What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Not bad URI. As for your text, what file formats can you use? I will look for my logo. Speaking of that, what logo are you wanting?

Tony

Staff member
Installed my plotter software. Now I just need to remember where I put the long USB cable so I can connect it to my computer...

murankar

Staff member
Thank you for the like.

Any font that's not line art will cut just fine. The signatures and names did not cut her well. That's why they are omitted.

Format svg or png with no background works the best.

Just the standard one that's on the header. Rc help your rc information HQ.

I can only do single color for now. This is my first attempt at this stuff. Just want to make 3 rc shirts as a trial.

Tony

Staff member
Here you go URI. I put it into a zip folder with a png and psd formats in case you need to adjust it.

Attachments

• RCH Shirt Logo.zip
    55.6 KB · Views: 3

murankar

Staff member
Thank you again tony for the logos.

Today's attempt failed. I just waisted $20 on an experiment. Cricut brand HTV sucks unless you use all their products and follow the instructions to the letter. Oh and you have to Google their instructions because they are not printed and or included in with the product.

If anyone decides they want to attempt t-shirt making, stick with Siser HTV.

murankar

Staff member
Siser just works so far. 10 seconds of heat and done. I will say that results may be better if you wash prior to making the shirt.

This black shirt was unwashed and the vinyl stuck no issues. I didn't have to pre heat the cotton, or flip over the shirt.

What I am thinking of doing is buying another shirt and more silver vinyl. I want a total of 3 shirts.

Before it gets asked, no I can't sell the shirts. These are just for me so I can practice the process. I am enjoying the whole make my own stuff.

Tony

Staff member
One thing to keep in mind is there is different vinyl for different types of shirts. Make sure it matches. I have been bit in the ass by that before lol.

Tony

Staff member
It's not color, it's the fabric that is the issue. Cotton or Polyester or even a blend of the two. They make some that will adhere to cotton, some for poly and they will both adhere to a blend, but only to the percentage that is in the shirt.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I just found out that the HTV I got was for polyester / sweat wick sports wear materials. What sucks is that Cricut does not include and extra instructions or best use info with the product. The end user has to Google the info prior to using. At $16 a roll they should be including an insert with all the info on how to use.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, they should. That is yet another (that I didn't know about) reason why I purchased a larger plotter and everything rather than going their route.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, it is officially HOT AF OUTSIDE!!!! Holy crap. I'm glad my wife likes mowing the lawn lol. If it were up to me, I dont' think it would get mowed for a while lol.

RandyDSok

At least I got my butt moving ( this time ) before noon and got my lawn finished before it got real hot out... Temps were around 90° and had a good breeze going on still. I didn't trim the sidewalks and curbs this time... just a "quick" mow and called it good.

Top Bottom