450 receiver

trainrider06

Ok, am really sorry, I am really getting to the end of what I think I might be able to help with here...
I am kinda wondering though in the one setting where you said it was 0 all across wonder if you just set em all to 100, then tried the tail to see if it would move...
The only other thing I would suggest is go though the radio and make sure anything that says tail is 100.
I know once Tony or one of the other guys get on here they will probably know what it is though....

jake276

i will check it out, and try and see if it changes it hopefully it does and if you can't help its no problem definitely the thought that counts :)

jake276

right now i am not a fan of it but i think it could just be my own stupidity that i just can't seem to wrap my head around and probably another wiring thing.... probably just watch i will post on here and be like i had wires switched around....

trainrider06

I doubt it to be that because it wouldn't work in setup.
It just seems to me that there is a travel adjustment somewhere that's either inhibited or something along those lines...

Tony

Staff member
If you are set on a 0 gain, then it's not going to move. I believe the DX6 has -100 to +100 on the gain, and if so, 0 is like there is no gyro at all. You need to set position 0 to about 45% which is where I start all gyros for the initial testing. Position 1, set to 0 so you have a way to check center, or you can set a negative number. And position 2, set to a rate mode setting. Use 2 to set teh drift in the air by adjusting the linkage rod for a perfect tail.

Sorry for the delay in replying, been quite busy here lately.

jake276

no problem at all, and i will see if that works "cross fingers" i noticed my pitch was barely moving but the ail elevator move great, not sure what is up with that, and i also noticed while playing with it, that my rudder was moving right but not left to stick inputs out of no where.... it was working earlier

Tony

Staff member
The pitch (or collective) may be because of the swash menu. Go into the menu on your Tx and see where the Pitch setting is at. It should be at least 60 in most cases.

as for the rudder, I'm not sure what could have done that. Might have to go through the rudder setup again. But first, make sure your travels in your servo setup menu on the Tx are all set to 100%

jake276

yeah i will go through it again, i will be taking all this advice and doing it all tomorrow except the radio stuff that is easy, but just tired from work, but really wanted a bunch of options

also all the travels are at 100%

trainrider06

Ahh! Thanks Tony for helpin this poor feller out, I was at a loss but figured it was something with settings
in the radio. Am sure this will get ya on your way jake276!

jake276

well i figured out what was wrong with the pit.... :'( i apparently broke more then i thought over half the range in the servo is just gone :'( but oh well i fixed my tail problem thank you so much tony! :D and yeah i did need to go through the set up again to set the end points for it to get all the stick inputs

jake276

more like now i need to wait for the parts i broke xD but!!! i am determined to get this heli in the air!!!! with a video for tony cause we all like videos :p

Top Bottom