Quad Quad Build

Walt

I was having second thoughts about the foam case for the same reason. I have plenty of 2 sided 3m foam tape.

Tony

Staff member
If you have the holes in your frame, get the nylon stand-off's to mount the board. You can also get a PDB and bolt it right under the FC.

Walt

I would have to drill holes in the frame for the kk2 board and they would be right at the edge of the frame.
To close for comfort.

Tony

Staff member
Right on, understand that. Do you have anything like Zeal tape or anything? That stuff works wonders. I'm using some clear 3M Gel tape on mine, and have it under all my gyros on my helicopters.

Well I think I have got her as far as she can go.
Next step, flying...as soon as the weather breaks...
I had a wide angle lens floating around and used that instead of the one that came with it.
cam front.jpg
Needed to reposition wires and AR8000 to get cam in.
Also had recently purchased single wire leads for the FCB to RX which helped clean things up.
Left Side 250.jpg
Pigtail for the power for cam and FVP TX
FPV Ant Rear.jpg
View of inside of Goggles, not bad I feel. This was with stock lens. Once
I placed the wide angle in there I gained about a good foot on both sides
but need to take more pics once I have more time.
Goggles 1.jpg

cam front.jpg

FPV Ant Rear.jpg

Left Side 250.jpg

Goggles 1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah these little things are not known for their space lol that thing is looking great and that image looks pretty good as well. Mow we just need some video

Well it was a nice day at lunch today.
60 degrees and about 5 mph wind....so I got the 250 out and played around.
Had a few crashes lost 2 props but over all had some fun.
I did give the FPV gear a shot and man I got to say it was a wild experience.
One thing I need to do is get used to how high I am in perspective to the camera.
Its actually kind of funny when crashing and rolling while wearing the goggles.
I felt like I was going to roll over as well.
As per the HK goggle/fpv setup I had purchased...I am very happy with it.
The only time it kind of cut out was when I did a minor crash and the quad was
upside down blocking the antennas which was about 400 feet away.
I went out to about 500 feet with what I feel was good video reception.
The cheapy antennas that came with it surprisingly did very well however
I was out in an open area.
One thing I was concerned about was the area I was in has several high power lines
running very close to where I was flying...in fact I had to "duck out" to avoid hitting one.
I thought the electric field would have interfere but not at all.
I am going to invest in a better set of antennas only because the area where the wire
goes into the RP-SMA connector is not as snug as it really should be in my opinion.
Now to decide on a recording cam....decisions decisions decisions

Stambo

Recording cam? Get the mobius! It's great. I love mine!

100% agree with Tony.
Mobius is a great cam and really good value for money.
There is a Mobius copy out there cheaper but it seems not as good as the original.
With the Mobius, go in to the settings and change it to cloudy, gives better results in changing conditions.

As for your FPV practice, get away from those power lines.
Go somewhere like a sports park with big open spaces and short grass.
I hope you have a beeper on it so you have more chance of finding it WHEN it does go down.
Keep it close, it's also good to have a spotter if you can. They can see what direction you are when you crash and tell you if people come around.
Short flights of 2 to 3 minutes initially, give yourself a little time to relax in between.
Not too fast, just cruise.
Keep going forward, that's the only direction you can see, don't try to hover, that will come later.
Have fun, FPV is an addiction. :)

Last edited:
Yea I didn't think the wires would be a good idea.
It was the only place near work where I could get it out today.
Weather was just ugly lately.
Yea I am tossing the Mobius around...I know I will end up with one LOL
Yes I have a beeper on her and I typically bring her home when it starts.
OH I can see were it is addictive LOL
Thanks Stam

Well took grandson out to fly quads this evening and the 250 had a little crash...lol
All I saw was a battery flying in the air after it was over...[emoji12]
Good thing I had plastic standoffs on the upper end....
uploadfromtaptalk1429060264086.jpg

Overall it looked worse than it is.
I actually laughed about it.

uploadfromtaptalk1429060264086.jpg

Lol I know right the top flies off and the props are intact lol. Actually one of them was broke.
Yea it will be put back together within 30 minutes but will have to wait a day or so.
I got to say these little guys are tough

- - - Updated - - -

Played around with the fpv before the crash and this ladies dog wanted to start chasing it. I felt like dive bombing the dog lol.
Went to a local park but a small soccer team had the field I wanted so had to pick a smaller place.
I really wish there were some decent areas to fly at without too many people I really need some quality time with the 250.
But hey I had the EOX with me and was doing flips and stuff for the grandson.

Tony

Staff member
If you watched my first FPV flight (in the fpv setup video), i crashed mine a few times in that flight lol. And nothing broke. But I was also using carbon fiber props that are a bit stronger than plastic.

I as well need to find a new place to fly that is larger than my yard. I'm thinking about taking mine up to work adn flying across the street. There is a soccer field over there that is pretty big, but it's a REALLY bad part of town where I work. Lots of gangs and drug dealing. Not somewhere I want to be sitting, blind to what's around me with goggles on. So that may not ever happen.

Top Bottom