will reserve judgement fully till I get to use it properly but on first impressions it feels really good, was tempted before I got this to get rid of the 130x and get the 150 DFC but now I think I will be keeping this, without a doubt,

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Well seen as I can't get off to sleep, wish I could but it's not happening, I thought I would see how much I have invested in my 130xx project.

And I have come to the conclusion I must be stark raving mad! Whoa over 7 big USA notes, and that's before I add in any spares I have, I have more invested in this than my 450 DFC,

That 7 notes is on conversion from GBP but it's still a lot.

Mad thing is if I could get a stock 130x cheap I would love to try it with just new blades and the Lynx tail servo, just to see what it's like,

I do love this heli though, as it's been the fundamentally most important thing in learning me how to fly in the last 6 months, so when I look back at the notes I have spent I can with all honesty say it was worth it, and it's the one heli I love to fly most of all.

cml001

I love mine too... But I've got a good chunk in it as well... It is kinda mind blowing. However, like u said I love it. She will eat up gears tho! Plastic or metal!

Top Bottom