General SR120 questions??

murankar

Staff member
I just looked at rakon heli's website. They claim it is to prevent the frame from twisting, their CF and aluminum frame. That was the first time I went to their site is a few months now. Time for the upgraded fly bar maybe next month I will order it.

gravybird

does a little bit of tracking matter on the tail rotor blade? I know I've seen your input on tracking with the main blades tony, but just wondering if a tiny bit hurts on the tail rotor. The blades are really flimsy, and hard to get true again after a bump. I am really getting the hang of this thing:) mostly inside because it's always windy here in sw minnesota. I have a really long basement, like 70', so I'm going all the way down, turning around and coming back now with no crashes. Getting anxious to move up to collective pitch, but I know I have a ways to go.

Tony

Staff member
The only way I know of to track tail blades is to physically bend the blade. there are no other adjustments on the links. I have done it once, but I don't see it as a big deal. There really isn't enough weight there to matter, but if your like I am, you strive for perfection lmao.

murankar

Staff member
the only issue I have foreseen is the blades bending to much to the left. It is not that big a deal but is something to keep an eye on. They could at one point rub on the vertical fin or tail boom.

gravybird

Ok thanks guys. Ya I have tried bending them by hand, but like said its hard to get them straight again after being bent:)

Tony

Staff member
YEah, I would not worry too much about the tail. The head is where all of the rotating weight is and is the most important. NOW GO FLYING AND GET US SOME VIDEO!!!! :biggrin1:

gravybird

Oh my video is equivalent to a 5 year old riding on one training wheel bicycle for the first time:) Tony I accidentally slipped and landed in a hobby shop this morning and out of my control bought the mcpx v2:) wish me luck. Is it best to follow all the settings in the manual for dx61 DR expo, curves, and travel? I will now start lurking the mcpx threads:) oh boy what have I done.

Tony

Staff member
Don't you hate when that happens :biggrin1:

Dude, after the initial learning curve, you will love this thing! The thing has a sick sound to it over the msr or any other fixed pitch heli. It will want to tip to the left on takeoff, so either start out on a hard smooth surface (only when taking off!), or take off from a sidewalk. Don't do it on carpet, you will break things, ask how I know lmao. First take off was on carpet for me. It tipped over, hit the carpet, broke a link lmao. Oh yeah, order a LOT of links, you will need them.

Crashing in the grass will save most damage except the links. I have crashed mine more times than I care to admit, and it was only on a hard surface that I really broke things.

Yes, follow the instructions on setup exactly like in the manual. It's like a recipe, always follow the instructions to the letter on the first go of it. Then, after you know what it's going to do, you can start playing with things. But, if you put too much pitch in it, you will bog it down and the tail will blow out.

Other than that, have fun with it. It's one of the greatest little helicopters around.

gravybird

Ya today will definitely be an indoor flying day. 10 degrees with 20+ mph winds out of the north. Can't wait to fly it. 3 hour drive home from the hobby shop = batteries already charged:)

gravybird

So let me see if I got this right. On the 6i, I will name the mcpx as a new heli, and set all the values before I bind them for the first time right? Than shut it off, and proceed with the bind process?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, sounds correct to me. It's what I would do anyway. Wouldn't want a bird flying off with the wrong settings from the start lol.

Tony

Staff member
video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video... Video...

gravybird

Ok I get the subtle hint. I would say by tomorrow afternoon I will have a video worth posting. I guess I will move my mcpx questions over to my other mcpx thread:)

gravybird

well not a good day for me. The wind was only 5 mph this morning, 10 degrees. so I decided to take the 120 outside. Even that very light wind makes it hard to fly, and I destroyed the canopy with a faceplant into the ground, after a good amount of successful flying though:) I was alone, so no video. found a nice ball field my the new house behind a school. Anyway, on the way down to the basement, I dropped my dx61 on the ground, and broke the antenna on the hinge, got it superglued back together, but it is stuck in the 45 degree position.. Is the antenna able to be replaced by the owner?

Tony

Staff member
Well that really sux lol. The antenna on any 2.4ghz Tx's is supposed to NOT be pointing at the aircraft. there is a a dead spot right straight out from the tip like it was a gun. I fold my antenna over at a 90* angle and lay it either left or right. Mostly right. And it's easy to replace the plastic antenna part. As long as you didn't damage the wire, you should be fine with the way it is.

gravybird

from what I can tell, the wire is not damaged. Is there any kind of doohickeys, or thingamabobs inside the tx that could have been damaged from the shock of hitting the ground?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, just about every piece of electronics in there. but, general rule of thumb with electronics like that is anything under 100g of force will not result in damage. And if the antenna is the only thing that broke, you should be fine.

Top Bottom