Quad xrotor spider quad

wolfman76

ok here is the latest i think the over all balance of the quad is lil off

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

There are all sorts of things happening to the air around the quad when its sitting on the ground surrounded by things. Get it in an open space and get it up in the air about a foot at least, to see whats happening. You can drop it down quickly from a foot if things don't look good.

- - - Updated - - -

There are all sorts of things happening to the air around the quad when its sitting on the ground surrounded by things. Get it in an open space and get it up in the air about a foot at least, to see whats happening. You can drop it down quickly from a foot if things don't look good.

wolfman76

ok took a lil bit of doing and just finding the right time to be able to get her maidened but here it is my first succesful maiden of anything i appologize for the shakiness my 100 yr old boy was using my phone to video for me i think it is about just shy of 20 degrees outside so he starting complaing of cold hands pretty quickly and if you pay attention about 4:10 seconds in you will here a prop buzz a small tree branch no damage though.... here goes enjoy......

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

IF he's 100 years old, we'll forgive the shaky video. LOL
Congratulations on the maiden.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well glad to see you finally get her in the air. The only thing is like I told you before when you take off give it the gas to get it quickly off the ground. That's why your having trouble getting off the ground. Ground effects effect a quad more that a heli!

wolfman76

at beginning of video the balance was way off had to move lipo further forward then tried again and it flew almost perfect battery was already low is why video was only like 5 minutes

Derek

I'd like to see another video'd flight attempt. In the above video, the first flight attempt was spoiled by a balance issue. you then moved the lipo and your quad came to life. So....lets get that lipo to an adequate charge level and try it again. The first flight video was good and it even survived a bit of "tree-trimming" lol.

Derek

...and ya know...there is nothing wrong with being your own person. if trimming trees is what you do...then you just do it, lol.

at least you are ballsy enough to go outside and fly. Too cold for me.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
...and ya know...there is nothing wrong with being your own person. if trimming trees is what you do...then you just do it, lol.

at least you are ballsy enough to go outside and fly. Too cold for me.

I trimmed a tree on one of my first flights too! Lol. I broke a prop though!

Tasajara

Nice to see you got it flying....Quads always do weird things close to the ground or objects. You get a lot of prop wash / turbulence being close. That is why most of the time i give mine a quick bump of the throttle to get 2' to 4' off the ground where the air is clean.

Again congrats on the maiden....

Last edited:

wolfman76

thanks craig...
and sam i did not do it willingly but thanks goodness it was a small branch got leds on it now just have to get them wired up and put a switch on them so i can turn them off when i don't need them will have orange in front 4 blue pillar pods ponting straight down and green in back will get video when i am finished with it and back together...in flight too thought about strapping my flashlight pointing forward kind of like head light to do nighttime in flight video...

wolfman76

Ok here it is i added blue green and orange leds... I also added a switch so i can turn them off whenever i want

ForumRunner_20130101_204845.png

ForumRunner_20130101_204845.png

Tasajara

Looks good.... One thing to remember don't get to far out when flying at night... Sometimes it is hard to tell if you are coming or going :p

wolfman76

i still had pretty good light and is another reason i added the lights incase i wanted to fly at night all have to do is point orange my way and i know that is front green back and blue bottom.... but i don't think i will rush into that just yet

Top Bottom