Quad Quad Build

Well got here out again to check how she does.
It was about 5 mile an hour winds so had to keep her close for my newb condition but all and all I'm a happy camper.once I can get a no wind day will tweak her just a little more. She hoover decent and was very responsive.
I did order more batteries today. Ended up getting zippys. 1 1500 35c and 1 1800 35c.
With the little bit I was doing I got about 8 to 9 minutes out of the 1350.
[emoji41]
Next time I will rig up some type of camera just to show how big a newb I really am lol

Slobberdog

Fella everyone has to start from somewhere, even the pros learned to hover first, practice and air time is the key,

Hey question.
The 250 I built recommend 3s for the battery. Not that I would do so but will it run a 2s? I suppose it would have to do with motors and esc?

Thanks Tony
I ordered more batteries but want to get her out again for some tweaking and have some 2s from my EOX which was crashed yesterday to the point where I have to replace motor mount. A gust of wind grabbed her and well the landing was not so grateful.

Stambo

It may work ok but as Tony says, it will be very underpowered as the motors are probably built for 3s.
If you have some larger or more pitched props, that will help but don't expect too much. :)

Don't try and tweak settings on 2s as it will be totally different when you put the 3s back in.

Yea I decided not to. Right about the time I started things got crazy around here so I ditched the idea. The batteries I ordered should be in in a few days. I spent some time disassembling the EOX I ordered some aluminum motor mounts for it. I ended up smoking one of the stock plastic ones yesterday.

Ok got my new batteries yesterday and strapped the 1500 to the top now I suppose due to weight distribution the quad is back to where it wants to raise up in the front.
So since I have no fpv hardware up front to help balance the load should I consider mounting battery on the bottom?
Thoughts?

Slobberdog

if you still have that amount of wire hanging out the back that is gonna cause a lot of cog problem especially with the longer zippy battery, are you using the camera mount if not take it off and slide the battery further fwd,

this is how mine looks,

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

this will give you a little idea I will however take a pic of that part of the quad later

the wires are attached to my last post and extend prob an inch past

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

if you still have that amount of wire hanging out the back that is gonna cause a lot of cog problem especially with the longer zippy battery, are you using the camera mount if not take it off and slide the battery further fwd,

this is how mine looks,

View attachment 13860

Slob
BTW what did you use to mount the LED's to the arms?
I can see it in my head but for the life of me I cannot
remember what they are called.

- - - Updated - - -

this will give you a little idea I will however take a pic of that part of the quad later

the wires are attached to my last post and extend prob an inch past

View attachment 13861

I see what you did there.
Instead of the normal out the rear you kind of forced
it off to the side in a sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Question on my motors.
I currently use lock nuts to secure the props instead of the Acorn style nuts that
came with the setup since they all are CW rotation.
The motors I have are DYS BE1806/2300KV's
Are there prop adapters that I can purchase separatey that will allow me to
stick with the Acorn style nuts?
I do not mind the lock nuts but really like the look of the Acorn nuts.
I do not suppose they come in a universal fit :)

Stambo

Stick with the lock nuts, that way if you hit a twig or branch your props won't fly off. :)

Actually I feel I missed the target on my motor post what I meant to say was are there ccw prop adapters available.
I really have to start paying attention in class lol

Top Bottom