What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Alfredo with Italian Sausage for us. I was going to do some fried Zucchini but again, too tired. And I LOVE fried zucchini...

Tony

Staff member
Man, you don't see many 6 jaw chucks anymore. It's usually 3 or 4. What's the runout on that chuck?

And fantastic job on the bearing end. Just enough of a ledge to keep the outer race off the shaft. Noice.

bigone5500

I'm not sure what the run out is. Probably a lot. This lathe is very old. Its a clausing brand. I would guess it's around 40 years old or older.

Tony

Staff member
If you flip those jaws around you can fit larger items, they just will not go through the machine. Either way, nice work.

Tony

Staff member
Looking at it closer, the radius is the wrong way to clamp properly if flipped. They are good to do an inside clamp though on say a piece of large pipe.

bigone5500

The threads of the jaws are in an arc shape. It's a good lathe but not for precision work. It's in need of TLC.

murankar

Staff member
I went and got a kick a$$ micro tool set. I had to replace the screen on my Moto E4 Plus (XT1775). Got the phone apart and went to remove the battery and I discovered a problem. I looked at my new screen and compared it to the one that is broke. Frakers on Amazon listed the screen as being for the XT1775 model and sent me the one for the XT1770-XT1771 models. So I went to assemble the phone and test the phone and now the screen is really hosed. So now I have no Phone. My HTC One M9 is shot for sure. Its getting hot just charging and it will not connect to cellular networks. Still not good.

Tony

Staff member
I would be contacting that seller immediately and get a new screen sent out. At least file with paypal and get your money back. I hate sellers like that.

RandyDSok

I would be contacting that seller immediately and get a new screen sent out. At least file with paypal and get your money back. I hate sellers like that.

He can probably go through Amazon and not have to deal with Paypal etc and still will be able to use it as a last resort ( if he used Paypal to pay instead of a DC, CC or direct withdrawl ). If it's fulfilled/sold through Amazon, he can usually get the return shipping for free even but that depends on the seller etc.

Tony

Staff member
Ah yea, I forgot amazon is pretty good about things like that. I don't use amazon much, had worse luck with them than I have with ebay so I stick with ebay. Usually cheaper on ebay as well. But I do shop around.

Tony

Staff member
Well, losing chickens to heat stroke. Guess we are just not going to do chickens anymore because I'm not building an insulated coop with air conditioning.... And they are too stupid to go outside into the shade and breeze....

RandyDSok

Ah yea, I forgot amazon is pretty good about things like that. I don't use amazon much, had worse luck with them than I have with ebay so I stick with ebay. Usually cheaper on ebay as well. But I do shop around.

For personal purchases... Amazon is my primary goto when I can't get it locally but I limit my purchases to those things that are fullfilled or sold by Amazon. Their lax return policies are just too good to pass up. Because of their return policies, they are also my secondary vendor for work for products that are new and I need to check out their quality before reselling them. My primary computer parts vendors also have prepaid returns when needed but only on unopened or DOA items so they aren't as lenient for testing out new products without it costing me a restock fee if the product isn't defective.

RandyDSok

Well, losing chickens to heat stroke. Guess we are just not going to do chickens anymore because I'm not building an insulated coop with air conditioning.... And they are too stupid to go outside into the shade and breeze....

Wow... and we haven't even hit the century marks yet

Tony

Staff member
Nope, Didn't lose a single one last year, have lost 4 this year. they always have water, they always have food and they are not sick. They are just too stupid to get out of the coop.

murankar

Staff member
I should but I may not. I just replaced with a new phone. Verizon had a "Free" phone offer. My finance and I did a family plan and I was able to get a new phone yet again. This one is the Asus Zenfone V.

Top Bottom