What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
I was never IN the military, I only WORKED for the military. I worked security for them at a couple bases here in Oklahoma for a little over 5 year. I also worked at a little po-dunk town as an officer, but I did that under a conditional license, and that taught me all I needed to know. Did not want to work small towns as it is way too boring, and you get to arrest those that you know... And found a couple of the officers that were a little.... let's say... corrupt... Needless to say, NONE of us work there anymore, but I was the only one that left willingly. From what I hear. I bounced quickly out of that situation.

And keep practicing the shooting, but keep that booger hook off the trigger until you are ready to kill that red dot. Also, get something like a white paint stick, or bingo marker in white (if they make that) and cover the old shots.

As for a proper distance, at 430fps, I would not go over 10 yards unless you account for the arc. Maybe 20 yards at the max.

Rob Lancaster

Good for you for get'n away from those corrupt-Os.. Yup today the corruption goes all the way to the top. ALL THE WAY...

Yesterday we had a little get-together with family and friends. My brother in-law and nephew brought over their riffles so we had some shoot'n fun before we lit up the bonfire. Brother Craig brought over his new drone. He videoed some of the action. DJIG0019.mov - OneDrive (live.com) .........

Here's a snap of one of my pistola targets. Man it's hard to hold a pistol steady. I hate to say it, but my sister and 90 year old mother have steadier hands than me; DOH!! And yes, I'm watching where everyone's booger hook is... Prongs off the triggers and safety's on. Don't want any mishaps..

I'm much better with the riffles. One was a .22 cal. and one was a .177 cal... Both break guns.. The .22 had a regular scope and the .177 had one of those red dot sights. Super cool! With those babees, the question now is, which eye do you plug first, LOL!! This is a fun sport!... Oh hey, because I've been blasting away lately, I need more pellets. Get this! It begins!! A month ago I could get 500 rds of .177 cal pellets for $4.52... Now the average quality pellets will cost you 4 to 5 times that.. I was able to score a couple of Crossman cartons on Amazon and their on the way but jeezo man; a peek at the future.. I can't wait to see how high the CO2 cartridge's go.. Damn lefties!!

Oh hey, let me know if the video link of the drone flight works.. If it does notice the jungle behind the house here. I'd hate to have my Trex go down back there. Even though I do have a loud locator beacon. I don't want to ever go down to the spider and centipede infested jungle again. Imagine if the chopper went down onto one of those many tall trees... We're talk'n a Nam style recovery mission... I'm to old for that sort of stuff; ha! LOL!!

My brother flies far and high with the drone and we're going to do a video of the famed Stairway to Heaven soon.. All the way from the bottom to the summit at 2700 feet. Some of my old stomping grounds.. Yeah, no more Nam action for me. Let the eye in the sky do the work now, ha!..... I can't believe what that drone can do.

Thanks again for the tips Tony!..

Attachments

• IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 2

Rob Lancaster

Hey guys, we got three already!... And there's more where she came from. This one is about 75 pounds..

Here's the catch of the day... I give you one chance to guess what this thing smells like.. LOL!!

Shortly after I took these pictures the boys showed up for the fun part. After one guy lassos the neck the other guy opens the trap. I stand back! After the trapdoor is slid up, the animal launches out of the trap. Because its roped by the neck, it doesn't get far.. These guys know what their doing. When the pig get to the end of that rope, it gets turned around. Then the other guy grabs the rear legs and then give her a twist to get her on the ground. Well maybe not on the first try. She jumps up and goes for one of the guys. But he still had it by one leg and pulls it back to the ground. Then they both give her the Gorge Floyd treatment to subdue her. Now they duck tape the legs and mouth and off they go after resetting the trap... Kalua time!!!.......

Oh hey been doing a little flying with the Trex 450... She flies great.. No trouble to report in that area.. The new larger skids are working good too, nice!..

Attachments

• IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    539.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2055.JPG
    IMG_2055.JPG
    451.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    512 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    511.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 5

murankar

Staff member
Got a "fire" put out today. Now i have people who can't read their build sheets. This issue has been happening for almost a month now. Some mistakes same people. Dude this is a $20 an hour job act like it.

RandyDSok

Got a "fire" put out today. Now i have people who can't read their build sheets. This issue has been happening for almost a month now. Some mistakes same people. Dude this is a $20 an hour job act like it.

Some people take longer to develop pride in what they do, others never learn how... Good luck with either kind.

murankar

Staff member
This guy is killing me. Man for someone who claims to have a back ground in life cycle he sure doesn't show it. So today we start the shift at 1pm and he comes in at his normal quarter till. We do our normal routine of hanging out till about 1345 or 1400. This guy and a temporary transfer dude decided to go get started with the punch list for the shift. our build sheets and labels were not ready. So the Temp trans and this guy take off to the build area, its a 15 minute walk to the location. Both guys forget the cage key to get into the work area. I texted them and finally they get the keys.

After a while i head down to join up with them with the documentation. This guy and Temp transfer are talking about getting out early tonight. How they want to be done by 7:30. I said okay make it happen I am game. Well needless to say they both make a shload of mistakes tonight that kept us there till end of shift. I was livid to say the least. This guy wasted over 6 man hours of labour on 2 builds tonight. He built the wrong form factor twice. Each build was at least an hour and half not to mention the fact he had to re image windows on the 2 miss builds. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

long story short this guy and temp transfer need to keep their mouths shut while working and stop worrying about getting out early.

Rob Lancaster

Nice hog! Now feed it up for a month and it'll be just right!

Where are you getting your pellets? I've been buying Kodiak and H&N from Pyramyd Air. They might be a bit more, but better quality.

Buy Air Gun Ammo | Pyramyd Air

Hi Paul, at first I got two tins of Diabolo pellets when I ordered the gun from Air Gun Depot... I blew threw them fast so now I'm shooting your standard Crossman Premier Wadcutters. I got them on Amazon.. I just ordered a auto-reset planking targets last night. Can't wait to try them out. After nearly 1500 rounds of fun I thought I'd have more fun and disassemble the gun for a good cleaning. Also.... I gots to know; how it works.. I'm just that way......... As far as pellets go, I wouldn't know one pellet from the next. :biglaugh: Any pointers on that subject?

Oh and the trap is reset but so far we just managed to catch a bunch of pesky chickens.

More good news! The neighbor next door just cut down that huge mango tree she had in the backyard. Do you know what this means!? More air space!! Nice!...

Attachments

• IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 2

Fly-n-Low

They make all kinds of pellets with different weight and configurations. Just target plinking wad cutters are fine.

Speaking of plinking, I bought one of these a while back. This one is kind of pricey, but you won't use any ammo and can shoot indoors.

Target: Amazon product
Gun: Amazon product

Rob Lancaster

Yeah I saw this stuff before.
I prefer led down range. Heck I'm get'n much better too. Now I can hit the side of a barn from the outside.. HA! LOL!!
I shot three 30 round clips today. I was pleased to see the gun performed great after I took it all apart for cleaning.. Very nice..

Tony

Staff member
8 core, 16 thread with a 2060 Max Q.... That lappy is more powerful than a lot of full desktop systems lol. Yea, it will definitely run sim sunday (if we bring it back, which I want to but time is not on my side anymore and tries to run me into the dirt every chance it gets hahahaa). Hell, that computer will run just about any game you want to play. If it's s demanding game, may need to prop it up so it can get better air flow. But hell yea, that is a nice computer.

Fly-n-Low

Yeah I saw this stuff before.
Don't discount it. It is great for training for the real stuff. I have had it for a month now, and just playing with it every other day, I can hit the target cowboy style from the hip, etc. Also been practicing shooting with both eyes open. I think about how much I have saved sending hundreds of 9MM rounds down range.

Rob Lancaster

Don't discount it. It is great for training for the real stuff. I have had it for a month now, and just playing with it every other day, I can hit the target cowboy style from the hip, etc. Also been practicing shooting with both eyes open. I think about how much I have saved sending hundreds of 9MM rounds down range.

Heck yeah, 9mm rounds ain't cheep, especially now days..

One thing I like about the laser setup (besides no ammo cost) is the fact that every shot has the same power. Were as with a CO2 pistol, the power drops off with every shot. And if you go nuts on the trigger, the gas in the cartridge gets really cold and this also can reduce the power. Still I love my Sig...

bigone5500

So I got the laptop and have run liftoff sim. It runs just fine on max settings. I have gotten pretty rusty at flying. I guess I need to install my RF sim now. Just need to find my USB cd drive. Come on sim sunday!

murankar

Staff member
Received my first ever real bedroom set. Finally getting my own home. Wow still can't beleive it.

Attachments

• 20210515_143435.jpg
    20210515_143435.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210515_143426.jpg
    20210515_143426.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom