What Did You Do Today???

Fly-n-Low

20 years ago I was in my 50s. Retired from the army in 1987 but came back on duty for Operation Desert Storm. Retired again after the conflict in 1991. Change career path and went into law enforcement at 45 and join SWAT at 46. I was PT crazy and living near a base that's home to navy seals, join them during their workouts in the gym. Had a good relationship with them being several years much older than their oldest guy. But was able to hang with them. Think I became their favorite Grandpa.

Thank you for your service!!! I have a buddy that was in the Navy wrenching on C130s. He said the same thing. They would take parts off one to make anther airworthy just for the sake of paperwork.

And I love flying my simulator. Had it not been for it, I would have went broke keeping my 500 in the air!

Fly-n-Low

I put 100 miles on my bike yesterday. First part of the break in done. Now I can get it to 6000 rpm. I finally got to try out 70mph. Was a cold sunnama beach on it yesterday morning.

What do you have? Last bike I had to break in was an old '78 RM125... Not sure I would like to run it 100 miles at one time though.

bigone5500

What do you have? Last bike I had to break in was an old '78 RM125... Not sure I would like to run it 100 miles at one time though.
I bought a 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS. Per the owner's manual, you have to keep it around 4000 or less for 250 miles then no more than 6000 for 400 miles. Then it's 'moderate' riding up to the 600 mile mark at which I have to take it to have it serviced by a Kawasaki authorized service center for warranty reasons.

Friday evening I had 173 miles on it. Today I have 337.

Fly-n-Low

Oh I bet that is a riot!!! I had a Suzi back in the day, Vance and Hines pipes and several mods. It ran like a spotted ape until I blew it up... Twisted the crank, bent valves, etc... The crank was pressed together... Who knew? LOL!!!

Fly-n-Low

I had an RC boat one time... But it wanted to be self identified as an airplane... :help:

And yes this was my boat... er plane.. what ever...

48" Youngblood tunnel, .80 Picco ... I think on 60% nitro...? It rotated and landed in a nose dive and completely submerged. I had to run out quickly with a jon boat to recover.

It doesn't look 4 feet long, does it?

blow.jpg

Last edited:

Fly-n-Low

Got a buddy in a bind. Wife has dementia and worse yet had a stroke. I was seriously looking at another car... C8.. or a 911 Turbo S. BUT ...

This is me driving a 914 wide body with a Subie turbo.. Cut me some slack, the shifter is a bit "shifty"... LMAO. I had to learn it. My 911 is the same kind of ... Anyway...

And the video...

Attachments

• 20151208_202454.jpg
    20151208_202454.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1

Fly-n-Low

I had do get one back in the day. It was a b!tch! You had to do a zig zag through the cones at almost an idle.. You went to fast or stopped, they would make you do it again... Then make you run from 1rst gear to 3rd, and stop as fast as you could, down shifting to first at the same time.. No down shift in to first, do it again. THEN they made you ride in a circle, run all your lights, signals, and switch to reserve... So when I renew my license.. even though I don't ride the road anymore, I keep my endorsement... LMAO!

If my buddy still has his old GS1000 hot rod, I might buy it... So many crazies in the road. Please be safe!

Last edited:

bigone5500

17HMR is a bad dude!!! And that is a good deal! Now you need a nice scope!
I'll have to research scopes. Not too astute in that area. Don't want to zoom in at 1000yds but want to be able to make out a target at at about 300. I'll probably stay away from Walmart scopes. I just don't trust one that's packaged in a blister pack... LOL!

Fly-n-Low

I'll have to research scopes. Not too astute in that area. Don't want to zoom in at 1000yds but want to be able to make out a target at at about 300. I'll probably stay away from Walmart scopes. I just don't trust one that's packaged in a blister pack... LOL!

At one time WM sold a cheaper line Leopold. I bought one for my 22HMR. 3X9X40 and seems to fit the bill well. I don't think they sell them at WM anymore, but Leopold does make a cheaper line of scopes. Just a Leopold fan... This one is pretty cool... VX-Freedom 3-9x40 Rimfire MOA

Top Bottom