600 Pimp my Chaos 600E Pro

Lee

Well its too late now anyway. Its on its way. Having spoken with a friend who has the exact same heli, and has had it set up as 6S, 8S, 10S and 12S, he recommended me the 8S as the best all round performance/flight time. I'm no Smack 3D pilot yet, so 8S will be fine. And when i do get better, its a 12S 700 monster for me :thumbsup:

zenmetsu

Awesome job mate. I was eyeballing that same receiver and contemplating going FBL on the 250.

Out of curiosity, going FBL, did you notice a decrease in flight time? I've heard conflicting reports, but the fact that the servos are taking a lot more input from the gyro leads me to believe that FBL could burn more battery than relying upon a passive mechanical gyro.

Tony

Staff member
FBL should increase the flight time. Less rotating mass and less "arms" in the air means less resistance.

zenmetsu

Sweet, I might try this then.

Do you need a 7-channel transmitter for that receiver? Would be bummed if I had to give up my DX6i, lol.

Lee

My motor and ESC have arrived. Just awaiting the pinion and castle link cable.
Wow its a beast. Can't wait to get it installed.
Bonus No customs/postage tax. :chickendance:

100_2760.jpg

100_2761.jpg

100_2762.jpg

100_2763.jpg

Lee

Original setup is 100A Phoenixtech ESC and 6S 1000KV motor. It will be up for sale as soon as i take it out if anybody wants it. For a first time 600 size hell, it was a fantastic choice and ran cool no matter what i did.

murankar

Staff member
You'll love that motor. Just make sure to temp it until you know what the normal is. Mine runs hotter than my cheap motor.

murankar

Staff member
You'll love that motor. Just make sure to temp it until you know what the normal is. Mine runs hotter than my cheap motor.

Lee

Well the new motor and ESC are amazing but....... it didn't go quite to plan :( Check the video and tell me what you think happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

zenmetsu

Yeah that sucks. Good save though.

There was a definite change in sound while you were inverted, and it looked like the heli was slow to respond to your forward cyclic input. That coupled with the clicking, seems like something related to the swash.

You going to have a post-mortem follow-up video on this?

stokke

As far my experience goes, I know when doing tic tocs both servos and motor draw some serious power. My guess is your ESC fail-safe kicked in...?

Top Bottom