Quad Sam's QAV500 build

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well tonight I started my build. I've got the ESC soldered on. It did not go well to say the least! LOL. After I was through soldering, I found out that I put them in backwards! I had to remove them and start from scratch! Good thing I have good soldering skills! Ha Ha, Ha Ha!!!!! I don't think it would have made A differance anyway! LOL. At least there in! Hear is A couple of pics. First one is when they were in backwards. Second one is after I fixed them!

0805121840.jpg0805122135.jpg

:evil::evil::evil:

0805121840.jpg

0805122135.jpg

Lee

So you decided not to cut the wires shorter? Are you going to run the wires through the grooves in the arms, or outside? If you run them inside, run the motor wires through to the escs not the other way around. The motor wires are just that bit too big to fit without the chance of squashing them and causing a potential short between them. Ask me how i know this LOL :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm going to run them through the grooves. the esc wires are not quite long enough to fit through the way I have it now. I can undoo the wire ties I have on them and make them longer if need be. Waiting for the motors to see what I have. So your saying I have to run the esc wire through the grooves then?

Lee

No its better to run the thinner motor wires through to the escs. I tried it the other way but its a very tight fit. I shortened both sets of esc wires to have no excess. They will only be used in this quad so not worried about the length.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
No its better to run the thinner motor wires through to the escs. I tried it the other way but its a very tight fit. I shortened both sets of esc wires to have no excess. They will only be used in this quad so not worried about the length.

Cool, Like I said motors supposed to be shipped today. I still haven't had any conformation on that yet. So has soon has I have them I can figure all that out! LOL.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So I just got the e mail a little while ago. Motors are on there way to me! Ha ha ha ha! If I'm lucky I'll have them saterday!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well I'll have my motors tomorrow. Too late to do anything this week. Next week I have A hydro plane race thAt I'm, An official to do so now it will bw two week before I gey anything done! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! I did how ever work on nher today for A bit. I've got yje basic wireing done except for the motors. Hear are A couple of pice!

0812121222.jpg0812121224.jpg

Notice the left side where I have A couple or extra power leads soldered in. Next to the frame is A 12v regulator for the FPV gear. Then I have two battery leads soldered in. I figered what the hey! LOL. I'm going to end up putting some red and green strip or rope lights on her for orientation. Thats what the other power lead is going to be for.

0812121222.jpg

0812121224.jpg

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi guys! Got my motors Monday. Yesterday I mounted them on the arms along with the landing feet! Lol ya they'er feet not gear! I should be home by 1 2 or so tomorrow afternoon. Then the fun begins! Going to program the esc. Wire in the motors get to cb mounted and the rx. Bind everything together. And get the motor directions set. Then slap her together. Can't wait to see her up and running. And yes this build will be finished soon. I'm thinking I'm going to can the piolet in the f7f and mount a camera there instead! What do you think fpv in the f7f! Ha ha ha ha

murankar

Staff member
Not use it as fpv. That's if I read the post right. Airplanes are nice but that quad would be better.

murankar

Staff member
my bad. I have a terrible sense of discovering a joke some of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

my bad. I have a terrible sense of discovering a joke some of the time.

Lee

I would love to get an FPV plane set up with full immersion. I've been watching a thread in another forum of a guy building a Eurofighter FPV He has the hands of the pilot in view and they move the stick and throttle as you move the radio sticks. The camera turns so you can look out the side windows as well.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Now that would be cool. Get some guns mounted and fire tracers defenatly way cool!! Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ps Lee you have to send me the link to that!

Keith

I would love to get an FPV plane set up with full immersion. I've been watching a thread in another forum of a guy building a Eurofighter FPV He has the hands of the pilot in view and they move the stick and throttle as you move the radio sticks. The camera turns so you can look out the side windows as well.

I saw one like that a while ago... It looked quite old so he has been doing it a long time... I was amazed at the detail... The moving camera should be quite easy now with a head tracker fixed to your goggles...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes but getting a swivel mount small enough to fit into the copit of the planet that's what I want to see! Lol

Top Bottom