Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
Here is the list of processors that are compatible. If it is different from the 5410 I would need 2 to keep them the same. And yes, you should have charged me double lmao. Especially seeing as it started out as just an offer for the PSU's and turned into a full server lmao.

• Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor E5205 (1.86 GHz, 1066FSB, 65W)

• Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5405 (2.0 GHz,1333 FSB, 80W)

• Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5410 (2.33 GHz,1333 FSB, 80W)

• Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5420 (2.50 GHz,1333 FSB, 80W)

• Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5430 (2.66 GHz,1333 FSB, 80W)

• Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5440 (2.83 GHz, 1333 FSB, 80W)

Tony

Staff member
And I greatly appreciate it! It's the perfect "actual server" to test on. Now I just need to get that second CPU in there so that I can do some testing on allocating different cores, or whole processors to a VM, that is if I keep playing with VM's. I'm running a VM on the RCH server so it would be nice to be able to play around with it and test before doing the real thing.

leedude1

Sorry guys, I didn't get the notifications on the responses not sure if something changed, I used to get pinged an email.

Anyway yeah still here Tony.

Mur... yeah but 15 and flies the Hell Jesus out of that Heli just blew me away.. I get it, young and fearless but man!!

Tony

Staff member
How hard could it possibly be to setup a networked plotter.... Apperantly VERY HARD!!! Windows makes you use only available drivers from Windows update, and NONE of them are for vector designs, only text or image printing... I'm losing my mind right now...

RandyDSok

Windows makes you use only available drivers from Windows update

Actually, while Microsoft does supply some basic drivers through WU, it's the responsibility of the printer/plotter manufacturer to provide drivers for any particular OS ( or OS version ). If nothing more than basic drivers aren't available, it's the manufacturer that you should be cussing, not MS.

Tony

Staff member
I'm still cussing MS lmao. I will always cuss MS. But not as much as I cuss Apple lmao. But you are right, it is the manufacturer that needs to put out the drivers. But this plotter that I'm trying to network is going to need an actual computer that I can connect it to to cut out some projects. I'm looking into using a Rπ3b+ and seeing if I can use that instead of a full size computer.

murankar

Staff member
Very sour, very high in vitamin c and helps fight against mild head aches. The flavor is very different.

bigone5500

I thought the pun was funny. He has some in a Powerade bottle thus the 'Sourade'. *que homer simpson 'DOH!'*

Tony

Staff member
Reason # 1,594,937 to never be a truck driver. A DAMN bottle of NyQuil, 8 friggin ounces, FIFTEEN BUCKS!!!

Reason # 1,594,938 to never be a truck driver. When you are sick, it doesn't matter. NEVER tell your dispatcher otherwise you will get the classic "Suck It Up, Buttercup" response.

This really sucks!

murankar

Staff member
I MISSED THE PUN : facepalm:

I think I got the water to berry mixture wrong. I think I needed to dilute the mix even more than I did. I am going to have to play around with this mix fopr the next couple weeks. Harvestr season for the berries is short.

Tony

Staff member
Well, had to come home due to being sick as hell. This sucks. I think it is just a severe cold, but when you are driving down the interstate and/or narrow back roads (did both yesterday) while coughing your ass off is not that good of an idea. I did stop at a Walmart in Arkansas and got me some DayQuil, boy was that a mistake. I took it just before leaving the walmart and by the time I was in Mo, it hit me. This is DAY!!!Quil, but this stuff made me tired as hell. And to make it worse, where I was at, no rest areas or places I could pull off. That was my determining factor in coming home. If I can't take anything to keep from coughing and stop this crap from running, then I'm out. And here I am. I HATE being sick and am very rarely sick.

murankar

Staff member
Sumac sourade to the rescue. Super high in vitamin c, mix it with some vitamin e and zinc and your golden.

Got some resistors ordered now waiting on more money to magically appear in my wallet.

Top Bottom