Trucks Tmaxx 2.5 'rebuild'

Tony

Staff member
No, that one in the link I posted was WAY expensive lmao. Hope this one works out for you. as for the servo, not quite as strong as the one I linked, but definitely faster. Hope it works out for you. I may be interested in these if it does lol. Use you as a Guinea Pig hahahahaha

bigone5500

I grew weary of the hex drivers I have so I picked up a set of DuBro ball end hex drivers. I think they are pretty comfortable in the hand. The only thing I am apprehensive about is the ball ends. At work I hate them because they can't handle the torque we put on them and they snap off. But for M3 screws, these should be ok...I hope.

Here are a couple photos of the servo and servo saver.

20180616_173600.jpg 20180616_173417.jpg 20180616_173430.jpg

Tony

Staff member
What's up pig boy, you find a piece of candy in your pocket? lmao

don't worry about those ball ends. They will not break off. They will however strip faster and could strip out the heads of the bolts faster. Less surface area you know... But, it looks like the entire shaft is an allen key so if you strip the ball out or it somehow does break off, then just grind it down a bit and you have a brand new straight allen driver. The balls are nice for those really tight areas where you can't get a driver in there straight.

And here is what i would do about that servo saver. Pull out the servo and install the kit. I think that kit is way more required than that servo. then try to find out what is interfering. If it is just barely hitting the bottom of the servo or something then I would use a Flap Servo. they are very thin, not that powerful or fast, but perfect for something like this. I do suspect it's the servo mount in the front that is going to be the issue. In that case all you have to do is find a way to brace up the front of the servo.

Or you can man up and put a forward only kit in it lmao. Makes you a better driver. You crash, you take the walk of shame lmao.

bigone5500

I think the issue is the point where the bell crank is attached. The new one has a larger diameter and will hit the servo body.

20180616_184002.jpg

bigone5500

I probably could have bought a good running one by now but what's the good in that when I have all this experience working on it?

bigone5500

The guy at hobby town told me yesterday that the break-in settings for the high speed needle is 4 turns out. The low is to be flush. That's what I have it at. It will try to start but absolutely not run. I wonder if I need to disassemble the carb and clean it out.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you take the bolt out of the inlet and take everything apart and blow it out. Once little piece of dirt can cause all kinds of issues. And look at the needles very closely for damage on the ends.

Top Bottom