You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karubah

Back again after a couple of months away. I have been building a few more flying machines in my spare time. Started on nitro planes and now have 3 . A PC 9 with a 120 osx motor and 2 boomerangs one with an OS 46 and the other with a Thunder Tygre 91 4 stroke. I have also put together a Y6 scorpion set up with a KK 2.1 control board. I bought a heap of stuff second hand from a bloke very cheap and these were in bits and pieces. There are still a couple of tricopter sand quads as well as a hexa all from HK by the looks of it. I hope everyone is still in good health and flying or building without too many problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I don,t seem to be able to see any videos. The post is blank and just the description is shown. Is anyone else having this problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I don,t seem to be able to see any videos. The post is blank and just the description is shown. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tony

Staff member
On this site somewhere, there is a picture of an inverted helicopter in front of a full size glider. Link me to it please. I can't find it.

Slobberdog

I think it was posted while we were on xf, and it was titled inverted auto....... By Coolice. No advanced search results on here for it

murankar

Staff member
T - 12 hours till I hit the road of Hotter n heli 2014. Almost done packing for the night.

Heli check
batteries check
Sun glasses check
table check
chairs check
snacks and water check
tools check
spare parts check
radio check
camer/sd card/charged check
power inverter check
hats check
tri pod check

Almost done!!!!!!

Newest member to the trip, Aiden (oldest son)

murankar

Staff member
I have to say yesterday was a great event. Its very small compared to other events. We had about 40 pilots and 3 flight stations about 200 feet wide.

I got 4 flights in and 0 crashes and a few close calls. Gaba helped me get setup before my last flight. Since the wind was just not playing well.

By my last pack I was flying left to right and right to left. I could not get the turns down so I would hover at the end and pyro around to go back. Right to left was shaky at best.

During the whole event every pilot supported me by encouraging me to push harder.

Had a great talk with a Gaui team pilot. Seemed friendly buy also sounded like he didn't want to talk. Oh well I had fun regardless.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Painted my first Rc Car (er... truck) body in over 8 years... Yea, I could have done better lmao. This thing looks like crap...

wolfman76

Well if you used acrylic paints you can just get some 91% rubbing alcohol and a stiff paint brush and it should come off pretty easy.... let's see it anyways tony

Tony

Staff member
It is acrylic paint. Pactra is going out of business, and they are the ones that I have used for years. I LOVE lacquer paints, but it's seeming that it's getting harder and harder to find them.

I don't think I will redo this one. I will just see if I can hunt some Pactra down that is still out there and paint a new body with teh correct colors. I have a color that I mix myself that no one else has, but the acrylic just doesn't mix correctly. I mixed it as I normally do and it just looks black. I even had to add some white just to get it to lighten up, but it's still just black.

I will see if I can post some pictures tomorrow. I'm still trying to get this thing mounted... Somehow...

wolfman76

Would love to see what you did tony.... since it is fresh acrylic you could easily strip it off... try spazstix.com they got awesome lacquer paints. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom