What Did You Do Today???

Fly-n-Low

I wonder what a pair of these would set you back. I could imagine syncing the throttles! :hdbng:

Attachments

• hover board old.jpg
    hover board old.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 3

Tony

Staff member
Network issues are a nightmare sometimes. I have my router set to NOT automatically update, however they pushed the update through anyway, and it completely crashed my network. So bad in fact that whatever signal the router was putting out ended up freaking out my fish tank controller. During the time my router was freaking out, my fish tank was reporting it was at 142ºF!!!! My fish are still alive, so no, it did not heat up, it actually did the opposite.

Since the sensor was reporting wicked high, the heater never turned on. The tank fell from 80ºF to 71ºF. Once the system was back up and running (router), it still would not heat up because I have a fail safe that if the temp falls below 75ºF, then it turns the heater off as the temp falls below 75 if the sensor falls out of the water.

So yea, Thanks to Ubiquity (surprise!!!) pushing this update through to my UDM Pro, it almost destroyed a multi-thousand dollar, decade old saltwater tank..... I am NOT a happy camper right now.

Fly-n-Low

Holy cow!!! So your tank is okay? I have lights on mine controlled by a wifi, but everything else is manual. I had to get Ti heaters because the big Oscars would play rough with them. LOL!

Rob Lancaster

Ok talk'n about water, our little drought here in Kaneohe and all over the state is over. Its been raining on and off for days. Today we took 3.5 inches an hour with more in the forecast. Haleiwa on the north shore is waisted. They have been evacuating people for hours.. They have to go to shelters after loosing everything they own. Sucks to be them!! Here in Haiku we have awesome drainage thanks to the storm drains... It's the wind that scares the crap out of me.

As soon as the weather clears up I'm going to sharpen my shooting skills. I got a new toy a few days ago and can't wait to try'er out... Its a Sig Sauer P320. semi-auto .177 cal. with a 30 round belt fed magazine. I haven't picked up a gun in years so I can't wait to sample it... I love the laser sight. It should aid the visually impaired; like me, LOL.......

Attachments

• 2021-03-08_00-51-20.jpg
    2021-03-08_00-51-20.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about the site going down ya'll. My battery backup, the thing that is suppose to help the server stay running when the power flickers, decided to stop working and shut the server down. Once that happened, it reset my IP, which kept RCH from coming back up until I set a new IP. I promise, if I can find some time to work on the server, I will be setting up DDNS for it... Just need the time to do some research.... Again, sorry the site was down for a few hours.

Tony

Staff member
Holy cow!!! So your tank is okay? I have lights on mine controlled by a wifi, but everything else is manual. I had to get Ti heaters because the big Oscars would play rough with them. LOL!
Yea, the tank is fine for the most part. Thankfully it didn't get any colder than 72ºF (22.22ºC). Anything colder than that, then corals would start dying and under about 65F the fish would start dying. Well, some of them. Some are very hardy. But yes, everything back up and running, but still a little salty towards Ubiquity...

Tony

Staff member
Ok talk'n about water, our little drought here in Kaneohe and all over the state is over. Its been raining on and off for days. Today we took 3.5 inches an hour with more in the forecast. Haleiwa on the north shore is waisted. They have been evacuating people for hours.. They have to go to shelters after loosing everything they own. Sucks to be them!! Here in Haiku we have awesome drainage thanks to the storm drains... It's the wind that scares the crap out of me.

As soon as the weather clears up I'm going to sharpen my shooting skills. I got a new toy a few days ago and can't wait to try'er out... Its a Sig Sauer P320. semi-auto .177 cal. with a 30 round belt fed magazine. I haven't picked up a gun in years so I can't wait to sample it... I love the laser sight. It should aid the visually impaired; like me, LOL.......
Only thing I need to say about that pic is get your booger hook off that trigger unless you are ready to kill something. Other than that, have fun doing some plinking :D

Rob Lancaster

Only thing I need to say about that pic is get your booger hook off that trigger unless you are ready to kill something. Other than that, have fun doing some plinking

Oh those pesky geckos.

And booger hook,, I never heard that one before; HA LOL!!

Fly-n-Low

Cool air pistol! I had to go watch a video on youtube. I don't need anymore toys though... LOL!!! I have a Remington break over rifle with the nitro cylinder in .177. Has a BSA 3X9 scope. Oh, I have a gong in my back yard too. :hdbng:

Rob Lancaster

Hey a gong is a great idea. Bigger than the soda cans I'm shooting at.
Even with the laser sight, I suck! I have a major tremor in the right hand... Left hand not so bad but I'm right handed so I have a major problem. DOH!! I finally got to shoot the gun for the first time today, after days of rain and wind. More maybe on the way,, maybe?...

Anyway I had fun. But it shows I'm WAY out of practice. Must have been the years of fireworking development and other not so desirable factors that contributed to the deterioration of the shooting skills... LOL!!......

Just finished bolting a gun safe to the floor and she's all programmed up.. Nice!.....................

Tony

Staff member
Just takes practice to shoot with your off hand. Also, pay attention to your eyes. Are you right or left eye dominant? I'm right eye dominant, and right handed, so shooting right handed is easy. Left handed through, I have to cross the sights over to my left eye. If you are left eye dominant, then you may have a leg up there.

So for my update since it's been a while. This week has sucked major :moon:

Not getting into any details but lets just say this week sucked. And then today, my final day off for the week, I go to shoot the video for the goblin, going to do some testing and poof, one of the BK DS-3002HV servos lets the smoke out... FFS... So yea, the light at the end of the tunnel is a little hard to find this week. Hope yall's week is better..

Rob Lancaster

Just takes practice to shoot with your off hand. Also, pay attention to your eyes. Are you right or left eye dominant? I'm right eye dominant, and right handed, so shooting right handed is easy. Left handed through, I have to cross the sights over to my left eye. If you are left eye dominant, then you may have a leg up there.

Hi there Tony,
When you say " your off hand" you mean my left hand because I'm right handed; right?
Now onto my peepers.. I never gave it much thought about the right or left eye dominant thing. (I not sure at this point)... Take me through it my friend.. I need all the help I can get, lol...... Remember I have this dyslexic crap in my head; DOH!!

Tony

Staff member
Off hand is, in your case, your left hand. When we had to do firearm qualifying for the military department, we had to pass with off hand shooting. This is most prominent if you are behind a barricade (wall or some other kind of structure for defense), and you can only use your off hand to aim. IF you are right eye dominant, and you need to go to your left hand to fire your weapon, if you try to use your right eye, the bad guy is going to get an easy head shot since you have to cross over your head on the weapon.

If you train yourself to use the other eye (left eye for left hand, right eye for right hand), then you are a much smaller target. I did a lot of practice with my left eye, but still found if I was just standing looking at a target, I would still use my right eye with my left hand. But, behind a wall, I would always use my left eye to keep myself from exposing as much of myself.

Thankfully, I never had to use this training, but it's good training to fall back on when the fecal matter hits the aerial rotating device. I'm sure, even though I have been out of law enforcement for quite a few years now, that I would default back on my training. Which is why I think anyone that wants to carry a firearm should have to go through a training class and qualifying sessions at least once a year. I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment, but I do also think there are some that do not need to be carrying a firearm as they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from INSIDE the barn...

Fly-n-Low

I love practice. Sadly the price and availability of ammo ... well. That is good to drill off hand. I have one of these with the "cans" that roll over as if you were shooting cans. The trigger is pretty good as is the weight. Doesn't look like they make the cans anymore. I have one of the targets coming.

Laser Training | LaserLyte

Rob Lancaster

Thanks for the tips Tony. What kind of law enforcement were you in?? Were you in the military? I have a nephew in Army National Guard. I'm really proud of him.. Captain Chris-O-......... Had an older brother in the Air Force. He was a crew chief and worked on all kinds of fighter planes. My dad was in the army air-core and piloted 72 bombing missions over Burma with his B-25 Michell... As for you being a firm believer in the second amendment,, I am too. I love the NRA and all the good sport shooting action in the country. Dayna Louche,, could be teach me a thing or two, ha! LOL!!!!!

I did some more shooting today and did better. But not much better.. I need to setup a good target. One that I can recover the led too. Then I can sight in the laser better. As it is now, it hits right of the dot... Other than that I wish I could find a way to keep my hands steady. Man I got the shakes...

Hey guys another question: my Sig Sauer P320 .177 cal. does have a riffled barrel with a muzzle velocity of up too 430 fps... What is the best range I should set up the target at for a gun like this?

Yeah Paul, nice shooting!! That reminds me of my Ruger 10-22 .22 cal. riffle. Its a good gun but I don't care for the stock rotary magazines. They seem to jam to much... I haven't shot that gun in years.. I don't even know if we still have a gun range over here anymore.. One of the reasons why I love my new li'll planker. I can shoot in my backyard and train on a pistola that I need all the training in the world on.. lol!..

Happy shoot'n everybody................ Bang a Gong!!

Attachments

• IMG_2048.JPG
    IMG_2048.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 1

Rob Lancaster

Hi guy's!!
Still work'n on it... Good fun!
Get'n a little better.
Finally a few bullseyes!

I'm shoot'n about 45 feet now from the target. Was 50 plus.. 50 plus is to far. Especially for accuracy.
I finally scored 3 bullseyes!! Just call me Johnny To Bad..... Oh No,, OH, OH NO! OOOOOOO........

A few snaps...

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom