450 receiver

jake276

so i got it all build and just trying to wire it up and having a little trouble with wiring the receiver its an AR610 spectrum receiver and i have to plug in sensitivity and pitch, and the last two labels on here are gear and aux 1 if anyone can help me figure out which two go where would be awesome.

jake

Tony

Staff member
The gear is going to be your gyro gain. Usually a single wire. Aux1 goes to your pitch servo on the front left of the frame when looking at it from the rear.

jake276

thank you tony, now i am having troubles with the speed controller..... i have to saulder a dean's plug onto it because it came blank and i can't seem to do it for the life of me and plus i hope i didn't ruin it because when i tried plugging it in it sparked and i fully got it in and nothing happened.....

jake276

yes that worked out great i got it thanks tony, but nothing is turning on still when i plug the battery in, I have all the wires plugged in hopefully where it is all correct, but nothing is turning on, and this is what it looks like with the canopy on20150409_013244.jpg

20150409_013244.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Get a volt meter and check the wires on teh ESC side of the plug. If you have power there, check it where it goes into the ESC. If you have power there, check and see if you have about 5v on the red and black servo wires going into the Rx. If you have power there, then check and make sure your polarity is correct. I'm not sure what gyro/rx setup you are running.

jake276

ok, so i feel kind of silly but i haven't bound anything yet, might be my problem, but i am not sure how, I bound my receiver to to my controller without the 3GX and it powered on fine and bound fine but i forgot the 3GX and i am a little confused on how too, I have an AR610 spectrum receiver and am just looking at this confused.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, what you need to do is connect the Rx to the gyro as you normally would. I suspect you have already done this. If you wnat to use telemetry, then plug the telemetry module into the batt/bind port. Push the bind button on the side of the TM1000 and plug in the battery. Might require up to 4 hands lol. Once you plug in your battery, the Rx should be flashing rapidly. Bind as usual. This should power up the 3GX once the Rx is bound. If it's not, check all of your wires on teh gyro and make sure the polarity is correct.

jake276

I am sorry for all the noobish questions but i finally got it running :D!! but now is there any of your videos you can recommend me to help me set up everything, cause i am not sure where to start, if i need to set up my swash plate or my controller or if i set up the 3GX first or what, i did a little in the controller where i have the swash moving in all the directions that it needs to be moving like collective all go up and pitch and such all go where they need to, they don't move much but they move correctly just need to know where to go from there any help would be awesome and thank you so much tony for the earlier help!!

madnutter

Hi I have a acme condor buggy 1-10 and wondered if I could install a slide carb instead of rotary carb and how do I go about fitting

murankar

Staff member
Madnutter;
Sounds like this needs its own thread in the ground pounders section.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
I am sorry for all the noobish questions but i finally got it running :D!! but now is there any of your videos you can recommend me to help me set up everything, cause i am not sure where to start, if i need to set up my swash plate or my controller or if i set up the 3GX first or what, i did a little in the controller where i have the swash moving in all the directions that it needs to be moving like collective all go up and pitch and such all go where they need to, they don't move much but they move correctly just need to know where to go from there any help would be awesome and thank you so much tony for the earlier help!!

Here are 5 videos on setting up the 3GX.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLabJwbJaz4Qvmi9pSQwSsfbvqK9OxN6MI

And here is the flybarless head setup if you need help with that. This is a quick video but shows the basic setup. If you need more help with something that I didn't show, post up and ask.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thUQc9jSQBc

trainrider06

Uh i have a question for jake276....is this your first CP heli? That heli might be a little over your head if your just starting out.
That is a very powerful and possibly dangerous one to body and property if your not experienced with CP's.
I along with everyone else on here would hate to see you get discouraged with the hobby right off, because of getting one thats a little too advanced for a new flyer....if its just that your not really familiar with setups and builds of em and can fly the crap outta em, then continue on with any questions and do not feel stupid for asking...we've all been there and we all get in that place on new things with these helis as they continue to advance.....If your really new at heli's then I'd suggest you either get a sim and or a smaller cheaper heli to practice with and just set that one aside for now....
Or just tell me to mind my own business LOL Just from the questions your asking it sounds like you might be pretty new at this is all.

jake276

well, i feel confident enough in flying it cause i flew a lot smaller stuff as a kid like little RC stuff but nothing like this where i had to set it up and such and never had a transmitter like these either so i guess you could say i am a beginner when it comes to not ready to fly stuff and speaking of which i have another question, which is i went to fly it today because it was totally perfect out except for the lack of sun but there was no wind at all, and i am not sure if i missed something or what but the motor didn't turn at all....i didn't have the throttle hold on..i checked xD but yeah totally clueless on what could be the problem the 3gx sounded like it did some beeps which were 1 followed by another 2 repeated a couple times and then did 3 beeps and stopped and i could move everything else, oh and i fly some planes but little glider planes and real planes xD like the ones you sit in and fly xD but i just turned everything way down that tony had advised in all his beginner videos on the flight setup, but still clueless on the question i asked earlier

- - - Updated - - -

oh and don't worry about me leaving this hobby, i enjoyed the build and I am looking so forward to the flying part of it too and all the struggles i am having and learning along the way, i plan to take it very slow as much as i can xD and if i crash i promise i won't get discouraged because it gives me a reason to build it again xD and spend money and not give it to my wife :p

murankar

Staff member
ESC might need calibrated.

You should remove the main blades for this. Your throttle curve should be linear, 0 25 50 75 100.

Turn on radio
Go to full collective
Plug in heli
Wait for series of beeps
Lower to min collective
Wait for a series of beeps
All set ready to fly.

Depending on the esc this is all that should need to be done. On Castle escs you may have to adjust endpoints until you get the tones. When you go full throttle and plug in the heli if you don't get the beeps then adjust you high stick through endpoint, increase it, same with low stick if you don't get the tones then increase the endpoint till you get the tone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

jake276

i just tried that and it didn't seem to make any difference it still did the 1 beep followed by 2 beeps and then again and did the 3 beeps and nothing happens still, i am using a Dx6 spectrum.

trainrider06

well, i feel confident enough in flying it cause i flew a lot smaller stuff as a kid like little RC stuff but nothing like this where i had to set it up and such and never had a transmitter like these either so i guess you could say i am a beginner when it comes to not ready to fly stuff and speaking of which i have another question, which is i went to fly it today because it was totally perfect out except for the lack of sun but there was no wind at all, and i am not sure if i missed something or what but the motor didn't turn at all....i didn't have the throttle hold on..i checked xD but yeah totally clueless on what could be the problem the 3gx sounded like it did some beeps which were 1 followed by another 2 repeated a couple times and then did 3 beeps and stopped and i could move everything else, oh and i fly some planes but little glider planes and real planes xD like the ones you sit in and fly xD but i just turned everything way down that tony had advised in all his beginner videos on the flight setup, but still clueless on the question i asked earlier

- - - Updated - - -

oh and don't worry about me leaving this hobby, i enjoyed the build and I am looking so forward to the flying part of it too and all the struggles i am having and learning along the way, i plan to take it very slow as much as i can xD and if i crash i promise i won't get discouraged because it gives me a reason to build it again xD and spend money and not give it to my wife :p
Ok man good deal, I totally understand the questions about setup, that 3GX setup I have not a clue to that system! So
I'd be right along with ya asking about it.
Glad to hear it's just setup stuff, because so many go out and spend all that money on brand new stuff without a clue as to
how to fly the things, and give up on em after crashing the crap outta them.
I sure hope I didn't offend you either, was really just looking out for ya.

As for the throttle problem, did you get a program card or the USB dongle thingy to program it?
It's got to be a program issue as Murankar said....
That's a bummer to have the perfect day and the dang thing don't work too!
You'll get it, lots of good people to help on here!

Top Bottom