Off Topic Chit Chat

RandyDSok

That's what I meant. If you would have used that filter on that sunset, it would have blocked all of the orange colors in the clouds.

I actually don't think it would have... these are made to help enhance things like the fall colors... not filter them. Read the Amazon description I quoted in that link... I know it sounds counter intuitive ... but that is what they claim.

I'll try some test shots next time there is a good sunset with those types of colors in it. I thought about it this time, but there is usually only around 5 minutes of good color during a sunset and I didn't want to fiddle around and miss the prime time taking test pics.

Tony

Staff member
Posting this reply to see how many emails get queued. Let me know if you received an email.

RandyDSok

I did play with the filter tonight hoping to catch a sunset to test the differences that it made to the overall colors etc... The biggest problem was it wasn't a colorful sunset... so no large swatches of pinks or golds to speak of... just smidgens here and there.

But I was pretty tired after being at a 3 year old's birthday party all afternoon and I messed up the test... I didn't go into full manual mode with autofocus... So the camera could easily change settings a little from shot to shot making the test invalid ... or to a degree anyway.

The image color was slightly different... but the effect was similar to what I've seen with a polarizer where the blues were more intense and a bit more overall contrast. Which make me think having a shot with a polarizer or perhaps a neutral density filter as a 3rd option to compare with may be wise. Just having more blue, or deeper anyway, shifts the colors away from yellow naturally ( actually green since it's RGB and there is no yellow per se ). I think having a 3rd filter for comparison would allow us to see if any less yellow/gold showing up is an effect of the filter or the increased contrast.

I currently don't have either a ND or CPL filter... but I do have a CPL on the way and should ship tomorrow if the guy has time to go to the PO.

RandyDSok

I was browsing through the sunset shots I took last Saturday evening again... almost completely missed this one and I think this may even be better than the previous one I posted.... darker so it's much more dramatic... more color variations as well and not just the brown grass to golds of the last one I posted... about the same shot only just a little later as the sun had gone down a little further...

DSC_1304-1_lzn_1600.jpg

DSC_1304-1_lzn_1600.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I tell them a week in advance to get me home no later than noon today, and they can't even do that...

RandyDSok

Yup, we had some awesome wispy clouds tonight. Enjoyed it.

I was beginning to think it wasn't going to turn into much color... ended up waiting an extra 10 minutes after sunset to capture it

... I did get some of the wispier ones just before sunset but they weren't as dramatic but they almost looked like virga except they were sweeping back too much from the bottom of the clouds to be rain.

leedude1

Yeah had a lot of things that needed attention, so didn't have much down time as such. But I was able to get a little more time on the build over the last few days and will be working on an updated post that should go in tonight to the X5 post.

Tony

Staff member
So I'm getting ready to shoot some videos and my microphone is no where to be found... go figure..

murankar

Staff member
I think I am back now. Over the last month or so I have had a bunch of crap happen. To say the least it took me out of the game. With out getting to deep into it just know I almost lost my Dad and I did loose my Mom over the last month. Needless to say that had priority in my head. Anyhow I am going start making my way back.

Tony

Staff member
Put a new blog up for anyone that cares. lol. Also put up the first of many videos on the new GoolRC 210mm Racing quad. Just click the What's New? button at the top of the forum to find it.

Tony

Staff member
CC3D Setup video is shot and the maiden flight of the GoolRC 210 Quad is complete. Putting all of the video files on my computer and I'm going to be editing them here in about an hour.

Should I go ahead and upload the video when I'm done, or make all of you wait until next weekend to see it?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
CC3D Setup video is shot and the maiden flight of the GoolRC 210 Quad is complete. Putting all of the video files on my computer and I'm going to be editing them here in about an hour.

Should I go ahead and upload the video when I'm done, or make all of you wait until next weekend to see it?

:confused-new: It's totally up to you Tony. Unless your like my wife and likes to procrastinate. Me on the other hand, " Get - er - done"

Top Bottom