Quad xrotor spider quad

wolfman76

Here it is connected to my computer

ForumRunner_20121213_210100.png

ForumRunner_20121213_210125.png

Moving right along. Now do i need to click write or just disconnect USB??

ForumRunner_20121213_210100.png

ForumRunner_20121213_210125.png

wolfman76

ok here is what i got so far after setting up tx on multiwii 2.1 software.. if anyone has any ideas (lee or craig or sam) so far i am open to them

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

I will really have to learn the multi wii stuff. Is there not a stick movement needed to arm the motors? There is on my FC boards

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go. http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki Right yaw to arm, left yaw to disarm

- - - Updated - - -

So what was the beeping? Was it not seeing 0 throttle like i said? or something else?

Tasajara

You will need to move the stick to the right and hold it for a few seconds, then you should get an extra light showing it is armed. If the throttle position is not low enough it will still not arm.

As far as Set up in the GUI, put all the centers at 1500... end points can be 1950 t0 2000 on top and 950 to 1000 0n the low side. Once you set end points you will need to go back and cal the esc's again.

Last edited:

wolfman76

ok here is the latest everyone and believe me i was happy when it happened
maiden video soon to follow after i finish soldering wires for motor permantly will mount the HD dice cam and other video along with it

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Good for you man? Hope your maiden goes great!

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you man? Hope your maiden goes great!

Lee

Looks ready for action.
You don't say how you solved the beeping or how you solved the arming. It would be cool if you could as this will help others coming to your thread may be to solve there issues.
Good luck on the maiden.

wolfman76

Honestly i think o was just being to anxious to get her in the air and wasn't waiting long enough by holding right yaw for the esc's to arm...but when she dots she was a singing lol.... All motors whirring in the right direction...

Last edited:

Derek

That's a cool lookin quad! Glad you got the issues all sorted.

It's crazy how when you are having troubles with something...just step away for a bit and come back to it...then all is well. Just gotta clear your head and POOF...all is well. Very cool!!!

wolfman76

i think i might have figure out my multiwii boards on how to load software onto the arduino boards also

Tasajara

Hey before you do the maiden check the motor rotation. Hard to tell from the video but looked one looked like it was going the wrong way.
I may be wrong, but don't hurt to check.

Motor 3 FL -CW Motor 10 FR- CCW

Motor 11 RL-CCW Motor 9 RR_CW

That is if you are using a WII control board (it does look to be).

Last edited:

wolfman76

i did craig was real extra careful on that it is hard to tell but they are all rotating the correct directions ..... should i hard solder the motor wires or just leave them with the connectors????
LF-CW
RF-CC
LR-CC
RR-CW
ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTION BOOK THE BOARD CAM WITH EVEN CHECKED THE GYROS AS MOTORS WERE RUNNING CAN HEAR THEM CHANGING RPM'S AS QUAD WAS BEING TILTED ALL DIRECTIONS....
Hey craig how do you wire up LEDS for the quad sep. batt pack??? or same pack or use of resistors or anything like that??/

Last edited:

Tasajara

Nice... was just wanting your maiden to go well without a hitch.

When you power it up make sure you have it level for the first few seconds and dont move the quad.
This is the time the Gyros are calibrating, if you don't have it still, as soon as you throttle up it will flip or do weird things.
It only takes one time for you to do this wrong and you will remember next time. (ask me how I know this happends) LOL

I would use strip leds that come on a roll. You can cut them to the right size at ever 3,6,9 ect
I bought mine from HobbyPartz.com
They have a lot more colors than most ppl.
Sport with Leds.JPG
You could just power them from the flight pack. I have one plane that has 256 leds on it and it only puls 1.2 amps

Oh yeah... just a quick tip.
Throttle the quad up real slow just enough to get it to almost lift but stay on the ground.
You can check all you directions forward, back , left ,right. The quad will lift in the direction
of the stick movement. This way if any are backwards you can change them before you get it in the air.
Also do the trim or sub trim the same way.
Example: if you throttle up and the back is lifting first just trim the elevator till it sits back down... and so on.
Hope this helps...
Craig

Sport with Leds.JPG

Last edited:

wolfman76

ok cool was wondering on leds i have some blue and green for 12v car system just laying around was wondering if they would work???
And i got you on the trims and adjustments definitely want a good maiden on this quad have not had to good a luck on my helis so far still have yet to even mess with my 450 after its crash just sitting on my microwave...

Last edited:

jabbey71

Hey Craig, seen where you throwed in a post with some led's, thought I'd throw one back. I'm really enjoying flying my quad. I've got a few night flights in on my spider quad. Pictures not to good but you can get an idea. LOL. I really appreciate the help and tips you provided to me. Hope everyone on here that reads this post has a very Merry Christmas. Thanks.

DSC06554.jpgDSC06555.jpg

DSC06554.jpg

DSC06555.jpg

Top Bottom