250 Trex 250 pro DFC build

Slobberdog

Well the first photo should be of the bird in the box, so picked it up on way home from work,

image.jpg

Hopefully be able to get in the box later, only thing I managed was to get a couple of adaptor leads made up.

image.jpg

One to charge up a battery that I borrowed and the other so I can use one of my 450 3s batteries for the set up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well I have had a good evening with the kit, even though it's still a small kit it's a bit easier to work on than the 130x so I am happy,

Got the head assy stripped and thread locked nice and sweet,

image.jpg

Same done with the tail assy,

image.jpg

After I done these two I went on to the top frame, mounted the servos and then got my 450 out to play, well just to use a location in the 3gx to set my servo centres, took out one servo with zero sub trim and used that slot to set all the servo centres in the new servos, waiting for a sat receiver to come tomorrow to set up electrics that's why the 450 was the easiest way for me

So here is the top and bottom frame, virtually nowt to do on the bottom frame but put skids together,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Put the boom assy together after setting the bearing in place,

And here's a glimpse of where I got to today

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have to say once you know the Align DFC birds putting one together is simple, love it,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Thanks Dan, they are quite simple to put together mate, not like the old flybarred stuff.

Lol this one is gonna be had to sort the wiring out good little Idy biddy space.....

danhampson

The last full kit I put together was fly barred it took a while just for the head.

Good luck with wiring it does look tight.

Slobberdog

Anyways back to the build, it's finished,

I had to install the 3Gx unit, set it up, secure the wiring, and thread lock a few screws I left as I was moving things around while fiddling with the 3Gx and wiring,

But here's the finished bird,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All is set up including blade tracking, and it's ready for its maiden, hopefully tomorrow will be the night, not 100% as running on borrowed batteries, so might be a test hover as these borrowed batteries are a tad aged and puffed and well you get the point! and I have batteries on the way from the Netherlands.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lee

Nice Kev.
I still have the makings of an almost complete 250, in a box. I had contemplated building it this year.
Will be much later in the season though if i do.

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee,

Question I have is how do you do autos when the tail is driven direct from the motor, the motor stops so does the tail,

murankar

Staff member
My protos has a direct drive tail from the motor. The one way hub is in the motor pinion.

The warp has a non driven tail and it autos as long as you have a lot of forward speed. Lee or Gaba would have to explain how it works.

A 250 will not auto well. Not enough enough weight to keep the blades spinning. If you do manage to get it to auto you will need to land it quickly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Yeh Autos with a 250 are not going to end well.
450 is about the smallest you can auto with any kind of control.
As Matthias said, you need forward speed, or a good head wind.
On the Warp, this makes it weather vain,which holds the tail straight.
Theres no torque from the motor so it won't spin as it slows down.
You just don't have any control at the end, to turn the heli to point in a specific direction.

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee, not gonna try them with the 250 just wondered how it was done, its so much easier with my 500 than it is with my 450 so I don't think the 250 would be anything other than a brick to auto.

- - - Updated - - -

on another note I cant believe how quiet this little bird is compared to the 130x, :arms:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it will be much louder when I fly it, cos all I have done so far is spool it up for blade tracking

cn63bug

Looks sweet Kev. I've looked into getting a 250 for awhile now. I may have to go ahead and pick one up over the summer.

Slobberdog

Hope to get it in the air tonight but our usual hall is being used for exams so not sure if the other hall is available, the bird went together nice some small bits but not as bad as the 130x but smooth and quiet oh and it has proper servos lol, might be easier for me to see as it's a little bigger too,

Top Bottom