THE RACE BEGINS ...HOBBY KING SHIPPING (CHINA) Vs Amain Hobbies USA

Tony

Staff member
I made a second order last night from amain and it will be here Thursday. Yup, second amain order after the hobbyking order, and they are both going to be here before HK's order lmao. What can you do but laugh :biglaugh:

BOKI

Hi Tony; I never deal with Hobby King unless I want to forget I ordered it & someday the order will show up ! Oh I remember I ordered that long time ago!

DAL2855

Banned
I got the mini tachometer I ordered from HK really fast! but now the standstill begins! 4 of my 5 other orders have shipped, but wouldn't you know it, the one with my HK550GT still has not shipped! This is the kind of treatment that drives customers away! Really good prices, but piss poor shipping? I think I'd rather go somewhere else and pay a little more so that I know it will arrive on time!

Westy

LEGEND
Well my 2 orders from HK have finally left country of origin one 9th july (BLUE TOOTH CONTROLLER) and 11th July (4.5 6s BAttery)

No sign of the AMAIN one.

DAL2855

Banned
My order from the International warehouse will probably arrive before the order from the US Warehouse! Man this really sucks! The order from the US Warehouse contains the helicopter kit that I ordered! I was hoping to have it by today, I ordered it last friday but no luck and according to the USPS website, it won't arrive until next thursday! This really sucks! I was really hoping to get started on this build today!

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the club. Speaking of helicopter, I have more editing to do on the video. ugh, I need a night off lol.

Derek

This doesn't have anything to do with Hobby King nor A Main Hobbies, but I placed a $45 order with Hobby Partz last Saturday night, probably close to 11pm. My order showed up at my door on Wednesday. That's pretty good!!!

Well my order should take just over a week, placed order last Sunday night, I should see it tomorrow or Tuesday.
Only small items, but none the less, came reasonably quickly.
Looking at trying their car esc and motor combination... although hard to argue with replacing the castle creation one I already have

Tony

Staff member
I have had good luck mostly with hobbypartz. Only one issue in the few years that I have been ordering from them. My biggest complaint about them is they are out of stock on EVERYTHING I NEED!!!!!! lol

Derek

Yeah, I've noticed that, too, Tony! They frequently have items listed on their site, but a lot of parts are out of stock. Frustrating!!!

Tony

Staff member
Oh the most frustrating thing is when they send you an email about a sale and you click on the email as soon as they send it and you get it, and the part is out of stock and has been out of stock for some time lol.

DAL2855

Banned
Well my 550 could possibly be here tomorrow! It's in Warrendale PA as of this morning! So it could very well get delivered tomorrow! Man I sure hope so! Then my other order from the international warehouse is in New York just out of customs so it should be here either tues or wed. It has my ESC Programming card, and the ZYX-S FBL controller for the 550 build and two new 450 canopies and the 550 canopy I ordered! This is going to be one awesome looking 550 when I get it built! And should fly pretty good too!

Westy

LEGEND
ITS OFFICIAL.... AMAIN HOBBIES WINS!

Amain delivery happened today. HobbyKing ... still in no where mans land!

GOOD ON THE AMAIN GUYS! WOOOO HOOOO .... got my PU gel for my Ikon and the CAP PAck!

So ... Hobbyking sux ;(

DAL2855

Banned
Hey Westy, do you happen to have a Skype account so I could link up with you when my YEP ESC arrives so that you could help me during the initial setup process? If you don't already have one, they are free to set one up and call between computers. Only would cost you if you wanted to call a landline phone. This will be my first time ever on programming an ESC and I want to get it setup correctly so that I don't have any issues with it or burn it up because I don't know what I'm doing.

Tony

Staff member
How is this going to help members learn how to set their ESC up if you do it in private? It's not.

DAL2855

Banned
He's got the video of it posted already Tony, but I've never actually programmed a new ESC and I do not feel comfortable just watching his video and attempting to go through the setup on my own. I would rather have someone actually talk me through the initial setup so that I don't screw things up. Now it could be videoed and uploaded after we are finished I do believe.

Top Bottom