You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
I had to get one because my company uses iOS only apps to do my job. And with the opportunity to make this kind of cash I had to go for it.

murankar

Staff member
I shot the first video. Stupid me, I guess I forgot to set the video quality to full HD. Time to re shoot the video.

leedude1

hey boys...

Why does this hobby calm my mind? From friggin soldering a few hairs on a nano servo...to trouble shooting a twitchy tail or spending a few hours in a gym with my brother in laws and just staring in amazement at one of the birds just sitting at 10 feet in perfect balance.
Hobby has kept me sane in the last few months :smile: and now just puts a smile on my face when I can fiddle with em. Going to hit 50 in a few months and I will need a new bird to celebrate don't you think..:lol:

TomOTR

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not. This site is confusing to this old fart. I am looking for a comprehensive set-up guide for the new (black) DX 7. I have the manual but end up calling Horizon Hobby every time I try to set up anything other than the most basic functions and often get even those wrong as the manual assumes flyers understand all the terminology they are using. Any easy to comprehend help would be greatly appreciated. There is no doubt in my mind that this radio will do far more than I will ever require of it. I simply want to understand exactly how to do it.
Also, if there is a response to this request, will it show up here or in my email? Thanks-- TomOTR

murankar

Staff member
So I re shot the video. Still having resolution issues and the microphone volume was to high. My first world problems.

Last edited:

Diver9543

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not. This site is confusing to this old fart. I am looking for a comprehensive set-up guide for the new (black) DX 7. I have the manual but end up calling Horizon Hobby every time I try to set up anything other than the most basic functions and often get even those wrong as the manual assumes flyers understand all the terminology they are using. Any easy to comprehend help would be greatly appreciated. There is no doubt in my mind that this radio will do far more than I will ever require of it. I simply want to understand exactly how to do it.
Also, if there is a response to this request, will it show up here or in my email? Thanks-- TomOTR

Don't feel bad, I have the same transmitter and can't figure out half of what I want. Yesterday I thought I had it programmed to my Blade 350 QX3. I took it to my club and started working on getting it ready to fly. I couldn't even get the quad to arm. Luckily I had my old DX6i, at least, it wasn't a wasted day.

Smoggie

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not. This site is confusing to this old fart. I am looking for a comprehensive set-up guide for the new (black) DX 7.

The new generation (G2) DX7 is quite new so there isn't much available online, however it's software and user interface is almost identical to the DX9 which has been around for a while. if you have a look on Youtube for setup videos fore the DX9 you should find plenty.

murankar

Staff member
All the new DX radios have very similar programming. Specktrum has made the setup files available on line and can be downloaded ND transferred via SD card. Their setup files are good starting points.

murankar

Staff member
Video 1 is shot and being edited. Just edited the audio in audacity. Next is to get a video editor up and running to edit the video.

TomOTR

Thank You Diver and others who have replied. I did find the DX-9 useful and also the short write-up on the new Black DX-8. I will continue taking this in baby steps till I start getting the picture. For those who suggested downloading the files, I did not find my planes listed. I was trying to download from spectrum.com but could find no listing for the E-flite Carbon Z cub. Seems rather strange since it,s one of there very popular airplanes. Have a gentle day-- TomOTR

Tony

Staff member
What's up guys! It feels like it's been forever since I have been on here. Work is kicking my ass big time. I have not touched this computer in about a week and it king of feels weird typing on an actual keyboard. All I use at work is my iPhone and iPad (I think I just threw up a little admitting that...).

But, the job is going okay. I'm hoping to have enough money to go ahead and purchase RCH's final server. But that is going to depend on if I can keep running these good days. I have had two awesome days at work, but I have also had horribly bad days as well.

I would really like to get back into flying, but when I have a chance it's either raining or way too windy or it's dark. And now, they are moving me into a new position so I will be working even more hours. Right now I'm pushing about 12 to 14 hours a day just trying to make ends meet.

But things are looking up. And I'm hoping to do a lot more investing in RCH in the near future.

trainrider06

Ah great news Tony! Glad to hear things are looking up! Sorry to hear your having to work your brains out to do it though!
We've got a great bunch of guys on here and I am glad the site is continuing on as well.
From what I've seen murankar, Neil, smoogie, Lee and others have been stepping in to help out members a good deal.
Just goes to show what a great site this is!

Tony

Staff member
I am trying everything I can to keep this site up and running. I would like it to bring in more revenue but without having the time to shoot a lot of videos, there is just no way that I can do that at this time. But I am working towards an end goal. Unlike trucking where I had a 5 year plan, this one is a long term plan. I love doing this kind of work and when we start doing commercial, I will be able to do what I really enjoy, and that is networking. And making even more money doing it. We are just waiting for it to hit this market then we will get started on it. And once that happens, I may be looking at some different options for the site. Options that can help it grow even though I'm going to be working just about every day of the week.

I can't thank all of you enough for helping out on here and providing the answers that everyone needs. I have gotten a few PM's from new members asking questions and it sucks that I don't even have the time during the day to answer them. But, I guess that is life when you are trying to dig yourself out of a huge hole that was dug for you and you were tossed in it unwillingly. There is only one way to go from here... Lets just hope I don't slide back down.

murankar

Staff member
Finally became an RCHN Citizen, Number 00742. Took a bit of time but hey never to late.

IMAG0210.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Finally became an RCHN Citizen, Number 00742. Took a bit of time but hey never to late.

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

murankar

Staff member
RC Heli Nation (POD CAST) has a vip program. If you buy a card (one time $10 fee) then when ever they have a contest you could win some cool stuff. If you see the pod cast at a funfly you get 20% discount on apparel.

murankar

Staff member
Never, because its a vcontrol, lol. soon I hope. I am in the middle of working out my video editing environment. Once I feel comfortable with the camera and software I will be doing some videos. Right now I am having a slight issue with getting usb to work in my Arch Linux Virtualbox environment. Once this is working I will be pumping out videos I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom