Quad xrotor spider quad

wolfman76

Here is my spider quad figure i would create its own thread it is a little messy right now but will be tidying it up more after i get esc's programmed and motors hard soldered after i am sure everything is working like it should

ForumRunner_20121209_110337.png
Was wondering also since this will be my first multi rotor how should i setup my tx like what type of aircraft and so on and so forth

ForumRunner_20121209_110337.png

Last edited:

wolfman76

ok cool thnx sam... i also made a post under the esc portion of the quad threads just need to program the esc's

Lee

Which flight control board is on it? The instructions should give you step by step as to how to set up the TX. Let me know and i will help you out.

wolfman76

Thanks Lee got the esc's programmed and control board i got is the multiwii copter 4r6

ForumRunner_20121209_221222.png

That board. starting to connect all leads on the plug that has all three wires in it the red black white where does it go? The rest are all single wires so i plug them into where the white wire would be the top port right that is the signal wire??? Two of them say to plug into aux1 and aux2 Ports but my rx only has gear then aux1 no aux2...

ForumRunner_20121209_221222.png

Tasajara

What radio do you have?
on Futaba the servo plug with 3 wires goes to ch 3 throttle
Yellow ch1, orange ch2, green ch4, blue ch5, purple ch6

Spektrun 3 wire servo lead to throttle, yellow aile, orange elev, green rudder, blue gear, purple aux1

The aux1 or gear will be used to turn on auto level or other features. Not sure which will do what.
I have not personality used this board yet.

Hope this helps also front left motor will turn clock wise.... right front CC and so on.

wolfman76

ok here is what it is doing posting this up while i can been having computer problems here is a video of my problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Sounds to me like you need to calibrate the ESC's. Turn on Tx and raise throttle all the way up. plug in quad and wait for the first couple of beeps. When you hear those, lower the throttle stick all the way and they should initialize. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
ah, okay. well that is the extent of my knowledge with quads lol. I really need to build one just so I know what the hell you people are talking about.

Lee

Try putting your throttle trim to the bottom. I have had this happen to me, but i'm trying to remember why.

wolfman76

i always have it set all way down for all my models on the tx.... i think i might have an idea what might be the problem i need to connect it to the computer with the multiwii config. . program... i have to first make sure this computer is running good first before i will attempt to connect the board to it.. everytime i try to install Norton antivirus from comcasts site i keep getting a big blue box that says INTERUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED... My lady looked it up and said it was being called the blue box of death on the internet...

Lee

I had that happen to me on my first tricopter 2 years ago, but for the life of me, i can't remember why it was happening. And on a plane too. The plane was def 100% because of the trim. But the tricopter....... I'll keep searching my little brain. :D

wolfman76

will it make a difference if on the esc's all the red wires are plugged in or should i remove all but 1 of the red wires from the servo leads??? i also have to setup tx with paris board on computer first i actually looked at instructions it came with lol ....OOPS :black_eyed:

Lee

I don't know anything about the Multi wii but with all my multi rotors, i only leave one red cable in one ESC.

wolfman76

hey tony i might be willing to donate my h-quad frame to you so you can get the multi rotor bug.. maybe other ppl may chip in to finish an official RCH quad i might even chip in a multiwii board also once i get it figured out or maybe send it to lee along with the multiwii software and arduino program that way he can learn it and then help me out with mine too.. lmao what ya say PPL??? We up for a RCH multi rotor too??? only thing it would need to load software is the FTDI micro usb board from
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716? or the bluetooth connection
http://blueskyrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=13

Last edited:

Lee

I have an H quad already and the QAV so no need to send a frame, but if you want to send the Mulit wii, i can put that on my quad to test and figure out what is what. I can compare it to my Open Pilot and KK2.0 boards. Do a little review.
What do you think?
Cheers Lee

Top Bottom