You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

murankar

Staff member
I think I found us a new member. I work with this guy who expressed that he wanted to get a "Toy" kiosk heli before going to Kuwait. I told him my feelings on calling them toys and to also consult with me before he buys. I told him it is easy to buy the wrong kit and that I would show him what he should be looking at. He gave me a price range and I instantly told him about the mcpx bl anf the Axe 100 ssl because he wants the lights too.

Looks like I will be doing some basic training with him.

Well I finally got the news I had been waiting to here, my grandfather finally passed away early this morning. He's been battling dementia for a while, and after many months of being a vegetable he has finally let go. Fortunately my folks got to show him pictures of beth and I and tell him about the baby that's on the way.
So to do some of my own reflection i'm off to go and fly and remember the good times we had

murankar

Staff member
I just start talking about it with him. I would rather see him get some kind on FP first. Lights on it was something he would really like. Then I showed him the AXE MD 530 but he didn't seem to like it. I have a about a month to teach him what to look for. today was the quick crash course. I told him to look up RCH so that his questions can get answered before he buys.

wolfman76

Well I finally got the news I had been waiting to here, my grandfather finally passed away early this morning. He's been battling dementia for a while, and after many months of being a vegetable he has finally let go. Fortunately my folks got to show him pictures of beth and I and tell him about the baby that's on the way.
So to do some of my own reflection i'm off to go and fly and remember the good times we had

Man sorry to hear that Jonathan my condolences to you and your family but i look at it Lillie this he will never be completely gone as long as you hold him in your hearts and he will always be a prayer away from listening to you and guarding you from above....

pvolcko

FP 4 channel heli for a start would be good. Coax get boring quick and unless it is 4 channel I found them more difficult to fly than anything else since you don't get banking capability. I like my 120SR. Good starter heli.

Honestly, your best bet would be to get a Nano CPX and throw some mSR X blades on it. I have heard that makes it fly just like a normal flybarless FP heli (with the right settings), then when you're comfortable, you can throw the stock blades on it and learn to fly CP.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I said to hell with it and went. 105ºF out there and not a cloud in the sky. Flew the "new plane" for all 3 batteries (love that thing), flew the Edge Mini but the elevator is warped from the move and it just doesn't feel right. I then flew the 450 Pro, but the servos are almost making that thing fall out of the sky! Having to add a LOT of collective just to keep it up in the air.

Yes, I did get everything on video. Should be uploading the heli and the Edge today, but the "new plane" will have to wait until I do the review video on it. Did I mention that I love this plane? lmao.

Derek

I hope you can get the videos uploaded tonight. I'll look for them when I get home in the morning.

Tony

Staff member
I will try to get the Edge and 450 videos up. Still have to shoot the beginning of the video for the "new plane" lol.

murankar

Staff member
Took some time and added to my review. After reading it again I might have to edit it some more. I just dont like how it flows in some parts.

done a ton more flying at the field. Met a few new guys (including an Align team pilot!) and had a lot of fun flying helicopters, multicopters, and planes. Video to come.

murankar

Staff member
Just spent another hour tweaking my review. Most of it was due to Chrome not playing nice with the forum. Chrome does not play well with formating text so I switched back to IceWeasel (rebranded firefox) and things were fine.

Well was having a boring day at work today, and just flicking through things... next thing I knew, I have laid out the cash for my first edf. I have a Sea Vixen on its way for me :)
Now just have to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom