Quad Sam's QAV500 build

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well, Hear is my first video of my first battery on my QAV. More to come!

[video=youtube_share;jHuz1rayc1o]http://youtu.be/jHuz1rayc1o[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Those blades are annoying lol. I couldn't watch all of the videos or even all of one since I"m on my phone, but it looks really stable. Glad you are back in the air. Now send it down here so I can get back in the air again as well lmao.

And where is your rig? I didn't see it in the video.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Those blades are annoying lol. I couldn't watch all of the videos or even all of one since I"m on my phone, but it looks really stable. Glad you are back in the air. Now send it down here so I can get back in the air again as well lmao.

And where is your rig? I didn't see it in the video.

Ha ha I don't own a rig anymore! I'm a company driver ha ha. Much more profitable! He he ho ho. Lol.

Believe me Tony, if I could do it I would load every plane, heli, and truck I owned and I would come down there for two weeks and we could just just have a blast!!! Hell, you could teach me the right way to fly my helies!

Watch the last one when you get a chance. It's the best one!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, I forgot you were a company driver. My bad lol. I will watch that last one when I get home if I remember.

wolfman76

Sweet flying Sam man i got to get me a hero cam i guess my dice cam will have to work for now... Well all parts for my first quad are inbound even got the xrotor spider quad kit from blueskyrc.. Man i can't wait should be here this week. Only thing i will prob be waiting is last 2 esc's from exceed then i will be good to go... WOO HOO!!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sweet flying Sam man i got to get me a hero cam i guess my dice cam will have to work for now... Well all parts for my first quad are inbound even got the xrotor spider quad kit from blueskyrc.. Man i can't wait should be here this week. Only thing i will prob be waiting is last 2 esc's from exceed then i will be good to go... WOO HOO!!!

Sounds great! I hope your build goes smooth. I was very excited when I finally got her off the ground. It was fun. Now to get used to how she handles so I can do my first fpv flight!

wolfman76

Soon my friend soon i don't even know if the multiwii board can have a GPS function or ad-on... The bluetooth came in today so i can use my galaxy s2 to change settings at field

Last edited:

Lee

Very nice Sam, Looks like you got it set up pretty well. Mine has a slight yaw issue, i think due to a slightly bent arm. Now you just need to get the FPV gear on it. Loads of fun :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Very nice Sam, Looks like you got it set up pretty well. Mine has a slight yaw issue, i think due to a slightly bent arm. Now you just need to get the FPV gear on it. Loads of fun :)

Thanks Lee. It's been a long time coming fir sure! Lol

It's all mounted and tested out everything works. I just got to get a good handle on flying her. Might go outside in a bit and burn a battery or two. I've hoot a couple of hours before I go back to work.

wolfman76

I just painted my quad what do you guys think

ForumRunner_20121105_105623.png

I am finishing up the power board and re-solderingthe multiwii board

ForumRunner_20121105_105623.png

wolfman76

Have to redo the multiwii control board one of the solder joints got bridged so i had to desolder it and now resolder a new 1... big thing is just getting the time to finish

wolfman76

just found out the control board has left australia and is either in U.S. or on its way they said will prob take atleast 14 days or lil longer toget here do to holiday season hopefully less (fingers crossed) and then i will be for sure in business. Off topic i am installing TT in my upgraded HK500GT as we speak and hope to have her airborn in next day or vi deoh some video to boot so atleast sumthin will be flying until my quad is airborn...

Top Bottom