You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cml001

Well... Back in Denver this would almost be a joke... But here in the dirty dirty south... Everyone become an idiot when it snows and ices...

cml001

Hey... I can hardly find mine when it lands on grass.. Lol.. Don't really have to, but fly'n is better when I wear my glasses... I'm goin blind... Get'n old, don't feel it, but the symptoms are begining.. Couldn't imagine snow & golf... Might be a fun beer game tho... Lol.. I don't kno.. The ice is collecting.. I awoke with a bang.. Limb had fallen on my new(new to me) truck.. Which I had moved last night so not to have this happen.. So I got dressed for option 2.. Park in the street.. On my way back in the house another fell on the transform.. Pretty sparks! No power loss tho.. Yet.. Sooo.. Coffee, back porch to smoke one.. Top half of pine falls in my neighbors yard... Could tell if it took out the 2 story place house or not... Then I hear another.. Close by... I'm look'n.. Look'n... BAM!!! About 4ft from me it hits.. Scared the crap outta me.. I sit in my chair in the corner of my screened in porch to smoke... Barely missed the corner & me... This will be an interesting day I do believe.

cml001

It's normally fantastic... But we have the mother load of pines.. Neighborhood is thick with'm... They are tall as heaven and old as hell... So.. Freeze'm, ice'm and blow on'm... Lights have been flicker'n all more.. Power line hang'n across the street... Table and lounge chair on the side porch crushed, 2 limbs stick'n outta the ground as if it grew up instead of fell and stabbed in... I'll be without power soon I'm sure...

- - - Updated - - -

And being careful... I ain't goin nowhere.. Chili hot in crock already, overflow of frig stuff already put in the outside frig so if.. No.. So when I loose power it'll still be in the cold... I did go out and tie a red flag on that line so the morons that try to go up and down my hill(I live in the middle of a hill just shy of the curve)hopefully won't hit the line or my truck... Yeah prepared as one can be...

- - - Updated - - -

I did like that about Denver... Most power line were underground...

cml001

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Been lucky so far... But it's not even noon.. Have all day and night of presipitation supposedly... Wish the water pump on the trust Trooper wasn't busted.. Be a fun day for the 4x4.. The Tundra wouldn't do well in this I'm sure.. As I stand outside I hear limbs, trees, and transformers constantly...

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah ... The wifey parks in the garage.. Actually.. Her sorento is 4x4... And I've yet to try it out.... Hummmm.. Hehehehe

- - - Updated - - -

Good side to this morning image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Btw.. The tile backsplash was my first tile job ever! Turned out good, surprised myself!

- - - Updated - - -

Spoke too soon.. First one to hit the house... image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Good luck it should be over soon. Weather here is getting nice but still a tad cold for me. Still doing inventories outside and right now sitting in a HMMWV (HUMMVEE) getting warm.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Well it's getting a lot worse... Lines and trees down all over... Constantly falling... My other neighbor has a hole in their roof
image.jpg
All this shade is great in the summer... But on days like this in winter... Terrible.

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yup, we are used to stuff like that here in Oklahoma. And there is not a place you can go to be safe. It's too dangerous to be outside or driving, and you never know what is going ot come through teh roof. Hope all ends well for you guys over there. It's about 50ºF here today, adn by monday, we will be above 70...

cml001

Score for u Tony! Abandon ship! Yeah I'm in the drive thru on the way to the in-laws across town... They r outta town but have power... 2-3 days till I get mine back according to the company... Normally I'd tuff it out, but little man is already a bit sick.. Me too really.. Major rides aren't too bad if u act like u have half a brain. Well be good.. Thanks guys

Gerald

Snow comming down here in York, PA and they just upped the projected amounts from 8 to 10 last night to 10 to14 at 5:00 this morning and now have just upped it to 12 to 16 inches.
Ice storm last week lost power for 30 hours, Has been a rough winter here, not to lessen any ones troubles, I know there are hundreds of thousands without power right now! People just need to be patient and this will pass! Thanks to all the emergency workers out there, power company people fixing the lines, plow truck drivers and tow truck drivers and I am sure there are more to thank for there efforts.

cml001

Werd... These guys out there have a damn tough job... I know there they work'n to everyone back on track... Yeah.... Tough job!

cml001

Decided to come home.. If there's no power rather be home.. Plus access the hood... Only one way in and out now.. Line and trees everywhere... & I do mean everywhere.. Still fall'n.. Poor power guys.. Watched them fix a pole and line, pack up & before they got in the trucks.. WAM! Another large one takes the line back out... Finally get home.. Several punctures in the roof.. Done think any came into the ceiling tho.. Several spots of sofit & eve damnage... One bad one.. Cut they to the roof... There goes my heli stash! image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

cml001

Did my neighborly duty... Pull out the husq and cleared trees.. Big and small.. Hope this helps the crews get us up quicker.image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Did 4 of these big ones, and a crap load of small stuff... Feels good to do the right thing and help the hood... So many douche bags were look'n out the window or standing watching... Wouldn't even pull what we cut to the side.. But we weren't look'n for that.. Just doin the right thing.. Anyhow.. Inlaws have power back... Time for shower and coffee!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom