What Did You Do Today???

RandyDSok

Well here is another find I'm a bit excited to find.

While going through my pictures to update my personal website ( still )... I came across what I thought was just a nice shot of the Cresent Moon at sunset that I took back in March of 2013. I had made some smaller versions ( for web use etc ), but I hadn't done any processing that I could tell on it. Of course it wasn't a big surprise, other than the Cresent Moon, the sky was clear with a typical dark blue down to a rusty red dusk and no clouds to speak of... pretty but not particularly outstanding outside of the Moon itself.

Well, I liked the Moon a lot ( who doesn't like a nice Cresent Moon ) and then chose one that had a power pole and trees that I liked to frame it with ( they all had those, I just picked the one I liked the most from them ). So I proceeded with the post processing. When I finished, I thought I saw a star with a trail on it and was sort of cussing that even though star trails are a thing to be expected with most night shots. Then I noticed, it also had a "tail"... and I looked closer, the other stars had no trails on them ( nor tails ).

So I did some quick research... I expected that I'd just caught a meteorite by luck but wanted to make certain. Turns out.. it was Comet Panstarrs instead. This will be the 3rd comet I've caught a pic of. Now I'm wishing I went outside right after sunset to see if I could find Comet Leonard or not. With the cold snap we've got, it's a good chance at getting a shot of it.

To find the Comet in the pic ( it's not huge by any means )... find the power line that is just over the Moon and go to the left side just about the same distance that the Moon is from the right side.. and look under the power line.

Smiling Cresent and Comet Panstarrs_P3120056_2013-03-12_On1_wm.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh wow Randy. That's awesome! We couldn't see it from FLA because of cloud coverage. Thanks for sharing :). The wife loves it too.
BTW, when will you be able to get a picture of the little green men? I take the drone up when they have rocket launches down here. They have many sightings before, during and after a launch. I hope to capture one...one day lol. Merry Christmas to you and your family Randy :).

RandyDSok

BTW, when will you be able to get a picture of the little green men?

About that...

On Star Trek, I've seen there were also blue men... on the internet, they talk about the grays... and to complicate things, both of them also mention lizard people and others.... I will keep looking, but I have no idea what I'll find ... :heresyoursign:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
About that...

On Star Trek, I've seen there were also blue men... on the internet, they talk about the grays... and to complicate things, both of them also mention lizard people and others.... I will keep looking, but I have no idea what I'll find ... :heresyoursign:
My bad for being judgmental :eek1:

Fly-n-Low

Long as you aren't wearing a red shirt, you are good.. Other wise the red shirts always die... Unless you are Scotty... RIP!

Fly-n-Low

Yea but he fixed him!!! I watched that episode just the other day for the ??? time? Kirk was the "creator"!

Merry Christmas!!! :twothumbsup:

BTW I finally have my Waco ready to go! The last hurtle was to disable the brake on the motor/ESC... :help:

Rob Lancaster

Yea but he fixed him!!! I watched that episode just the other day for the ??? time? Kirk was the "creator"!

Merry Christmas!!! :twothumbsup:

BTW I finally have my Waco ready to go! The last hurtle was to disable the brake on the motor/ESC... :help:

And let's not forget the Doomsday Machine they aired recently. "They say there's no devil Jim, but I saw it! Right out of hell"!!.... (Will Windom)....
I think they did a good job on the remake. The visual effects were much better.

Anyway, happy new year all!!!!
And speaking of all, my titanium salute stash is ready. I couldn't resist testing a few. Wow I still got it, ha! LOL!!!

RandyDSok

Well... I'm happy to report that I'm done with the most of the work on updating my personal website. So it's been a long month of working on pics...

I've changed the sites theme and made 15 new pages for all of the pics... I removed the old versions of pics ( originally 437 of them ) and reworked from the original JPG or RAW photo and ended up uploading 502 making what the website has with higher resolution versions that are also cleaner looking without the noise the original ones had. I also culled out a lot of pics that I felt were redundant ( mostly the Moon pics and lightning pics ) as well as adding some newer pics that were never on the website previously. I still have a few additional tweaks like some internal links from their parent page to the child pages they contain... and perhaps a few other things I've considered.

I've got a lot of RC related pics besides all of the other subjects I've taken shots of over the years... in short, if it stood still too long, I probably took a pic of it... lol

If you wish to see what I did... my website is at CAPTURING MOMENTS IN TIME

Yank1454

Oh wow Randy. That's awesome! We couldn't see it from FLA because of cloud coverage. Thanks for sharing :). The wife loves it too.
BTW, when will you be able to get a picture of the little green men? I take the drone up when they have rocket launches down here. They have many sightings before, during and after a launch. I hope to capture one...one day lol. Merry Christmas to you and your family Randy :).
Howz-it, like to see ur drone pics. I recorded 6 minutes of unexplainable lights during super moon years ago in SC. On YouTube as not first time.

RandyDSok

Howz-it, like to see ur drone pics.

I don't do drones... I only fly airplanes ( which could be drones of course as can any ground, air or water vehicle can ) ... In fact, most of my friends fly either helis or planks and only have a couple with quads ( which I'm guessing you are calling drones but not all quads are drones ). A drone, is ANY vehicle that can stear, drive or fly on it's own accord without a user/pilot to control it.

Yank1454

Pretty much as I see them also.

Being old school, 4 prop is not a drone.
Guess I fly UAV's now,no matter,don't make as much noise lurking per say. Lol
Setting up for society collapse as a recon if needed. NOT CRAZY,JUST PREPPED.

Fly-n-Low

Ah... that is kind of "nit picking" far as a drone or UAV. Also quad... I have a quad and 2 hexes. The hex I guess would qualify as a drone and a UAV. It will fly itself, land itself, or you can do it. I like the return "home" switch!

I also have two planes with GPS with virtual fence and return home and auto land features, but don't really trust the auto land.

Yank1454

Ah... that is kind of "nit picking" far as a drone or UAV. Also quad... I have a quad and 2 hexes. The hex I guess would qualify as a drone and a UAV. It will fly itself, land itself, or you can do it. I like the return "home" switch!

I also have two planes with GPS with virtual fence and return home and auto land features, but don't really trust the auto land.
Never really understood hobbiest using autopilot.
The whole ideaism,to me,is building, tuning, personalising the craft to fly myself.
In saying that, being in electronics since High school,melding different components to act as 1 is interesting but costly if errored.

Fly-n-Low

Never really understood hobbiest using autopilot.
The whole ideaism,to me,is building, tuning, personalising the craft to fly myself.
In saying that, being in electronics since High school,melding different components to act as 1 is interesting but costly if errored.

Well, the Typhoon has a follow feature and several others. So you can "pocket" the TX and let it follow. Also if it is too far away, I have had mine 1/2 mile away.. And you can't see, it unless you are looking at the screen on the TX. I have a better video somewhere. I

Yank1454

I HEAR YA,OUTSTANDING.

I've been catching up on the long range options. I have trouble seeing tablet. Lol

I do see the advantages and probably will utilize the recent abilities for my planned compound build. A standard waypoint for recon will help PITBULLS deployment. Lol
Hard to steal running away.

Top Bottom