What Did You Do Today???

Fly-n-Low

Can you take the bolt out and sight down the inside of the barrel...? That one might be a bit small, but we used to do that on .308s, etc. Other wise, you back off on a steady rest at 25 yards with the biggest piece of cardboard you can get.

Or you find someone that has one of these. I sight in enough rifles, I just bought one. As long as the end of the barrel is square, it will get you there. I have used it on shot guns with holographic sights too.

Professional Laser Bore Sighter | Green Laser

Not sure where you are located.... I would loan you mine or do it for you if you were close. It only takes a few minutes, and you're done.

bigone5500

Turns out my scope rings are too tall. I have to get shorter ones to get the lens closer to the barrel. I'm gonna go out to the range with my coworker and sight it in then.

Fly-n-Low

How does it feel? Your cheek should ride on the stock so your eye is in "pocket" so to speak. That is why some custom stocks have "cheek risers".

Fly-n-Low

I remember doing this...

And never mind those pistons... It's not like they are custom or something...

Attachments

• P2160002.JPG
    P2160002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Fly-n-Low

Bed dog!!!!

Edit: He showed up at a friend's hunting camp and was messing, fighting with the other dog. They were fixing to "haul him off".

I said "NO" and went to town to buy him some food... Then put him in my truck and took him home.

It took a while... and he still is not perfect... I love him and he loves me!

Attachments

• 20160303_211028.jpg
    20160303_211028.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Fly-n-Low

Nice hound.....
I have always had dogs. Rescues mainly. Started out with a rescue Weirmaraner, then another rescue Labrador.... I am thinking about buying or rescuing a Collie. I need more hair? He has already killed one vacuum. With another soon to follow.

Attachments

• 20211120_201845[1].jpg
    20211120_201845[1].jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 2
  • hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2

Fly-n-Low

Is this not beautiful???

I already have a dog container, and a training collar...

Looks like this place is out of puppies... God aren't they cute though!

Collie-e1533689939593.jpg

Last edited:

Fly-n-Low

I know I sound like a goof... but I taught Charlie to crawl to me. I had him two months... he was about a year old. He is so smart... Will not get on the furniture or bedding unless invited. Even when I feed him, he will not eat unless I tell him, GO!

Fly-n-Low

Long as you have good tread! You just have to slow down a bit. I rode a Suzi 550 for 2 years because it was all I could afford! Sun, rain, or cold. Sometimes it was miserable, others so enjoyable!!! It was an experience. I hated idiots in cars though!

My buddy has a warmed up GS1100 I was thinking about buying... It is a beast!

RandyDSok

Recently, haven't been out doing much of anything to speak of. However, I have had the urge to go back to a couple of my favorite photo's and rework them again from scratch.

The first is a lightning shot I took in Oct. 2016 and while there was nothing wrong with the original post production, it was at it's native 6000x4000 resolution ( a 3:2 ratio ) and most stuff is better suited at a 16:9 or 16:10 ratio... with 1080 being at 1920x1080 resolution. In fact, I was wanting to use it as a backdrop for my Just Chatting streams I occasionally do on Twitch and since the subject of those often include talk about the local weather with me sharing radar and other weather related stuff... a lightning pic seemed appropriate. So I went back, repeated my post processing with the goal of going with a 1080 sized shot, tacked on a copyright and walla... lol

Lightning_2016_16-9_enh_copyrighted.jpg

Then there was a shot of the Orion Nebula I did earlier that year in Feb. that has always been a favorite but when I first did the post processing... I couldn't keep a greenish tinge out of and still keep the nebula showing up well. In fact, the test shots I did the previous evening to find out the best amount of time for the exposures to keep the star trails to a minimum, were a little off also.

Anyway the reason for the test shots the previous night... the final was a stacked image that created using around 20 shots ( times 4 since they also contain what's called bias, dark, flat and flatdark shots to help with image quality as well as increase the combined light of the original pics that are used in the final composite ). Then you use a program that combines the originals as well as uses the other shots to get rid of sensor noise and other aberrations. Then you do your final post processing after that step of combining everything together. Again, I started with the original combined shot, zoomed into what I wanted then scaled it back up to the full resolution ( ie 6000x4000 )... and once I redid the post processing... I again made a 1080 sized shot that I could share on the web. The star trails are almost unavoidable unless you have an expensive motorized stand that can track accurately, these were around 3/4 of a second shots and the zooming in to the amount I wanted, exaggerated them more than what you'd have seen if I had used the original full shot, but the nebula would have been tiny in that.

Orion-2016-02_1080.jpg

I've got another stacked shot of the Orion Nebula that I took later on in Dec. of that year that the detail came out good on... but it was overly purple-ish that time instead of the greenish hue this one had... I may rework that later. :)

Top Bottom