Quad Quad copter build

Lee

At the bottom of the first page Theres a list of the stores that sell them. If they are not in stock you habe to pay and yours will be sent out when it arrives. They are in the final stages of a new board that should be amazing. Its called the Revolution with GPS function, RTH, bluetooth control. So you can control it from your computer.

Tasajara

what about the DJI NAZA multirotor controller for quads

I have 2 - of the Naza's one on a FPV Quad and the other on my Hexa. They work very well, and now they have the GPS upgrade coming out this month.
You will have Alt Holt, Return to home, GPS Hold, Intelligent Mode (Carefree), Failsafe autoland, etc. You can also fine tune the gain from you radio as you fly
using X1 and X2 ports.
The Naza is on the center Spider Quad in the pic.

Spider Quads.jpg02-DJI F-500 Hexa.jpg01-DJI F-500 Hexa.jpg

Spider Quads.jpg

02-DJI F-500 Hexa.jpg

01-DJI F-500 Hexa.jpg

wolfman76

hey lee what is the lxw dimensions for the arms to the quad all the alluminum square tubing i am finding is measured in inches not mm like the build plans on open pilot say??? You know like 1/4" wide how many inches long know what i mean???

Tony

Staff member
There is 10mm in a cm, and one cm is .3937". So just divide the Cm by .3937 and it will give you the inches.

wolfman76

hey lee what kind or type of plywood did you use i am looking up the plywood right now on a hobby supply site but it list diff types birch ply,poplar ply,baltic birch,finland birch any ideas???

wolfman76

thnx lee i went to home depot and got some 1/4" thick 3 layer ply wood now i just need to have my buddy here cut it out with his cnc machine

wolfman76

hey lee what format did you use to run center plates through cnc my buddy has one but i don't think he can use dwg file in it

wolfman76

hey lee got the square tubes in yesterday printed off the templates had them printed off at fedex kinkos they printed off as dwg file should that be correct??? Turns out my buddy still has not had a chance to finish setting up his cnc that he built due to him working alot of hours... turns out i have enough material that i will be buildin 2 quads instead of just 1.... WOO HOO!!!!

Lee

I'm new to the whole CNC thing myself. My friend did most of the work for me. Hope to see some pics of yours soon.

wolfman76

do the props have to to be cw and ccw ??? or just regular prop still learning as i go i have 4 exceed rc optima 1050kv motors on the open pilot buil link it says APC 10x4.7 and that is itdoes not mention cw or ccw

Lee

You need the 10x4.7 SF and the 10x4.7 SFP. SF are the CW and SFP are the CCW.

Top Bottom