250 Trex 250 pro DFC build

Slobberdog

Well new esc programmed, wow that was simple.

Next to try it.

- - - Updated - - -

But first have to rebuild 130x prior to shipping to its new home,

Slobberdog

Well new ds95i servo on route, had a good deal from a uk on line supplier who just had some stock in, it was a toss up of whether to get that or the Turnigy 306g HV but decided on quality not cost,

xokia

Well new ds95i servo on route, had a good deal from a uk on line supplier who just had some stock in, it was a toss up of whether to get that or the Turnigy 306g HV but decided on quality not cost,
In this case you chose right. The 306G-HV is a cyclic servo the MKS95i is a tail servo. That tail from what I understand should be rock solid now.

Slobberdog

I hope so, as the heli feels lovely to fly, and so similar in feel to my 450, just feels better than the 130x due to proper fbl controller.

seen some posts with people using the 306g hv for the tail and having good reports on it, and the ds 480 from mks

xokia

I hope so, as the heli feels lovely to fly, and so similar in feel to my 450, just feels better than the 130x due to proper fbl controller.

seen some posts with people using the 306g hv for the tail and having good reports on it, and the ds 480 from mks
I liked how the 250 flew also I just really disliked the tail authority. I think once you solve that it has the ability to be an excellent heli. From what I know the 306G can be an ok tail servo better then what you have now. It's an imitation mks95 and I use them on my cyclic for my trex 450. They are excellent servos and high quality better then anything Align has. But for proper tail control you will want a real tail servo which is the mks95i

If you want to use the 306G I recommend swapping out the Align cyclic servos you have now. The 306G is really a fantastic servo.

Last edited:

Lee

Thats the perfect servo Kev,
I couldn't afford it for my Warp, so got a DS525M instead.

Slobberdog

Bird back in pieces to fit new Talon esc, and remove the tail servo and get ready for the beast of all tail servos, still can't believe how much I had to pay for it though, it better be worth it,

Everyone that's bought them that's had problems say it amazing, we will see,

murankar

Staff member
Trust me that's the best money can buy when it comes to servos. Be glad it was only one and not 4.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

Well got the servo in my hands and all I can say is wow, it's beautiful it just expels excellence, only thing I have as a concern is the servo arm hole is like 7mm and the manual calls for 4.5 guys what would you suggest, I know there's not a lot of clearance between the frames on this 250

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
What that is going to do is force you to lower your gain a little. You will not have as precise of movement out of the servo. I would try other arms to see if you have one that will work with teh correct spacing. ,

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, there is plenty of room for me to put another hole in, but people are using the nearest hole, what I am more concerned with is the space in the frames the arm that I got at the moment is tight

cml001

You can cut the arms down.. I had to change the tail servo arm on my 450 as the servo seats close to the left side inside the frame.. Throw up a pic so we can see.

Slobberdog

Going with drilling a new hole, @ approx 5mm, on another note the grips mod pre load kit arrived today, I am so impressed it came from the states and took only 3 days,

Slobberdog

Have fitted the servo, and it's wicked, it must be said, fast as hell. You give an input and it's there before you finish the input, it's all set up and working correctly, but needs tuning, have had a quick hover, and taken the gyro rate up by 20% but needs to go slightly higher, where I had a wicked wag going into IU 2 95% throttle now I have nothing and this test was before doing anything with the blade grips.

That leads me on to the next job.

Replaced one blade grip bearing and washer with the pre load kit and and dual bearings, it's taken most of the play up, so hoping that it will greatly help dial in this tail, just need to finish the job,

Slobberdog

Well guys I was dubious to try this tail grip mod, as thought it might just be wishful thinking, some say they have had good luck with it some say they it done nothing, but here's a short video showing a blade grip before the mod an a blade grip after the mod, the modded grip has a bit looser blade which I wanted and has far less grip movement, take a look and spot the un modded one,

Bare in mind this is a brand new heli, no wear as of yet the one grip is out of the box,

If anyone with a 250 want to try this mod the parts can be got from here, get in contact and ask him for a price list,

robrenz@frontiernet.net

Here is the video.......

[video=youtube_share;STMXZkS3W1M]http://youtu.be/STMXZkS3W1M[/video]

xokia

Well guys I was dubious to try this tail grip mod, as thought it might just be wishful thinking, some say they have had good luck with it some say they it done nothing, but here's a short video showing a blade grip before the mod an a blade grip after the mod, the modded grip has a bit looser blade which I wanted and has far less grip movement, take a look and spot the un modded one,
So from the research I have done that wobble causes some binding and there is a video around somewhere where someone put a force gauge on the linkage and it took quite a bit of force to move it. You actually have to do the tail mod correctly for it to work. The crush spacer is a crush once type deal. If you over crush it it useless. This is common on more then just heli's when I replaced the ring and pinion on my old blazers axle it had the same crush spacer concept to preload the bearings. So this is probably why you gets reports of it working and not working. People dont do it correctly. The after mod was done load on the linkage was down to nothing. Which the stock servo then works just fine. The reason for the MKS95I is it will over power the binding and isn't effected by it. So you have really over killed this repair but that tail should be rock solid now and you should have an awesome flying trex 250.

Slobberdog

Yeah xokia I hope so, it's his video that's got the force gauge and was after he done the mod and the Chinese weights

Top Bottom