What Did You Do Today???

RandyDSok

I'm in the process of (the permit to acquire) my second firearm.

You are required to get a permit to have a gun? ... or do you mean to pass a background check ( ie not a felon, of legal age, a citizen... etc ). Oklahoma only requires that we pass a background check. In fact, recently they also ruled we can open/concealed carry if we wish also. I'm a stanch 2nd amendment rights believer and feel any state requiring a permit is violating that.

Fly-n-Low

Well, less the charging handle, it function just like an AR. The safety, magazine release...

I have a trust, so that would be better than just the license. I can leave all of my suppressors to my son.

Fly-n-Low

You are required to get a permit to have a gun? ... or do you mean to pass a background check ( ie not a felon, of legal age, a citizen... etc ). Oklahoma only requires that we pass a background check. In fact, recently they also ruled we can open/concealed carry if we wish also. I'm a stanch 2nd amendment rights believer and feel any state requiring a permit is violating that.

That is probably a state reg.?

In Louisiana we have open carried for decades legally. Now you have to have a concealed permit (all I have to do is get finger printed and I am in... lazy I guess). One benefit of that, once you get your CCP, you don't have to go through the NICS, present your permit, sign and go.

RandyDSok

That is probably a state reg.?

That was what I was attempting to find out... or if it was simply a case of using the wrong terminology.

States... or I probably should just say governments in general often overstep their bounds and put restrictions on their citizenry that they have no right to do without a vote by their citizens first. The very concept of "We the People" seems to have been forgotten by many of our politicians and it's our duty ( IMO ) to remind them of this on every attempt less we completely lose our freedoms. The politicians were placed there to manage the business of the country, not to manage us.

Rob Lancaster

Hey guys,
Ok here in Hawaii they call it a (permit to acquire).. I guess that's their way of saying; we're going to rake you over the coals before we give you a gun. But that's ok, for obvious reasons right, right.. I don't want any weird psych-o gamers get'n a piece. Or any flawed so called human beings getting their meat hooks on a gun. It always ends badly....

Now that I can walk again, I need to get back in line at the police station. I hate to get up at 6:00am wait in line just to be turned away because they took their 10 people for the day.. Total blue operation.

Randy, yeah "We The People"! And now the left goes after the children. The made a BIG mistake in going after the people's young'ns.. And calling us Trump supporters white terrorists! @%$# them!!

Looks like Younkin is going to take VA. Now's when the corrupt-os to start stuffing the ballot box.. Watch! Just like the 2020 fiasco!

Fly-n-Low

I don't want any weird psych-o gamers get'n a piece. Or any flawed so called human beings getting their meat hooks on a gun. It always ends badly....
The thing is, if they (or anyone) really want one, no laws against craziness will stop them. Look at the gun crime committed by convicted felons in any big city, Chicago, Atlanta, NYC, Cincinnati, Milwaukie, Memphis, Jackson, New Orleans... If it is a city run by Demos, especially minority Demos, it is a he!! hole! And with the jab mandates, they are in effect defunding the police just like they planned.

Fly-n-Low

I am thinking about buying a new friend. I have had only one puppy new, as my X bought him for me, but all others have been rescues. Maybe I should look at a rescue Collie... but DAMN look at this baby!!!

lady.jpg
lady.jpg

I have had Weimaraners , Labradors, Curs, and mixes... But for some reason I need more hair... Like Charlie the Aussie isn't enough!

Collie-e1533689939593.jpg

Rob Lancaster

Who watches Star Trek??? Not me!!! :warning:

I like the original Star Trek. I still to this day wish I had a hand phaser. It would've come in handy in the zoo's of school's I went too! LOL!! You could take out thousands of punk ass mokes with one clip,,, I mean power pack. What's not to love, he he heee...

Oh and I want to take home that puppy hound!!!

Fly-n-Low

New desk light. Really like it so far. LED variable brightness, and three different colors.

Amazon product

Attachments

• 20211104_181756[1].jpg
    20211104_181756[1].jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211104_181808[1].jpg
    20211104_181808[1].jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211104_181902[1].jpg
    20211104_181902[1].jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 1

bigone5500

I put 100 miles on my bike yesterday. First part of the break in done. Now I can get it to 6000 rpm. I finally got to try out 70mph. Was a cold sunnama beach on it yesterday morning.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Well I made my 12 year old Blade SR with the CH53 fuselage a "Hanger Queen". For those unfamiliar with that term it means taking the good parts of a bird (fix wing or helicopter) down for maintenance to replace in another one. In Vietnam we had to do this to keep active helicopters on flight status in support of operations. Replacement parts from the states or oversea depots took time to get and time was something we never had. When parts did arrive we put them on the original aircraft taken from. Since the Blade SR is no longer in production and parts are hard to find, helped a fellow pilot get his airborne. So my CH53 is off the ready line and in the hanger for now, I flown her less for the same reasons. But she'll fly again when I eventually find a 250 Align or clone on ebay to install. Weather has been too windy/rainy to enjoy flying my 450s anyway. Can still do spool ups in the garage. So will use this time to practice on my simulator at least 30 minutes:lol: a day to prefect my skills.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
20 years ago I was in my 50s. Retired from the army in 1987 but came back on duty for Operation Desert Storm. Retired again after the conflict in 1991. Change career path and went into law enforcement at 45 and join SWAT at 46. I was PT crazy and living near a base that's home to navy seals, join them during their workouts in the gym. Had a good relationship with them being several years much older than their oldest guy. But was able to hang with them. Think I became their favorite Grandpa.

Top Bottom