You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeStation

Nice late lunch. Had the 130x up after putting the o-ring mod in and reassembling the tail per the amended manual instructions.
Managed to get 3 complete right hand circuits done, also 4 incomplete ones, and 3 complete run-stall-turn right-dive-run...'s in too.
This 130x is building me a lot of confidence. Dove it into the grass twice from about 30', and ended when I popped the ball off a main blade grip. Lost one o-ring out of the deal too, but extremely happy and flight time was well worth the damage incurred.
And I discovered first hand how these things do attract the kids. I will not spool up the 450 at a park, that is for sure.

RC MAN

Yep, kids love to look, but not just kids, I have older peops (70s) watch too, They realize the dangers when I spool it up, they stand back like 30ft or so, and enjoy my flights.
That is if I dont plant the lawndart before I land. I always land when I see people or dogs, kids. Then if they want to watch, I give them the move back and give me room talk.
These things will remove a finger or inflict serious injuries. And they are just electronics and mechanical stuff that can go faulty at times, but ya never know when, so just take big precautions when flying around others.

Slobberdog

Well after debates in the club tonight about having more power than I need, I'm wiped.

One of our guys has a PL8 and says he don't need the power it has, but he managed to blow 4 quad chargers up before he had this beast, but he is running it off a 500w 12v supply, so not using anywhere near its full potential.

Then we got into the discussion of the 1000w power supply and how it's over kill, lol.

One question was posed, why would you want to charge your batteries quick, LOL.

I did put a show stopper in there though, my charger and supply was 20% cheaper than his charger alone! and the supply comparison was 75% + cheaper, oh and I can use the full potential of my charger........mmmh!

murankar

Staff member
It's been a few days since being on here. Sorry for the AWOL status, been kind of spending time with the wife. On Monday I got the latest rchn episode and finally finished it today. This week was a 30 to 45 minute review of the blade 700X.

Now I had a question about it. In order for me to ask it on their site I had to create an account, so I did. I then made my way to their forum and did a brief intro post like we do here. I mentioned RCH and how great it is here.

Now I have some news for Tony, I know it's not an account number that has $1,000,000 in it but here it is. Dan reed, the creator of rchn, replied with:

"
Hello Uri,
I am very familiar with RC Help.com.
When I first started with RC helis, I bought & crashed a Dynam E-Razor.
If it wasn't for Tony's videos, I wouldn't have known how to put it together and fly it again.
You'll find the same helpful spirit here at RCHN.
Make yourself at home, and welcome.
If you ain't crashing, you ain't buying."

So thats my news of the week. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Have to go renew my license today. First time in 17 years that I will have a restriction on my license. And it's a K restriction. Basically means I can't drive a commercial truck outside of Oklahoma because I don't have an active medical card. More BS...

RC MAN

Soo Tony, Its off to DMV for you lol.
I cant wait till the weekend, Pro Pilot wants to try my speed heli, he saw it and said ,Id like to try that thing out, looks pretty fast, and cool also,
He flys for Henseleit, The TDR people, here in Germany, Ill have to have the video crew here too, lol, me with my stupid camera.
He only lives about 65km away, so should be no problem. If he has time.

Tony

Staff member
This is the dumbest thing evar. In order to renew a CDL (yes, I was a truck driver for 10 years), you must go to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and do your eye sight test and answer some questions. Once you are done there, you must go to a tag agency to actually get your license. What kind of crap is that. Yes, I have had to do this every 4 years. Yes, I complained about it then (on a different forum, RCH didn't exist then lmao). And yes, I'm going to complain about it again in another 4 years.

And because of the regulations that were passed on Jan. 2012, I now have my first EVER restriction on my license. It's a "K" restriction saying that I can NOT drive a commercial motor vehicle across state lines because I do not have an active medical card.

[/rant]

Tony

Staff member
In order to get a medical DOT card, you must go in for a full physical. If it's a cute doctor, I don't mind. but I keep getting stuck with these really weird doctors lol. But, since I'm not driving and really don't plan to unless I lose my job here (which is still likely), I won't ever use the CDL again.

Derek

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can imagine that this subject is going to get quite a few responses and would then require it's own thread. I'm going to comment, anyway. This occurrence is going to help make it more and more difficult for beginner FPV pilots, including myself, because the officials are going to demand rules and add penalties. The owner of the DJI Phantom was clearly inexperienced. He had no idea what he was doing. He had no business attempting this flight. I hope the police confiscate his drone, along with the camera onboard, and maybe even investigate for damages and make him liable for them. What an idiot!!! I am happy to hear that no one was injured.

pvolcko

I agree, incidents like this will result in regulation and worse for those of us who take this hobby seriously enough to not do dumb things like maiden a quad over downtown Manhattan.

Also hate that the media calls these things drones. It doesn't matter what it is. Big or small. Single rotor, multi-rotor. Heli or plane. It's all lumped into "drone" and immediately treated with suspicion and derision as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Now I am PISSED!!! I just contacted HK asking where my item was that I ordered on 9-7-2013. Guess what, IT HASN'T SHIPPED!!!! My business with them is DONE. I'm to the point where I'm about to completely block them on this forum so that no one else can be ripped off. Completely ridiculous.

So only have about about 4hrs left and then we have a long weekend down here!!
Sadly most of my weekend is already taken up :( But i have included some flying time on Sunday!
Lots of yard work and a bit of cleaning to be done inside.
Just itching for this day to end... been crazy

RC MAN

Well, after what happened to Roman in N.Y.C.
And then this accident, It wonders me that the City doesn't ban flying all together within the city limits. Or make people make a Hobby Flying Licence.
Kinda sucks that people dont take this (TOY) stuff seriously enough, THESE ARE NOT TOYS !!!!!
Anything bigger than a 130 is a dangerous Heli, and quads are not for everybody either, One camera man was filming in germany, on tv, when he lost control over his fpv, and almost hit the Chancellor of Germany. And this,on TV! Luckily, she laughed about it, but try to remove a Quad, that just got tangled in your hair, I imagine you would be bald afterwards.

PEOPLE, Use your BRAINS when your flying, anything can happen, servo breaks, esc gives out, blade snaps, tail blow outs happen all the time. And it almost always ends in a crash.
I fly like this, I picture 1 of my kids on the field, and if something happens, and I would hit him, than all hell would break loose at home, and I dont know if I could take what might happen, if he would be seriously injured either,
I land as soon as I see someone walking towards my flying area, and wait till they pass by, or they stay and want to see me fly,

BOKI

Tony ;You have done a Nice job with the site & the Best with everything on the site & at Home in the future !

Tony

Staff member
Was going to build the RCH Edge 540, but can't find my paper cutter lol. It's always something lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Trying to get the RCH Edge 540 together and can't find my glue sticks... All pieces are cut out, just need to be put together... It's always something lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom