You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
I need to lol. I'm editing the "test" video now. I'm sure you have read the update to the 3GX article that I posted. If not, just click on What's New at the top of the forum and you will see it. Will upload shortly.

EyeStation

Heading off to an open Flight School being put on by PalosRC.com
My buddy Mike (Beachy), signed up and is allowing me to tag along.
I believe this is part of their "Teach A Kid Day", but we are heading out to introduce ourselves to the club members.
For you local Chicago area guy's, this is at the 107th and LaGrange Rd flight field. Packing up a load of stuff to throw in the air too.

EyeStation

Sorry Kyle, I posted that and left.
You could possibly head towards Cal Sag Rd and cut the diagonal and take you about 45 minutes.
Getting on to 294 North to Rt 45 South would take about 35 Minutes. Apparently it is an open field, and Cook County Forest Preserve jurisdiction.
An AMA license is required. I hear Thursdays are the hot day/evening there. The Old Timers get out there at 8 am, set up lunch and have a great time. Then the field turns into training night after work hours. So the field has human contact almost all day Thursday.
Palosrc.com to see what the club schedule is and what the weekend might entertain.
Today we went through the offering as new pilots.
Our first stop was an introduction to Flight. Newtons laws and the basics of propellers and wing design.
Our second station was a bout with a top wing nitro in RF7. The sponsers wanted to see who understood the sticks and who needed to get better adapted through coaching.
Once completed there we proceed to the Flight Taxi line, where they regrouped us after sim school and went as a unit to the flight line.
From their, Mike and I shared our flight experience up to this time and started to question them about the field, club and other flight platforms they support. We let the first timers get a crack at the buddy box flying before we had our go.
We both got top wing nitros! His was a 15 yr old model and mine was like an Apprentice in Fumes.
The TX we were using in the sim and flight were low end 4 ch tx's with no expo or dual rates. We were told right off the bat, the stick does no need to be moved farther than "This" with a show of 25% stick input.
It was a fun day, made some friends at the club. Got a lot more comfortable with the rules at out Cook County Forest Preserves, (I.E. You can fly in ANY of them.)
And I also go the the chance to fly in front of a lot of others. And we pulled it off well.
I'll post some pictures and videos in EyeStation's and Beachy's Flight Log.
Wolfman, you and Kenjack can work this place in at any time I am sure. I told Ken about where Beachy and Eye call home in Homer Township. That is just off I355 at 159th st. second exit north of I80. They are hosting a summer Soccer clinic this coming week, but after that there is a lot of clean air to be had.
Google Maps

Last edited:

wolfman76

Sounds cool.. I think Kickapoo is cook county and it is a park preserve also they fly turbines on Sundays at about noon or after.... chicago model masters fly there is like 15 minutes from my house....

Last edited:
Hey Tony, what video editing software do you use, I'm using basic windows movie maker...

I was hoping postman would bring my Copterx fbl head and tarot zyx today, can't wait to get my blade 450 converted..

Maybe tomorrow, I'm so impatient..

Tony

Staff member
A cheap one. Pinnacle Studio HD 14. I REALLY need a good one, but I can't afford it. I"m almost ready to go back to WMM...

wolfman76

What about Corel video editing software I have VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate.. I have yet to really mess with it but have browsed through it and it has tons of features... I don't think I paid more then 35 for it they have sales all the time

What about Corel video editing software I have VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate.. I have yet to really mess with it but have browsed through it and it has tons of features... I don't think I paid more then 35 for it they have sales all the time

Thanks Kyle, I'm downloading the trial version, quite expensive here in UK, I'll give it a go...

Got my FBL kit today in post, been waiting days for it, but nothing goes together, wrong swash, shaft wrong, balls too big, sad day, I'm going to take some photos and start a new thread in the 450 class helis, need some serious help now from you guys...

Gutted

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Looks like the setup for a Pro V2. If you are trying to put this on your blade, yup, your going to have issues.

Yes I think I am Tony, but I know with help from here I'll crack it and have her airborne again.... With fbl of course...

First thing I need to do "I think" is to get the stock shaft cut to fit in the new head.. So out with the dremel...

Tony

Staff member
And I do ask that you post this in the heli section somewhere. That way, more people see it and can help. No worries this time, but next time :banned: :chuckles: :biggrin1:,

And I do ask that you post this in the heli section somewhere. That way, more people see it and can help. No worries this time, but next time :banned: :chuckles: :biggrin1:,

Sorry Tony, I thought I was in that section, I already have a thread in there for this... I followed an email link, automatically thought it was from that section.... Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom