Quad Quad copter build

zapster

looking good Lee,i can see the quad is going to be really sharp. keep the pics coming and cant wait to see it fly!!!

Keith

I use a spider power system on mine Lee... It's the easiest way I found.... If you need more power supplies just run extra off for camera etc.....

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

Lee

I did that on the tricopter Keith. Trying to make things a little neater.
Have you flown that quad Keith? Haven't seen any video of it?

Keith

Have you flown that quad Keith? Haven't seen any video of it?

Not properly yet.... Managed to flip it once, broke a couple of props... All fixed now but the weather has been terrible... Also I have been messing with my radio gear... Installed USB port on my 9x and been flashing different firmware to it... And have just installed the FrSky 2.4Ghz DIY module giving me a lot more range and failsafe... Trying to learn how to program it now... This new firmware lets you put any function on any channel... Has more or less unlimited mixes... And you can have 5 point curves or 9 point... It doubles the model memory to 16... I got three of them now, well at $38 each $62 delivered, thats for eight channels, you can't go wrong...

Keith

Well Lee, The first one was to practice on, the second one was to properly install all the upgrades and the third was to sell on ebay to get my money back on all threee...Hehehe....

Lee

Power distribution board is finished.
attachment.php

attachment.php

100_2388.jpg

100_2392.jpg

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
It does look good Lee. If I may suggest something which would have made it a lot easier ... instead of making an "X" in the middle (splitting into four sections), you should just make a slash ("/") so as to have two sides to it. Attach the neg to one side and pos to the other. What this would get you is not having to make the jumpers across the center and it would look just as good. You'd have to cut small areas around your screws so as to not have connectivity there. Just a thought.

Lee

It does look good Lee. If I may suggest something which would have made it a lot easier ... instead of making an "X" in the middle (splitting into four sections), you should just make a slash ("/") so as to have two sides to it. Attach the neg to one side and pos to the other. What this would get you is not having to make the jumpers across the center and it would look just as good. You'd have to cut small areas around your screws so as to not have connectivity there. Just a thought.

Problem with that Paul is the esc wires from one side would reach the other side without extending them. This way is a lot neater IMO but thanks for the input.

Keith

Looks good Lee... But you know it's our job to be picky... Did you cover it with hot glue or is it epoxy...? If an ESC goes bad will you have to cut it off and solder the wires together of a new one...?

Lee

Its hot glue Keith. I already had to cut off a little because i forgot to put the leads to the battery on DOH!!!!!

Keith

That's the first 'Open Pilot IKEA Quaddie' I've seen.... Good job mate... I've had three blade props on order for over two months... Two blade counter are hard enough but if you want three don't hold your breath....

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Now that looks assume Lee! I like the Tupperware cover for the electronics! Looks cool lol! Should fly great! You should be coming to the us instead of Mexico. That way you could help me build mine over winter lol!

Lee

I'm sponsored by IKEA :D
I've had the opposite problem Keith. Got my pusher props but the normal one are all out of stock in the local shops. Got some on the way from the UK. Had to pay alot for them to be posted.

Top Bottom