Quad Sam's QAV500 build

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi guys! Well I got some work done on my QAV today. I mounted and lock tited my motors, braided all the wires, put wire wrap on all the wires, soldered in #1 and #2 motors to the esc and temporarily mounted the booms to the PDB! Worked on the clean board a little got the cb mounted and the rx and satilight mounted. Now I need 3 servo extensions to run between the cb and rx. Next weekend I'll solder the remaining two motors to the esc. Temporarily mount them. Bind the rx to the tx. Set the throdel throw. Then I can dry run the motors and adjust the motor direction. Put the rest of it together and see what happens. I'll get pics up next weekend no time to fire up the laptop to upload pics. You guys know I can't do it with my I pad. I also have been videoing the build so when I'm done I'll upload that! Lol well that's all for now. Got to run in to work!

Lee, how do I get the cg right? I set one of my bateries on the frame and it seamed like it will be way heavy in the back. Unless when I assemble the rest together it counters the weight of the battery! Lol

Last edited:

Lee

What did you have on the nose when you did that CG test? You need your go pro and fpv camera on there to balance it. If you want to fly it without the fpv camera at first, then leave the go pro in its housing to add enough weight to balance it.

Lee

Thats why it doesn't balance. Its not made to fly without the go pro and TX camera. Just got back from flying mine with the new Graupner props. Very nice and less vibes than the APCs at high speed. Still a little jello in 1080 at certain RPMs, but i haven't balanced the props yet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have a Dubro ballencer. Time to try it out! Lol bought it for balancing the f7f props. It should do a good job!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Well I've been quite bussy today. I've got quite alot done. The dirty sextion is wired and put together. The motors are sinked. and the clean sextion is comeing along! Hear are some pics!

It's Alive!
It's Alive-6.jpgIt's Alive-1.jpgIt's Alive-2.jpgIt's Alive-3.jpgIt's Alive-4.jpgIt's Alive-5.jpg

Dirty sextion!
Dirty Frame-1.jpg

Clean Sextion!
Top Clean Frame-1.jpgUnderside Clean Frame.jpg

All together!
QAV500-1.jpgQAV500-2.jpg

Now next week I decided to get the NAZA GPS unit! That will be fun!!!! Just ordered it. I should have it by Thursday!

It's Alive-6.jpg

It's Alive-1.jpg

It's Alive-2.jpg

It's Alive-3.jpg

It's Alive-4.jpg

It's Alive-5.jpg

Dirty Frame-1.jpg

Top Clean Frame-1.jpg

Underside Clean Frame.jpg

QAV500-1.jpg

QAV500-2.jpg

Lee

Looks good Sam. You'll have her airborne soon. Now you just need a new spell checker LOL :D Bussy??? Busy, Sextion???? Section, Sinked??? Synced, and Comeing?? Coming.

murankar

Staff member
If you have firefox do a right click on the text box and mouse over to languages and select your dictionary then make sure spell check is selected.

Tony

Staff member
There is a spell checker for IE that I use called Speckie. I would not look like I could spell worth a crap without it. lmao.

Tony

Staff member
With speckie, you will download it, then it will ask you to run it. Before this, you will have to shut down IE for it to install. Once it's done and you open IE, you will see a prompt to Enable an addon. Then you will have spell check. When you google "Speckie" there will be a red line under it's name on their logo, this is the same red line that is on all words that are not spelled correctly. Works great for me.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well my QAV500 is all together except for camera wiring. All thats left to do is program the NAZA and she is in the air! LOL I hope! Here is some pics. I hope its up to specks!!!! HA HA, HA HA!!

:evil::evil::evil:

NAZA-1.jpgNAZA-2.jpgNAZA-3.jpgNAZA-4.jpg

NAZA-1.jpg

NAZA-2.jpg

NAZA-3.jpg

NAZA-4.jpg

Tasajara

Looking good Sam... I like the GPS... I need to get one for my Naza.
I am building a New Spider quad from scratch. Making it 25% bigger than the one I am flying now.
I may just put my extra Naza on it so I can add the GPS. It would be great to be able to hit the RTH switch
and it come back to were you took off and hover if you get lost... LOL

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well Shes DONE!!! Man is she SWEET!!! I've got the FPV going. The picture is amazing out of my FPV camera! The NAZA is all set up. All I need is the nerve to take her up!! If its sunny out next weekend I'll maden her. It will bee LOS though for the first few flights! Well here she is in all her GLORY!!! She's HOT HOT HOT!!! LOL.

:evil::evil::evil:

:drools::drools::drools:

finished-1.jpgfinished-1.jpgfinished-3.jpgfinished-4.jpgfinished-5.jpgfinished-6.jpgfinished-7.jpgfinished-8.jpgfinished-9.jpgfinished-10.jpg

Can't wait to fly her!!!

:lol::dizzy::lol:

finished-1.jpg

finished-3.jpg

finished-4.jpg

finished-5.jpg

finished-6.jpg

finished-7.jpg

finished-8.jpg

finished-9.jpg

finished-10.jpg

Top Bottom