What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Had to replace my Router, AGAIN! Just replaced it yesterday, and killed it in one day lol. Actually, only about 8 hours. Something went wrong and the 2.4 band started freaking out. 5 was fine, but the router would just randomly reboot or stop responding. So, no more Asus. Going back to my roots. Going back to Linksys! More specifically, the Linksys WRT3200ACT. If I don't like the factory firmware, I can install DD-WRT on it. It's already setup for it. I tried it before, I know why I didn't like this router, and the connection was not one of those reasons. I just pulled a speed test, and it's just slightly faster than the Asus. So there's that lol.

RandyDSok

You may now refer to me as your Greatness... :D

This morning at 10:30am, my niece had a baby boy making me a Great Uncle... :)

Tony

Staff member
So I'm supposed to buy a sound mixing board.... I have no idea which one to get.... Been looking all day. I'm probably never going to actually buy one..

RandyDSok

A mixer can help improve the quality of sound you get from your mic. Typically lower end mics sound much better but high end mics probably won't see as much improvement since they are pretty nice to start with. They also provide additional EQ for each input. Of course it's much easier to mix multiple inputs when those are being used.

I would probably wait an see how your subscriptions and follows end up doing before worrying about investing in equipment, at least at this early point in time since you made the latest changes. In short... there are pro's and cons and waiting a little won't hurt anything.

Tony

Staff member
Fun Fact: You can plug a USB plug into an esata port.... Doesn't work at all, but it will go in....

RandyDSok

Fun Fact: You can plug a USB plug into an esata port.... Doesn't work at all, but it will go in....

Computers are not like sex where sometimes... I repeat sometimes you can get away with sticking things were they don't belong.... LMAO

Tony

Staff member
Received new toys today. New toys and a severe lack of sleep are a horrible combination because you find every friggin flaw because you are just too tired to deal with it....

Tony

Staff member
Alright so things have happened to night, none of them that good. Well, kind of. Did a live stream tonight and had some money donated to the site for new audio gear. In a stupid decision, I quickly purchased an 'item' that I knew was great, but didn't think about HOW you have to use it. So I quickly canceled that purchase. Also, today I received my 4 port Intel NIC, so I installed it into my server in preparation of setting up a new router and guess what.... My server doesn't support IOMMU.... This means I can't assign that card to a VM. I can create the vm, but I can't put the NIC on it.

So now I'm torn. Do I purchase that 'item' but the one that I need/want? Or do I take that money and put it towards a new server so that I can setup my router... I have no idea what to do....

Rob Lancaster

Hummm,,, was that English, LOL! :wink:……… Little above my head, HA!

Still working on the 130S tail control, some progress...….. Hovers like a dream!
I got to check out your live streaming deal. Sorry I missed it tonight. Was working on a door frame. Trying to seal out the centipedes and cane spiders, the size of the palm of my hand. I've seen bigger! Yikes!! Anyway I failed because the second door assembly we got from Home Depot, is bent too!!! Maybe three times is a charm I don't know...

Tony

Staff member
So apparently I booked a first class, one way ticked on the fail train. NOTHING I have touched in the last 12 hours has worked. My hands are in the air, I'm done.

RandyDSok

Tony, In unrelated news that may be related....

Jayz2Cents was wanting to set up a FreeNAS server using a specific 10Gb NIC that a lot of folks liked. Him and Jerry ( aka Barneclease ) banged their head for hours on it only failing in all of their attempts. They switched to UnRaid and everything went like butter.

Perhaps look at a different direction ... ie a different software solution, VM or something ... just a thought from an ignorant fool who doesn't work in that field.

Tony

Staff member
I am in unraid, but no matter what I do, the CPU's in this server do not support IOMMU which I need since that is how you take a PCI card and dedicate it to a VM. I then tried to install it on an AMD computer, and it hangs while loading. I looked at the error code, and they say to use the i386 version, but there is not one available. And I'm not even getting into that damn switch... I give up for the rest of the day. Yes, I have been awake all night. Yes, I have to stay up all day. Yes, this day sucks.

murankar

Staff member
Since monday I have replaced 2 capacitors ; one on the furnace blower and one on the outside a.c. Unit, 2 acupuncture visits, carted the father in law around, painted my dads ceiling and tomorrow I will be doing patch work at his place.

Today's acupuncture visit has my back all kinds of sore. I went in all tense which makes for a painful visit. I tried to replace my back but I could not get it relaxed. Its still not feeling good. Normally I feel great after my visit. Just not today.

Top Bottom