What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
I am in the process of creating a network spreadsheet for my home network. From 192.168.1.1 all the way to 192.168.1.255. Yes Matt, I know 255 is the broadcast and shouldn't be included especially since I didn't include 192.168.1.0..... lmao.

I have been meaning to do this for quite some time so that I can see what is in my list. I need to separate things out like my cameras, bridges, computers, tv's, phones and so on and put them in their own little 'chunk' of the network. When diagnosing, it just makes things a lot easier when you see an IP address and you know automatically, oh, that is a cell phone... So yea, fired up Excel and I'm inputting each and every one of them one at a time.

You never know just how much stuff you have on a network until you start writing it all down... I have made it to 192.168.1.6 lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and before Matt, Randy or any other network person out there sees this and replies, everything in my list either already has, or will have a static IP. I will NOT be keeping track of DHCP leases. I figure I can give about 30 spots for DHCP, that should be enough. If it's not, then whoever comes in last can just do without wifi hahaha.

Tony

Staff member
Working on my network setup a little more. It's time it had some organization to it rather than just using random IP's. It's going to take a while, but it will be worth it in the end.

Rob Lancaster

Ok,,, finally I got the wiring done for the water heater.. After the removal of that cheezie timer, with bad connections, it was a cinch to bring it up to code... Note: picture #1782 shows both the three weak power connections and a weak ground..

If you look closely at the yellow oval, you'll see that the three terminals can barely secure the 10 gauge wires that are required to carry more electrical currant to the heater than before. The center one is actually striped out so,,,, there's 220 volts at 30 amps there!! Are you kidding me!! I could modify it but we don't use it anymore so it's sianara babee, HA!

Now for the orange arrows.. This flex conduit elbow should be securely bolted to the box with a nut; a nut that was missing so it just hung low like old man Biden's balls, ha! LOL!!

Next; let's have a look at the grounds, (yellow arrows).. Look close again. The wire on the left is smaller than the one on the right. That means that the way Sears rigged it, (as shown) when the clamp is tightened the left wire can easily still come loose because it's a smaller gauge. You can again easily correct this but again we no need this POS timer!! One last thing about the three connections. This is only really splitting hairs but I wouldn't phase it that way. I would go black, white, white, black...……..

Photo #1789 shows my solution to the problem, simple yes...…..

Photo #1781 shows Hawaiian Electric's control module... Remember, I had to upgrade the input and the output of this box to ten gauge wire. Nicely done and seen at the bottom of the photo...

Photo# 1788 just keeps everything safer...…. Remember the copper spray!!!!!! Oh jeezo man! Nice flash though, HA!

Oh hey as I was writing this, I felt this tingling coming up my left leg. It was a li'll centipede. Say about 1.5 inches long.. OOOOh what a cute li'll centipede.. I put my hand down there and it crawls on my hand. It wasn't long before that SOB started to bite me! This little tiny bastard.. Oh man; it's Pearl Harbor for you babee,, FLUSH!! HA! You try to be nice...…….. Note to Rob,, tiny centipede can still put a bit a yah..... But it's really not that bad, just surprising something that small can still put out..

Time for a nice hot shower, he, he, heee.....

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Changed filters on my RO/DI setup today. Just the sediment filters. However, I let them go a little too long and my 5 micron carbon block is clogged up a bit so my pressure is only about 50psi. Not horrible, but I do need to change them. I can only spend so much time under that sink before the real pain starts to set in... I will change the carbon when I change the sediment filters again.

For now though, I need to order some new Anion resin for my 3 stage DI system, I'm almost out. My Cation and mixed resin are brand new lol. Poor Anion is doing all of the work after the RO system.

Rob Lancaster

Hey Tony, what's a RO/DI setup? Must be a water filtration system right?

Take it easy under that sink.. I don't envy you...…..
Mean while I'm under a hood. I'm overhauling my bro's power steering pump, replacing the distributor, radiator and thermostat. After I removed the radiator I found some minor rust that need to be removed. Also the top side of the front cross beam and motor mount needed to be treated as well..

All though Honda's bodies and frames are much better now, than they were in the past. Here in Hawaii if you going to keep the car for a long time, you must coat the heck out of it.. This Accord is a 1996 and I first coated it back in 2002. I like the 3M product for under coating. It stands up well here... Now about the paint. What paint? It's gone, LOL! The sun cooks the paint in 10 or so years if left out. The darn sun even bakes the wind shield.. After all that and more like faulty power locks and that dang leak in the trunk, we may be ready for a nice paint job...

Oh hey, Tom pulls up some card board from under the car and guess what's under it? Probably the mommy of the centipede that bit me a few days ago. This babee measures in at nearly six inches and has a real tude… Check out the two black needle sharp venom injectors on this hideous thing... Years ago Tom was bitten on the foot by a pede and almost lost his foot due to massive infection. That one was less than half the size of this one... This is what happens when they got rid of all my chickens... Now their going to be bigger and more of them. I hope it ain't me that get's tagged by one of these damn things for a forth time...

1792 and 1794 shows the badly rusted out front bumper brackets. If you look closely at 1792 you can see that two layers of structure has rusted away. This is a view of the bottom of the bracket.. I'll just bet the rear ones are just as bad. A new bracket is on the right and the thing at the top of the picture is the top AC condenser bracket that I restored as well... I love it!! I may be slow with my disability but I still got it, LOL...… :banana:

Attachments

• IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1792.JPG
    IMG_1792.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1794.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
Nasty little bugger right there.

As for the ro/di, yes, it is a water filter. We have a trace of hydrogen sulfide in our water, which is harmless, just smells a little bit and is not that attractive to drink. So we finter everything. Well, the drinking water is from the RO system. The DI system is for the aquarium. It strips the water of everything (rather, it changes some ions into hydrogen) so that we are putting nothing but H2O in our tanks. .

Tony

Staff member
No, it's a saltwater tank. We do not use super clean water in the fresh water tank, it needs some of the minerals that are in teh water. We shouldn't use RO water in there, but we do. Seems to be fine as long as the water change is not too large. Right now, my wife just put cichlid in the fresh water tank and put a piece of drift wood in there for them, and it has turned the water a bronze color..... Looks horrible, but is harmless to the fish.

Tony

Staff member
Yellow Tang, True Perc Clown Pair, 6 Line Wrasse, Bangaii Cardinalfish and I feel like I'm leaving something out. I had a lot more, but had some issues here a while back, and they died. Just don't have the money to replace them at this time.

Tony

Staff member
It's just a little 90 gallon reef tank with a custom 40 gallon sump that I built. Due to some issues I had with the refugium, it is running at about 15 gallons at this time. but still has the capacity to hold 40 gallons if I need it to.

Fly-n-Low

That centipede is nasty!!! I would hate to run into that. Worst thing we have is the velvet aunt. It is on up there in the pain index!

My friend had a salt water fish store. He plumbed all his tanks himself. Had a large back room with all kinds of scrubbers and stuff. He also serviced tanks at businesses and residents. I helped him a bit at one time. I think I'll stick to fresh! LOL!

Tony

Staff member
Technically, it is a velvet "ANT" lol. And it is a little sucker that stings like there is no tomorrow. The Fire Ant has nothing on this little dude!

So I thought I already explained this, but it was on my twitch stream, which you should totally watch!!! I will explain it again in text lol.

So the velvet ant is a red and black ant, about 3x the size of a normal fire ant. In my neck of the woods, they are called Cow Killers. And they LOVE to live in the Western Red Ceder. I was cutting some branches off the tree so that I could mow under it and one of them fell in my shirt and stung me pretty good. The pain is pretty good from those little buggers. Here is a picture of the little guy...

cow_killer.jpg

Top Bottom