What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
This Off Topic thread is simple, post up what you did, or plan to do today! Lets get this thread hopping!!!

Since it's early for me today, I plan on editing up the video I shot yesterday on making servo extensions and if the wind will cooperate, get out and get the maiden flight done with the XFX 450. Right now though, I'm still editing up the forum trying to make it a little easier to navigate and search.

So post up what you are doing today or have done!!!

ChopDrifter

so much to do, so little time. I want to see if i can do a bit of the 450 today. I receive a couple of bags of Tie-D-Wire in the mail yesterday for the 450, hopefully I can get that on today. Here's hoping :D

Admiral

Friday, up early 5:00am, coffee & check FB & RC-Help, E-Mail Tony "Site Down", wife up breakfast & clean up as the wife off to do a small job for 2 hours. Check setup on 450L after it a TT failure caused a small crash, test fly the same all ready for flying tomorrow, do a bit of work on the JR Venture 50 that I'm restoring for display in my bar. Wife home coffee on patio, then some finishing work on the sewing cabinet that I've just built for her then shower and off to the Local (Pub) for lunch with friends. After lunch check over Chase 360 ready for flying and charge batteries ready for Saturday, Spa with wife then family visitors followed by quiet evening in front of TV followed by early night.

Retirement is a tough life no idea how I ever had time to go to work. :coffee::huepfenicon111:

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, that is fantastic Keith! And yes, sorry about the site going down. We played around with some permissions on the server, and it ended up blocking everyone! lol.

ChopDrifter

Welp I had plans to do some heli stuff today, that went down the drain, ended up doing backups and updates. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some heli time.

Tony

Staff member
This weather needs to make up its mind. One day perfect, the next day hot as hell, all with wind, no flying, no maiden of the XFX heli, ugh!!! I planned on yesterday being the day I put it in the air, nope, not in that gale. We are going to try today, but not quite holding my breath on that one lol. But we will see.

Admiral

Saturday, went flying and had a total disaster, we are not fly on our usual field because of some construction, taking a short cut to the field for my first flight I stepped over a low chain barrier and caught my foot on it down I went onto the concrete path DX9 on the lanyard around my neck and 450L in my right hand, the 450L came out unscathed, not so the DX9 or myself. DX9 photo attached, me two sore knees, one sore wrist and a vile headache.
Will contact HH agent in Australia Monday and get an estimate on repairs, meantime looking at 2nd hand DX9's to fill in.

DX9 Damage (Medium).jpg

Tony

Staff member
Damn bro, that really sucks. At least you are okay. I have had some of those falls like that which hurt me more than it hurt anything I had. As for repairs, other than the gimble stick, you should be able to order everything else off the internet. Those are just micro switches with 3 positions. Probably way cheaper than HH is going to quote you. No matter though, glad you are okay. Sucks that you didn't get to fly.

ChopDrifter

oh that's a nasty hit Admiral, hope you get well soon. The things we do, to search for the ideal flying field. I too have been looking for some recently, I found a couple but I would need a truck to get there lol all these nasty pot holes every where.

Airwolf250

Finished up some inside work on the house Thursday. Friday was shopping day. Wanted to go flying today. Of course it's raining. Sunday, Monday and pssibly Tuesday.
Should have went flying earlier in the week and started the indoor project today. I had a 230s, but it went to nest 40 feet up a 60 foot Maple June 12. I bought a used 230s
to fly untill I could get it back. October 1st a club member found it on the ground. High winds had blown it out of the Maple. All it needed was a good clean up and a new tail
rotor. Today, because of the rain, I have the time to dry fit it into a 250 size air wolf. I've been been working away at the prep work for a couple of years. It has retracts, lights
and rocket pod. The guns have to be made yet. All you get with the kit is plastic landing gear. IMG_0679.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
I'm working on it. There have been a couple members help out with it, and we just received a new supporter to Rc-Help that helps as well. still trying to get another couple hundred so I can get a better card that hopefully won't crap out on me lmao. I put them pretty hard.

Top Bottom