You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
Been doing a LOT of testing today with video capture on my laptop and I think it's time. Tomorrow, Matt is heading over here to my house with a VTX/VRX and we are going to see if we can connect it up to the Runner 250. If it will grab a signal, then we will be doing some fpv flight footage with it. I can't wait! lol. Been too long since I flew FPV. I know it's with a screen and not goggles but still, it's better than nothing. Here's hoping everything works out tomorrow!

Tony

Staff member
Well doing fpv today was a bust. The frequency on the quad and the rx are completely different. Looks like I need to order a 32 channel Rx to use the fpv on this quad. suckage. More waiting.

Now though, we are about to put a 550 in the air, hehe

Tony

Staff member
If I had a 32 channel Rx for it, it would have worked. But Walkera decided to use a weird band with their Tx. But, the damn quad did the tip of death, hit the ground hard, and the battery came loose and took out the OSD and the plug on the main board. I knew I hated this design, now it's confirmed. About $75 worth of parts to get it back in the air.

trainrider06

I like Walkera helis, at least modded like mine! Lol
I converted my V450D03 to Spektrum sat, Kbar, and EMax 09 servo's on cyclic.
It sounds like Walkera hasn't changed much as far as their iffy electronics goes even on their quads.

Tony

Staff member
The tip of death is a known issue, and there is a fix, but you have to set your throttle where the props start spinning as soon as you initialize it. I don't like doing that, but guess I'm going to have to. It's going to be a while before this quad see's the air again. One little crash and the friggin battery comes loose because they can't make a sufficient mount for it. Just a rubber mat and a velcro strap. I'm not happy about that.

murankar

Staff member
That's 2 of us looking at a 550. I will only be able to piece it together as funds are available. I hope to have it done by ircha next year.

BTW, I have set my plan in motion to be at ircha next year.

trainrider06

The tip of death is a known issue, and there is a fix, but you have to set your throttle where the props start spinning as soon as you initialize it. I don't like doing that, but guess I'm going to have to. It's going to be a while before this quad see's the air again. One little crash and the friggin battery comes loose because they can't make a sufficient mount for it. Just a rubber mat and a velcro strap. I'm not happy about that.

Sounds like not much has changed at Walkera....

Tony

Staff member
Well this night just keeps getting better. Brought the 600N inside to do some work on it, and when I hooked the Ikon up to the computer, it told me I needed to update the firmware inside it. So, I pushed okay to update the firmware. Next thing I know, all settings are erased, the ikon will not initialize and it will not go into bind mode. Looks like I have a $225 gyro as a lightweight paperweight now.... I'm about ready to toss this damn helicopter in the trash. I'm friggin tired of this POS!!!

Tony

Staff member
Finally got that cleared up (no idea what caused that) and now the rudder servo is not working.... I JUST flew this thing today and the rudder was working just fine!!! Should have left it on the wall... What a nightmare.

Tony

Staff member
And just found out one of the magnets fell out of the fan... There is a vibration at 15,000 rpm... holy crap...

trainrider06

Sounds like the heli VooDoo is over at your place too Tony. I have had issues with 3 different heli's for about 3 weeks now! My 500 has turned into an easy bake oven, my SR decided it no longer liked being controlled by my DX8, and one of my 450's has had problem after problem trying to get it to fly on governor mode....it flew perfect pre new ESC or so I thought, before discovering burnt windings in motor, then stupid me on test let new ESC wires lay against motor, not having right connectors for new motor, having to replace those, attaching the wrong connector to ESC to battery wasting a connector(attached a male onto the ESC when it was supposed to be female). it's been fun! NOT!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Just a little back story (I think this is all too new for you), the 600N has been named "Nightmare 2.0". If it can go wrong, it has gone wrong. From damage internally in the engine to just crap not working right, it's a nightmare. And I know you are thinking, "what was Nightmare 1.0"... That was an HK250GT... Gladly sold that damn thing off.

But, today is a new day, I'm going to rip the tail boom off the 600 (head and main gear are already off) then I'm going to pull the engine out of it. To fix it or to make it more compact for the trash can... That is yet to be decided...

murankar

Staff member
Well I just found myself in a heap of crap. I inadvertently deleted my sisters whole hard-drive on her lappy. I am so screwed unless I can find my other hard drive. As for reloading that should not be to difficult as long as I can find a dell reload disk.

Tony

Staff member
Any supporting sponsors of the RCH 600N that want to know an update, I have posted an update in the sponsor section. Grab a cold one and have a read...

trainrider06

Just a little back story (I think this is all too new for you), the 600N has been named "Nightmare 2.0". If it can go wrong, it has gone wrong. From damage internally in the engine to just crap not working right, it's a nightmare. And I know you are thinking, "what was Nightmare 1.0"... That was an HK250GT... Gladly sold that damn thing off.

But, today is a new day, I'm going to rip the tail boom off the 600 (head and main gear are already off) then I'm going to pull the engine out of it. To fix it or to make it more compact for the trash can... That is yet to be decided...
Oh boy! Might aught call a Priest in on that one!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I just found myself in a heap of crap. I inadvertently deleted my sisters whole hard-drive on her lappy. I am so screwed unless I can find my other hard drive. As for reloading that should not be to difficult as long as I can find a dell reload disk.

Uh oh!

murankar

Staff member
Got the sisters lappy working once again. She wasn't happy but she took the new well. On Saturday I moved out of my house and moved into my moms condo, it's not all that great but at least it's a place to stay.

Tomorrow my finances will improve greatly. So we'll that I am going to be adding to my hobby along with paying off a credit card and paying off the van. Man freedom is smelling so good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom