450 receiver

leedude1

3gx version 3.1 or new V5.0 Is there an opinion on which is a better option for the 450l run on a dx6? No hard 3D for me.

trainrider06

going to re ask this question "i have a question when i was going over everything i noticed that my rudder no longer adjusts for when the tail moves in certain directions, i re did the rudder set up and it worked fine while i was setting it up but when i came out of the set up it just stopped working, and am not sure why :'( because i know it will just spin in the air if i don't fix this :'("
That it will, but not sure how to fix it....could it be how you exit the program after doing the tail? Sounds like it didn't save your settings for some reason...

jake276

when i exit the program just normally it goes through the program on the heli and then it re initializes, i feel i may have to do it on the computer if that is possible? and i learned this lesson the hard way :'( when i tried to fly it and it caught something and fell over and stripped a ball link which i had extras and i ordered replacement parts cause i chipped the blades a little at the ends I am not sure if i should replace them or not either but other then that it is fine other then my tail issue :'(

Tony

Staff member
I'm not quite clear on what your rudder issue is. Can you post a video on what it's doing?

jake276

I don't particularly want to upload this to facebook or something but i did hopefully i can send it if not is there any other way to show the video?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, any other way i can send this to you?

Tony

Staff member
You need to upload it to youtube or vimeo, a video sharing site, then post the link here on the forum.

jake276

[video=vimeo;125201028]https://vimeo.com/125201028[/video]

There is the video of what it is doing / not doing hope this helps

jake276

i linked it, i can see the video o_O

- - - Updated - - -

[video=vimeo;125201028]https://vimeo.com/125201028[/video] maybe this will work?

jake276

no i out it in through vimeo, i will try with youtube, give me a sec

- - - Updated - - -

[video]https://youtu.be/1fpgzFAgf9E[/video] here it is on youtube hopefully this works if not this is the link i was givin https://youtu.be/1fpgzFAgf9E

trainrider06

It looks like something's reversed on tail settings if I was looking at that right that is...
Oh I see, the tail blades do not move when you move it from side to side, correct?

Last edited:

trainrider06

In the setup it works correctly? Did you have the switch set to Headholding? I don't know anything about that 3GX setup but I imagine there are similarities it's gotta be something in the setup that was missed I'm figuring...one of those slap your head ones and ya say " I thought I did that or how did I miss that" lol

You know thinking about it I bet it's a setting in the radio...something to do with tail that's inhibited...

Last edited:

jake276

yeah when i go through the set up it works great, and there is a "headholding" switch!!!! and i will check my radio there might be something but i don't think i did it intentionally if i did i am going to face palm

trainrider06

yeah when i go through the set up it works great, and there is a "headholding" switch!!!! and i will check my radio there might be something but i don't think i did it intentionally if i did i am going to face palm

I am not sure if that affects it or not, it's a shot in the dark, but it'll say gyro I think, should be set to 0
There may be some settings in the radio too that could affect it, because it's acting normal in setup.
It's gotta be something that's switched on or off, or set wrong, because once you get out off program it's setting itself up back to whatever is doing this. At least that's my best guestamate

jake276

i went through my radio and i didn't find anything like a "headholding" switch and i found a setting that was tail and it was set as inhibit, but when i turned it on there was a straight line that was set all at 0 and did nothing when i moved it side to side

trainrider06

It'll say "gear" the switch I mean...there may be something to that setting that was 0.
I wouldn't fiddle with it yet...what about gyro, or gear settings in your radio? What are they set at?
Oh does the tail respond at all to stick input?

Top Bottom