The New RC-Help helicopter

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, did you happen to take any pictures of that Align heli at teh store? I/we would really like to see it. Servos are not a problem, you are the man with teh plan when it comes to finding deals.

Sam, that deal for $500 was for the Chaos Nitro heli. I would still need an engine though and I'm pretty sure everyone is set on flybarless but we can go with what it comes with if need be. That means the Chaos would come with all servos and gyro with a flybar head. I'm not sure if it comes with blades, but if it doesn't, that's another bill right there. NO, I'm not going with teh cheap ass 600 blades like I had before and had to sand down the root just to make them fit. That is what scared me so much that I only flew it once. I do not like sanding on blades.

You guys know I will keep you updated as to what amount we are at. At this time, we are at $50. We have a long way to go.

I think the wife and I have decided to not setup the tank anymore until the first of the year and we are trying to get some money together.

the thing that really sucks is Gaba and Jesse know of this heli for sale and seems like a great deal. I would like to get it, but I don't want to shoot the site in the foot with a quick purchase. On the other hand, I would hate to let something like this go if we have the chance to get it.

Gaba, get some pictures and see if you can get any background on it. I have a feeling the Chaos is going to be what we end up with. I don't want the chaos, but I will try it if that is what we have to do.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It looks like a great Heli. The video was of an electric though lol. Tony you know that for $500 we are not going to find a new fbl Heli. That's ok with me. Once it's up and running you can always do a conversion video and put a fbl head and gyro on. This should keep you busy doing videos for a while anyway! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
the helicopter choice is not up to me. It's up to the members unless we scrap this whole idea which is possible if we don't get enough donations. If we have to scrap it, everyone that has donated will receive a refund in full once the choice has been made. Just have to wait and see what happens.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I think after Friday you will start seeing the cash come in. It may take a couple of weeks for things to get rolling so don't be discouraged.

And this whole thing is for you so you do have a say in what you want to get!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I'm not discouraged, Not even close. The fact that there are members that are willing to do this still amazes me. And this is the RCH helicopter, not Tony's helicopter.

stokke

I agree with Sam, it's too soon to draw any conclusions just yet.

As I stated earlier; when people see that's money is coming in, they'll be more inclined to donate. The same goes for the goal; if we reach maybe 350-400 bucks, some members may be inclined to donate even more.

I'm sorry for bursting your bubble, but I don't think we should be in any kind of hurry, as I believe we should give it at least a month or so. Tony was in on a good point further up in the thread; he should contact local/online dealers to see if they might be willing to sponsor some of the price on a new heli. Tony would of course have to offer to do a build vid and promote the store in the vid as well to "sweeten" the deal.

Tony

Staff member
I think I come off in the wrong manner. As I have always said, there is no emotion in text.

murankar

Staff member
Let's see how this plays out. If our goal is met by Christmas then we might be able to get something on a holiday special. Personally I think the chaos might be the best option if we go new. I also think go fbl right off bat would be great, at the same time doing a conversion would be more educational.

Just a thought, ircha has a program that has special pricing on a gaui. Not sure bow this works, I saw it on their website. It is a call in and check on pricing deal since it's a good deal.

Last edited:

callsign4223

Staff member
This is my experience on sweet deals, don't worry if your not quick enough to get them. Someone else will post up another sweet deal in a few weeks. If that one that GABA is looking at is gone by the time all the money is in, then there will be another one out there just as good if not better.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
And believe me ... I am a deal hunter! I love hunting for deals. That's how I afford my hobby. Never!! have I paid full price for anything in either electronics or hardware... (Except for my 450's align spares).. If we miss this one. No hurry :) another awesome better deal will come! Ill keep looking :)

Also will post pics on here once I make a trip to get the pics

Last edited:

stokke

This is my experience on sweet deals, don't worry if your not quick enough to get them. Someone else will post up another sweet deal in a few weeks. If that one that GABA is looking at is gone by the time all the money is in, then there will be another one out there just as good if not better.

+1 :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Found a deal on a Align 600 Nitro Pro with all electronics everything RTF with alots of spares AND.. pump.. starter and all... for 600.. (asking price) .. could bargain around.. but just a heads up.. deal hunting is doable whenever we have a green light :D.. :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok... So I went and took some pics of the TREX 600 .. Its a Nitro Pro.. thing that "The guy" failed to mention is that it doesnt have a OS50SX.. its a freaking OS 55 HZ! The one I am running now on my Vibe. Just the engine itself is 300 bucks new! lol So.. this became a better deal still.. Believe me.. MAN!! I would love to drop some coin in that bird for myself.. lol... I liked what I saw. and it has a Curtis Youngblood MP5. 50 muffler on it.. Which is good.. Not the best for a 55 engine.. BUt definitely makes More than enough power for someone like me or tony.. here are the pics..

image-10.jpg
image-12.jpg
image-14.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-11.jpg

another fun mcpx deal I found.. lol.. just for fun..
image-13.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-10.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-14.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is a clean helicopter. Or from what I could see is a clean helicopter. We are up to $120 in donations so we still have a long way to go. Thanks for checking it out Gaba. Sadly I don't think it will be there when we are ready.

BOKI

How much do you have in your new trex 450 fund total! ? BOKIE I'll see if I can donate also!

Tony

Staff member
It's posted right above your post. It's also in big red letters in the very first post and will be updated every time we get a donation.

BOKI

This is BOKIe I have some more Private Pilot Items I'm trying to sell they are just sitting around because I can't afford to fly anymore! So I'll see if I can donate some of that money ! Put & add on the radio 6 hours later I sold some of my stuff! Keep the Wife Happy! if I keep the charge account paid up! Going to put another add on the raido! I'll let you know what happens if I sell a few more items! I have a Garmin 195 GPS Yoke hook up & computer usb data backup cables & batteries & charging unit wind shield antenna carring case! This is black & white not colored GPS ! Any way it will bring you pin point right on the runway! it has 8 sattlite to pin point your location! really nice GPS! If I sell it I'll donate the money to the new 450 helicopter! Im sure it will sell its like brand new not even dusty I keep it in a case! BOKIE 3:06 AM ILLINOIS TIME FRDAY THE BEST!

zenmetsu

Oops, completely forgot about this.

After selling the silver I ended up with 33.16 in my account; I had a buck something sitting in there already. I decided just to send the whole bit up to Tony.

Top Bottom