Trucks Tmaxx 2.5 'rebuild'

bigone5500

I'm rebuilding the shocks on the front right now and there is a 3mm spacer in 3 of them. The one with the bent shaft didn't have it. Is the spacer absolutely necessary for proper operation?

Tony

Staff member
no, it just keeps the shock from extending as far. It's actually better to use a shock O-Ring inside the shock so it is not as hard of a jolt when the suspension unloads.

Tony

Staff member
You can. Just pay attention to how hard that E Clip on the shock shaft is banging into the shock body when it unloads.

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, I would just order or pick up some o-rings. One thing is for certain, you don't want them to be uneven. If one of the two shocks has a spacer and the other doesn't, it will put twice as much load on the one with the spacer rather than distributing it equally.

bigone5500

I need to order some new screws for the truck overall. Most of them are Philip's head and they are stripping out. I'll go with hex heads.

bigone5500

Today I spent time replacing the rear wheel bearings and replacing the oil in the shocks. I also started tinkering with the camber and toe. Something isnt right in the front though. I am leaning toward the servo saver being faulty. I also think I need to replace the steering servo with a stronger one.

Tony

Staff member
If you have that big white servo saver, they get a lot of slop in them pretty quickly. I never did like those servo savers.

Tony

Staff member
Well, here is where the classic equation comes into play. You can only select two of the three options

GOOD

STRONG

CHEAP

If it's good and strong, it won't be cheap

If it's Strong and Cheap, it won't be good

If it's Cheap and Good, it won't be strong...

Don't you just love this hobby lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I actually have never searched for a servo for the T-Maxx lol. I found the one below that is as strong as an Ox but not that fast at .18. But should do great in that truck. I would think anyway...

eBay

Top Bottom