Quad Sam's QAV500 build

wolfman76

YEAH!!! It is here WOOHOO!!! I ordered it on Nov. 26th it just got here this morning....

ForumRunner_20121207_123138.png

ForumRunner_20121207_122331.png

Man can't wait to get this thing hooked up and in the air.. I will also have GPS capability once i can afford it software is already installed 1 less worry plus i got the oled screen to be able to change settings at the field... As soon as i can get it all setup will be in-flight video via my dice cam already till i can afford a gopro3

ForumRunner_20121207_122331.png

ForumRunner_20121207_123138.png

wolfman76

have to solder up power wires on the power board bind rx and get motors connected correctly should be good had to 1 of my 3s pack couple days ago down to only 1 lipo for it now my other 2 7.4v lipo packs and my on big 22.2v lipo pack are all starting to puff too so will be down to only 1 pack soon this sucks...

Tasajara

I just painted my quad what do you guys think

View attachment 3359

I am finishing up the power board and re-solderingthe multiwii board

Looks good , but The front arms look to be a bit long.

Look at this Spider Quad, you can see that the arm size front and back will make a square.
The back arms will always be 1.5059 * the front arm size.
if front arms are 9" it would be 9" * 1.5059 = 13.55" or just 13.5"
31.JPG

Very nice looking Wii board...

31.JPG

Last edited:

wolfman76

Looks good , but The front arms look to be a bit long.

Look at this Spider Quad, you can see that the arm size front and back will make a square.
The back arms will always be 1.5059 * the front are size.
if front arms are 9" it would be 9" * 1.5059 = 13.55" or just 13.5"
View attachment 3688

Very nice looking Wii board...

are you talking to me craig???/

wolfman76

the back arms are 12" and fronts are 10" according to the calcu;ater for the backs to be 12" i have to cut the front to 8" would that be ok with 11" props???

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
This is for Lee.

You can see the red plugs are for power and the black servo plugs are the camera.
image.jpg image.jpg

Then I have one y harness done for the camera. I have to get parts for the power y harness. I'm not hooking them up together yet though. Till I get the wireless tx working. But I'm thinking that there is something wrong with the RX in the goggles!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh here is the y for the camera. image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lee

Ok if you remember i asked you how you are getting the 12V for the camera. Well the chinese TX you have provides 12V to the camera, but the Fatshark only puts out 5V. So if you are trying to power the camera from the Fatshark TX it won't work. I have a separate Voltage regulator to provided the 12V to the camera.
My power for the TX comes straight from the frame. The signal wire goes to the camera and the ground wire goes to the Voltage regulator. The camera ground wire and positive wire go to the Voltage regulator.
Not sure if this will help you or not.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just looked it up on the web sight. My camera dose require 12V to operate so I'm going to go make a harness and try it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Lee your the MAN!! You hit it on the head! I hooked up 12v to the camera direct and what do you know video! Lol. All is working has it should! Thanks a lot Lee. All that's left now is zipping up the wiring harness and I can go fly her next weekend! YE HA!

Top Bottom