You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cml001

Yeah the neighbor that helped me cut up all the trees that were on lines is an electrician... He checked w a meter before we started each section... But we didn't touch any lines anyhow... Careful as we could be... Will continue work'n on my house & neighbors in the morning.

Tony

Staff member
It's always something with this friggin car. Working on the wifes old 1997 Camaro trying to find the cause of the water leak into the oil and decided to just replace the head gaskets. well, you can do that unless you pull the motor because of the lovely engine hooks that are used to lift the engine. They are blocking a screw on each valve cover so you can't remove them. When will anything ever go smoothly...

Now the question is, do I pull the engine, or just put it back together and hope like hell the leak has stopped?...

cml001

Try easiest first is rule of thumb... But.. Murphy's Law will usually prevail... Roll the dice brotha!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I rolled the dice and crapped out...

Still unsure what I am going to do from here on though... Don't want to give someone something that is going to crap out on them a week after selling it. Maybe put a $700 price tag on it as it sits...

murankar

Staff member
I already gave my 2 cents. Pull it then you will be able to better assess the problem. You could very well have found the issue but you can't be 100% sure until you check every point of failure. Yeah either way it's a PITA but that's the only way to be sure.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
You guys have no idea how big of a pain it is to pull this engine out the top of this car lmao. And I just don't have the room to take it out the bottom. I would if I had my other bay cleaned out, but sliding it on this floor is a PAIN!!!

murankar

Staff member
If you want it done right you know what needs done. I know what a pain it is to do it right. I am faced with hard to reach bolts and stuff My self. Lucky for me I don't need to pull the motor.

murankar

Staff member
You and I both know it's easier to fix it when you can reach it. The van has a little more room in there but I still have stuff obstructing my access.

cml001

Last van I had a wrench on was tight as... But if u really want a pain... Try a Nissan 300z.. That's tight! Good luck to the both of u

murankar

Staff member
Got a few things today. New gaskets, plugs and air filter. Let's see how this works out.

cml001

Earthquake in the south... That's right.. All the weather this week, no power... But I make the south shake tonight! Pretty damn good valentines day after all. Hehehe

- - - Updated - - -

An earthquake if u haven't heard...

Tony

Staff member
Earthquake? We have those every day here in Oklahoma. We at one time, were having more than california...

Tony

Staff member
Just shampooed the carpets in my house. This house is only a month and change old, how in the HELL were they that dirty!!!!!

cml001

Got a kid or two?... I've got hardwoods.. U could sweep 20 times a day and still fill trash can... Baffles me..

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking about putting in hard wood just so I can get one of those great big dusting brooms lol. This hour crap to shampoo is not going to work. lmao.

murankar

Staff member
I use the carpet cleaner on my hard floors. Takes no time to clean. Carpet is another story.

Got the van somewhat fixed today. Did the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, air filter and got belt dressing applied. Will see how this affects my gas usage. Next is a small list of stuff to look into. My next task is the coolant. Need to see if and where it might be leaking.

cml001

Thought so too Tony... Wife just ended up have'n us get more appliances to clean with.. Happy owner is steam mop now.. Joy! It actually does do a good job.. Must be the "manly man" in me that says a reg mop does the trick.. But hey.. I ain't never ran the steam mop... Woman's work.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol... That was a joke... She reads that I'll never get any again.. She'd cut it off... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom