THE RACE BEGINS ...HOBBY KING SHIPPING (CHINA) Vs Amain Hobbies USA

DAL2855

Banned
Well guys I placed a huge Hobby King order tonight! I finally decided against building the 700 bird and went with an HK550GT FBL TT. I got the Turnigy DLux 100a ESC, Zippy Flight Max 4000mah 6S batteries, 550mm Main Blades, A really nice canopy, all ordered from HK. And then went over and bought alot of stuff on ebay! Also ordered a couple 450 canopies too!

We'll see how long it takes to get here! About half my order was from the US Warehouse and the other from the International Warehouse. Had to actually place two different orders because of this!

Westy

LEGEND
nice! ..... the zippies ... are ok ... but all mine a puffed and getting tired now .... over 150 flights on them though.... and still going strong. Did you get 45c or the cheapest 25c

a Shame on the ESC ... you could have gone the YEP 100LV .... they are nice and good gov store mode.

Look forward to the build.

DAL2855

Banned
I got the 40C Westy! I was going to get the 25C but they weren't in stock!

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of flight times should I be seeing with this setup Westy?

Westy

LEGEND
good move .. the 40 will be better than the 25 for sure. I did have one faulty out of the box . test the voltage on each cell and if one is too far out. send it back.

I biffed my faulty one in the bin as I foolishly thought I could pull the voltage up on the lower cell. only got 10 or so flights on it and then it would only last 2 minutes and the ESC would sense a low voltage issue and shut down the heli.

DAL2855

Banned
Westy, I sent CS an email and asked if it would be possible to cancel the ESC and programmer, and get the YEP ESC and programmer.

DAL2855

Banned
That Turnigy DLUX ESC would be way to big to run on my 450 in a 3S configuration wouldn't it? Running the stock Align 450 motor?

Westy

LEGEND
Good Move!!!!!

I am running a YEP120 HV on my goblin 630 and my mate is buying a Goblin 500 and I have specced a YEP 100LV for his (with UBEC)

- - - Updated - - -

That Turnigy DLUX ESC would be way to big to run on my 450 in a 3S configuration wouldn't it? Running the stock Align 450 motor?

way to big.

DAL2855

Banned
Would that Turnigy ESC be too big though to run on the 450 Westy? I know it's capable of running in 3S configuration. Just don't wanna poof the motor or ESC because the ESC is too big!

Tony

Staff member
That esc is over double the size of what a 450 needs. The stock esc is only 35a. Only issue with running it is weight thiugh.

Westy

LEGEND
What kind of flight times should I be seeing with this setup Westy?

start at 5min and then see how many MAH you are loading into it, if you are putting over 3200 back in.... cut it back 30 secs. And retest

Also depends on your flying style. Remember, hovering takes 20% more power than forward flight.

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
I was just thinking since that Turnigy was so cheap, I could just go ahead and keep it, and order the YEP too!

- - - Updated - - -

Westy, they are only 4000mah batteries to begin with! So I couldn't put any more than that back into them right?

Westy

LEGEND
From what I hear the yep is really good. I have one on the way to test.

Good Score Tony. Which one did you get?

I also purchased the Castle CAp pack for the ESC to reduce the Ripple spikes that kill them if they are getting hammered. Funny thing is apparently ... running in GOV or GOV Store mode. lowers the load and keeps it a more consistant draw and max peak voltage is alot lower than running a curve on the throttle....

- - - Updated - - -

I was just thinking since that Turnigy was so cheap, I could just go ahead and keep it, and order the YEP too!

- - - Updated - - -

Westy, they are only 4000mah batteries to begin with! So I couldn't put any more than that back into them right?

Sorry ... away with the fairies was thinking of my poor 5000 one that I dumped (RIP).

So 3200 max recharge is 80%. no more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

That esc is over double the size of what a 450 needs. The stock esc is only 35a. Only issue with running it is weight thiugh.

And ... fitting it on the Heli will be an issue to! there is not a lot of spare real estate space on them there 450 helis.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah that's very true, but could just hang onto it for a possible future build or something or even just to have a spare for the 550 if I ever needed it!

DAL2855

Banned
So then, I guess I should just go ahead and keep the Turnigy to have a spare and buy the YEP ESC and programming card then right?

Top Bottom