What Did You Do Today???

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ha! Can you imagine those cheezie night vision binoculars with the laser laminator.. Nah,,, none would know your watching them,,,, until you switch on the laser... Now who's busted, the perp or you; LOL!!! HA!, HA!.... It's not even true IR and the laser is in the visible spectrum .. What a joke. The real setup cost 5 grand and still needs to be serviced from time to time... Yup you get what you pay for.

The wife got me last Christmas a Carson Aura Plus 2x/4x digital night vision monocular/camcorder that works very well at night :). It wasn't from as seen on TV. She got it from a survival site. It wasn't cheap but it sure wasn't 5 grand

Last edited:

leedude1

Put in a few flights yesterday...-4 and my hands still thawing .
I've got to try and get comfortable using the flight glove I purchaed or simply wait for spring.
Mind you I got some simulator moves attempted in real life so a silver lining can in fact be found, but my hands still hate me.

Tony

Staff member
We had one guy on here that had the Tx bag that you put your hands into and he put a small heater in there. I believe he was in Norway or somewhere where it is just wicked cold.

leedude1

Yeah that's what I'm talking about Tony. I got one but it just feels weird.
I just have to get used to it if I want to fly during the winter months outside.
Minus 4 is really not that cold as we drop into the -30'S at times. But my hands can't take it. I need to get in the van after every flight to warm em up, not pleasant. At least if I could not have the "shit, cant wait for this to end" while flying., then I could at least put in a few once in awhile when it's not bad like the other day.
Hey I'll practice indoors with the nano and the TX bag. The wife already thinks I'm nuts so this wont sway anything.:biggrin1:

Rob Lancaster

Yes, yes!! Happy new year everyone!
I had a literal blast last night.. All of my aerial devices performed as advertised.. I had a lot of help from the neighbors, they had a plenty of great aerials too!.. The weather was textbook perfect...

Rob Lancaster

Sorry buddy, the camera I have is a real POS at night...
So what, next year you coming over or what?? HA! Nothing beats the live action,,, ahhhh the smell of black powder and metals in the air...……..
We both are very impressed at what we learned over the years in the field of fireworks..

Rob Lancaster

Hey Tony, I didn't get any videos this year but I did managed to dig these up. Those are 3 inch shells and one has an ascent comet attached for the ride up... Also I believe the audio was not compressed so the video goes boom.. Turn it up to get more fun out of it.. .LOL! :beerchug:

Tony

Staff member
The first two were a little more high pitched than I figured it would be. The last video had the sound I was expecting.

Rob Lancaster

The first two were shot with an early model GoPro and had no compression on the mic. The last one was shot with a phone. The audio on the phone is compressed and there for the dynamic range is limited.. I love the comet on the way up... I love making quality fireworks, it's so fun! LOL!! :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
Backing up the server config getting it ready to move to my server here at the house. oh what fun. These files are MASSIVE!!!

Might go ahead and swap over from my Linksys router to the PFSense router while I'm doing this as well. Guess it's time to raise the electricity bill by leaving this server running all day, every day...

Tony

Staff member
Oh goodie, my server is only serving files at 70-75 Mbps. It is supposed to be gigabit, or 1000 Mbps, same as I have at my house. Just another reason to leave that server...

Brick

I spent most of last night charging batteries to go fly today. when I left the house it was like 58 degrees and a little breeze. by the time I got to the field, there was like a cold front on the way. It went from 58 degrees to 42 degrees with 25mph winds in like 30 minutes ? everyone was packing up to leave. I was kinda pissed for sure. now I gotta discharge 20 batts tomorrow …. Dang

Tony

Staff member
As long as you don't wait over a week, just save those batteries in a safe place and fly them when the wind calms down a bit.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Diffidently check them. 20 batteries is alot for them to go bad. I go with the 72 hrs stand by. Just to be on the safe.

Top Bottom