Quad Quad copter build

Lee

Today i cut out the frames with the help of my friend Lars. Actually he did all the hard work with the CNC machine while i watched :D
I did have to sand them all down to get all the edges nice and smooth. They are made from 4mm plywood. After I get everything flying the way i want, I will change the wood for carbon frames.
Here they are. The frame have the option to use as a Quad or an Octocopter.

attachment.php

The arms are made from the aluminium tubing in the picture. They are quite heavy, so i will be drilling holes in them to reduce the weight.

Photo on 2011-09-24 at 22.03.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looks good lee! Have you seen the cinestar 6 yet? Ausome to say the least! Lol. Do a search on it threw yahoo or whatever. You will be impressed.

Keith

When you finish that one Lee I have found another one you could have a go at :-}

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
If all of those guys would pull their shirts down, they would all read "I'm With Stupid" hahaha. There is no way I would be in that thing. If a blade comes flying off, it's no feets for him.

Lee

Wow thats a great idea. Not the ideal place to test, surrounded by houses and a pool table!!!!

Keith

I think the pool table was a safety device to help hold it down... Definitely need ear protectors, and a roll cage for the F.O.D..... (Flip of Death)

Lee

Arms are finished. Will be buying the motors and ESC's tomorrow.
Arms were 67g before i put the holes in them. Now they are 53g. Could still shave some more weight off, but they'll do fore now.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Photo on 2011-09-28 at 23.03.jpg

Photo on 2011-09-28 at 23.03 #2.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looks like you may have room for more holes but I do not know if it's worth a few grams to drill them lol. Anyways great job Lee! Gives me some ideas too! I've got to go shopping for some aluminum for the f7f. I'll see. What I can find around hear.

Lee

Motors and ESCs on. Making the power distribution board now. Couldn't find a piece of circuit board so i'm making my own from a flattened piece of copper pipe :D
attachment.php

Photo on 2011-10-02 at 13.41.jpg

Top Bottom