Off Topic Chit Chat

RandyDSok

The ex-GF had called me about a week ago... mentioning that they have been getting a young bald eagle visiting her and her husbands place for a little while now... Then the other day, she said it was actually two of them. The eagles would come by early in the day, around 10am and then again in the afternoon about 3pm and perch on a tree just to the back of their house.

I'd been needing to get out and teach her how to email pics from her smartphone... as well as go over her pics she'd been taking with my old DSLR that I had sold her. So I went out yesterday afternoon and while there... the bald eagles did show up... but they didn't ever perch on the tree or anywhere very close.... That didn't stop me from grabbing pics of them while they were making lazy circles in the sky... while too far away for any detailed shots of them, it still made for good shot when one of them passed in front of a cloud...

DSC_0748-1_lzn_sm.jpg

DSC_0748-1_lzn_sm.jpg

RandyDSok

People don't realize just how big those birds are! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah... the full grown one's can get quite large... these are youngsters that have only recently learned to fly...

Still.. my ex-GF estimated them to be about a foot and a half tall ( give or take ) head to tail... based on a shot she got with her cell phone, I'd say she's pretty close... the leaves on this tree are likely to be about 3" long for an idea of scale

eagle.jpg

eagle.jpg

Tony

Staff member
So I gave up on FreeNAS. Way over complicated for what I need. Might build a dedicated system later, but now.

NOW, I am on my desktop trying to clean up some of these video files that I have accumulated over the many years of shooting video. I know there are duplicates of duplicates and I need to get rid of them to free up space. Once I do that, then I will back up my lappy to my desktop then reinstall the OS. Ugh, this is overly complicated for something so simple. But when you run out of HDD space, you gotta do what you gotta do...

trainrider06

Funny ain't it? Our computers are like our lives in some ways, either clean and smooth running or cluttered and a cluster....well you know....:wink:

trainrider06

Ain't that the truth! Lol There been times she's been pissed at me, and I still don't know why even today, then other times I thought for sure she'd be pissed, and wasn't.
People talk about extra terrestrial visitors.....hell they been here right under our noses....women! Lol

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I here you. If you keep them pissed off all the time then you don't have to guess if there mad at you or not Lol

Tony

Staff member
So I tried to install the original factory image to the lappy (I ended up just cleaning out the desktop [Bitchin' i7] and making enough space to backup the primary drive on the lappy) and it failed. It installed, but had a window that said it failed and to try again. I tried again, and again, it failed. So I said screw it and installed W7 from the OEM disk that I have. That is what I'm typing on now.

I had to use my other computer to get my network card drivers just so I could get online and once I did, I installed chrome to get on here. I have not installed the display drivers yet and this screen is MASSIVE! lmao. But I think I got too used to WX and I think I'm going to do a clean install of that before I do any updating. I will just let the program install what it needs rather than putting a bunch of useless drivers on the computer that just take up space. We will see how that goes...

And Rodney, when you wake up (not sure if you are), send me a text. I need to get some pictures from you on a project that I'm working on.

Tony

Staff member
So Windows 10 is being a douche. I go to install it, it asks me for my activation key, I put it in, and it says it's not valid. What the hell. I guess I will just stick with 7 then. Friggin old ass computer...

RandyDSok

So Windows 10 is being a douche. I go to install it, it asks me for my activation key, I put it in, and it says it's not valid. What the hell. I guess I will just stick with 7 then. Friggin old ass computer...

If you are using the Win7 key... you need to use the Win10 #1511 build or newer also if you are installing fresh without a qualifying Windows installed... then it should take that key ( at least until the 29th of this month ) and activate it.

To download and create an ISO or bootable USB ... use this utility Windows 10

If installing as an upgrade over an existing Windows 7... it must have SP1 installed ( and possible some other updates, it's been a while so I'm not positive on those ) and you run the install initially from within Windows.

Tony

Staff member
I already have the iso on a flashdrive. I have done this update before, it's just not working now. So I'm trying something else to see if it will work. Sure hope so, I'm running out of time. Have to leave out early tomorrow morning...

Tony

Staff member
The problem that I have is the skip button is not there on the activation window. If I can get past that, I can use the phone system to activate it. But again, it's not there.

Top Bottom